PDA

View Full Version : Lifan LF250 V-Twin motorcycles?

jjn
06-26-2014, 06:13 PM
While perusing some of the sellers of Chinese motorcycles, I ran across some Lifan, and I believe the model was LF250(?), which is the v-twin engine'd copy of the current Yamaha V Star 250. I think these were going for about $2999 when they were current. I think these may actually be new leftover 2009 models.

I had heard that these were very good motorcycles, and a pretty sweet engine. I had read a few comments somewhere that parts from the V Star fit the LF250. I think Lifan isn't selling new models in the US due to a snafu with EPA procedures from some years ago? It looks like Hooper Imports still sells parts for these engines at least.

Anyone have personal experience with these? I know Lifan was coming out with a 400cc v twin when the SHTF and blew everything for them.

Here is a youtube video of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZr4scQT-Xs

I also read somewhere that Lifan was gearing up to reenter the US sometime this year. Can't remember where I read it, but it wqs an article.

FastDoc
06-26-2014, 06:30 PM
I don't think any of us own one of these but they are highly desirable.

FastDoc
06-26-2014, 06:33 PM
BTW I'll move this to the street, not dirt only forum ;-)

jjn
06-26-2014, 08:54 PM
OOOPS! I'm very sorry to have put it in the wrong heading. I'l blame it on my advanced age.

SpudRider
06-27-2014, 02:02 AM
I don't have any personal experience with this bike, but I also heard it was a good motorcycle. I also believe it does employ Yamaha parts. :)