PDA

View Full Version : Hawk 70 ATV

SavorenC
07-02-2014, 07:27 PM
I bought a Hawk 70 from a buddy and he told me it was running last year. I cleaned the Carb on it and I can not get it to start. It is getting Spark, I replaced the Fuel line, and the tail is lighting up when I am trying to start it. Also If I spray starting fluid in it it will start the die.. Can anyone help me get this thing running? Thanks.

katoranger
07-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Sounds like it is not getting fuel. Step one. Check to make sure fuel is getting to carb from the tank. Then see if fuel is getting into the bowl.

My guess is that the main jet is not clean. I use a wire brush bristle or similar to clean them.

FLASHLIGHTBOY
07-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Check on YOUTUBE ... How to clean a carb.... you have to use a very small strang of wire... not a torch tip cleaner ... they are too big... as the hole is the size of your hair... it has to go thru the jet... otherwise it will not drain fuel up... carb cleaners are a waste...

FLASHLIGHTBOY
07-04-2014, 04:00 PM
yes go to... YOUTUBE.COM search.... How to clean a Chinese minibike carburetor They will show you how to do this... this is the real only way to do it..