PDA

View Full Version : Me&Speedee, a day in the life of a Shineray DB-P12 200cc

parallax
07-23-2007, 05:51 AM
Hey guys,

I just posted a video of todays ride on my new Shineray Speedee 200cc. It was a beautiful day...and speedy was just perfect...man i love this bike!!

Larger higher res version here:
http://www.zarbonz.com/me&speedee.htm

YouTube compressed here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PZ6Qu3C_G8s

Anyway...hope you like the video...comments are of course welcome...

Have a great day... :lol:

desert_drew
07-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Great vid!

Now I gotta go wipe all the drool off my chin!

You might pick up an old used helmet and a roll of duct tape for those onboard shots... Might be a bit safer! :wink:

AZ200cc
07-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Nice vid man, That looks like a fun trail..And I would never use duct tape to hold the camera.........I use electrical tape :D
So how is Speedee holding up so far?

pumpkin
07-23-2007, 01:03 PM
nice vids

katoranger
07-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Nice video. Thanks for sharing. I would make a video, but you all have seen traffic before.

Allen

knothead
07-23-2007, 03:24 PM
The Berkshires?? Darned if that dosen't look like a plce arond here called Beauty Spot, right in between the Cherokee and Pisga national foresets...
Nice ride though, looks like you really put some time in the saddle that day.

It just cracks me up that you're calling your bike Speedee... not in a bad way. I'm the type to differntiate my vehichles by type or year (the bike, the 4-Runner, the Honda etc..), I don't think I have ever given one a real name. ... Then again if it were up to me we'd still be calling our dog "dog" and the cat "cat"..... :)

parallax
07-23-2007, 04:14 PM
lol...well speedee is a term of endearment...and also...

If you're bike said speedee all over it in twenty places...you'd call it speedee too...

hmm....kinda like cool boy...huh? :wink:

Anyway, Speedee (my Shineray 200cc DB-P12) has been great. I simply love her...I probably put about 80 miles on her yesterday...and it was all well worth it for my psyche...very theraputic... 8)

I replaced the stock mirrors with the $14.95 specials at jcwhittney...and I can tell you they are a good deal more rugged than the stockers...and they barely vibrate at all!!

The only other issue I had was that my shiny new liscense plate is starting to crack...it can't handle the vibrations back there i guess...hmmm...I don't have a problem with it vibrating...so i guess the jailbirds (no offense to hibird owners...lol) were slacking the day they made my plate... :?

pumpkin
07-23-2007, 04:38 PM
The only other issue I had was that my shiny new liscense plate is starting to crack

i had the same issue when i had 2 bolts on it try 4 if you allready have 4 on it try a thin peice of plastic i cut a number pad off another bike(thanks again sam) to prevent mine from geting worse then 2 months later i had to get a new plate anyway (wv issued new ugly plates with a h-d on it)

parallax
07-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I guess what i'll do is put a thin steel backing on it...and bolt all 4 bolt holes of the plate to it...that should keep it from coming apart...that and a little jbweld...lol

parallax
07-23-2007, 04:54 PM
hmmm...I wonder if rubber washers would help as well? I have a bunch left over from the bike assembly...they included a ton of extras nuts, bolts, etc... :lol:

Jim
07-23-2007, 09:14 PM
I used a piece of mudflap in behind mine, bolted on top and bottom, solved the problem, now I wont have to buy more license plates.

NewEnglandTrails
07-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Alex,

Thanks fer sharing the great vid, Its good to see some New England Trails and familiar horizons. Its been a few years, but I think that trail you were on is just up past BCC?

The Berkshires got me hooked on dual sports bikes. So many good places to go and get that therapeutic value you mentioned, only a short ride away. Glad to see your putting Speedee to task.

Hopefully you didnt find too many loose bolts, cracked or missing parts and did'nt have too many adjustments to make after your ride. But be sure to check....

Keep on ridin!!! Be safe...!!

NET

parallax
07-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Net

You got it my man...just up past BCC...good memory!!

I went over the bike the night i got back...and guess what?...no loose bolts or problems of any kind!! Can that be right? It is!!

I'm gonna change the oil and mount the new Vapor tonight....and i'll go over it all again...but right now all is well...

Glad you enjoyed the vid!!

Thanks again for the kind words!! :lol: