PDA

View Full Version : Megelli 125m project (help)

mx-dan1989
09-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Hello all,

My name's Dan and I'm currently working on a 2008 megelli supermoto.
An idiot owned it before who crashed it, and completely hashed up the wiring to the point that I thought Jack the ripper would have done a neater job with a butter knife!! Anyway it has a deni pz26 carb. Because I have fitted a asbo aftermarket exhaust on her, I now have to up jet the main. Please please please someone help me find out what the standard size jet is because the one on the bike is damaged and unreadable :tdown: So I can't search for a size up untill I know the standard size! She's a 125 four stroke. Thanks for help in advance. Dan. :hi:

culcune
09-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Welcome to here, and post some photos (I am a hypocrite about that!). Not too many Megellis made it out this way (N. America) and the ones we got were 250's. I would suggest to post on mychinamoto.com as well since that forum is more international in scope. But there might be someone here...

mx-dan1989
09-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Thanks culcune for you'r reply, I have several photos of the project so far but this website won't let me upload any?! Thanks for the tip with the other web site, I'll chance my luck there too! :thanks:

Weldangrind
09-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Welcome, Dan!

You can determine the main jet size with a numbered drill bit set; perhaps you know of someone who has one you can use. The bits have a number, rather than a fractional size, and that number translates to a size in thousandths of an inch. Once you determine which bit fits perfectly, do a conversion to determine what the metric equivalent is. Let's say the main jet converts to 1.00mm; that would be a 100 jet. A 1.05mm is a 105 jet.

BTW, that's in Mikuni or Keihin language. Not sure about other carb styles.

humanbeing
09-21-2014, 07:22 PM
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AQu2XCmxFHcJ:www.huoniao-owners.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D9%26t%3D6028+&cd=1