PDA

View Full Version : Identify & Find Carb & Sprockets for Baja Phoenix 250, Hensim 250

Winter_Is_Coming
09-24-2014, 07:05 PM
:hi: Hi, I have a 2008 baja phoenix 250cc, vin LUAH, purchased at pepboys but engine tag says it's a hensim. Has 520 chain.

I'm hoping someone can help me find & identify the carb & front & rear sprockets. Any info would be appreciated.

1. It's a single carb (setup). says's "sheng wey" on it. Need a carb rebuild kit. Don't know jet sizes.
2. Front & rear sprockets. Front 14t, rear 32t (visually verified). I would like to find mid-priced quality replacements. Bike has almost 13k on it now, still runs perfect, and I'm hoping to get >13k more w/out having to replace the sprockets again. Any suggestions on what & where to purchase?

Thanks!

Weldangrind
09-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Welcome!

Pics help a lot. Start with pics of the complete bike and carb close-ups, and we'll go from there.

katoranger
09-24-2014, 09:37 PM
You may be better just replacing the carb. Is the phoenix a twin cylinder honda CM250 clone?

Winter_Is_Coming
09-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Welcome!

Pics help a lot. Start with pics of the complete bike and carb close-ups, and we'll go from there.
I tried to add pics but I ran into a forum limit of 19.5kb per pic. That can't be right, can it? That would be ridiculously small. So....how do I add pics? lol
-------------------------
And katoranger (or is it DumpsterTech?), I just knew somebody was gonna tell me to get another carb. LOL. The one I have has worked great up until recently though when I let the bike sit too long without starting it. My only issue with it is that the mixture screw has a brass cover on it. I plan to remove that, but I am open to getting a new and better carb. if the price is right. And you're right it is a twin cylinder honda clone.

Also...I believe I've solved the sprocket issue because apparently all the honda cmx250c rebel's from 1985-2009 (or 2012, depending on your source) use the same sprockets. The 1991-2008 250cc nighthawks may also use the same sprockets. Looks like I'm gonna go with JT Sprockets.

And thanks again! You bikers are the nicest people! :)

Winter_Is_Coming
09-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Found my OEM carb: http://m.monsterscooterparts.com/carburetor-baja-phoenix-le8p.html

DumpsterTech, if you happen to read this: What would be a preferred replacement for it?

humanbeing
09-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Sheng Wey http://www.shengwey.com.tw/ is a Taiwanese brand. W/o model # & measurement(s). We don't know copied from which Japanese brand.
---
"Miraculous" used GY6 scooter Keihin carb: http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17122997.htm

Weldangrind
09-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Have you dismantled your carb? Are the jets simply clogged? If so, it can be cleaned without putting any new parts in. Is the diaphragm torn?

Mudflap
09-25-2014, 11:45 AM
I had one of those bikes for a short time several years ago and replaced the rear sprocket to change the gear ratio. Seems the rear sprocket wasn't the same as used on a Rebel but may have been the same as used on the Suzuki that the frame was modeled after. Using the measurements from the old sprocket I matched it up using the specs on the JT Sprockets web site. The original is indeed 32 tooth, center hole 58mm, bolt holes centers are on a 90mm circle, bolt hole diameter is 10.5mm. Sprocket thickness is 6mm.

The stock CV carb worked fine but upping the main jet size a few points helped it run better. The diaphragm is fragile so be careful with that.

Winter_Is_Coming
10-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Saw a video of a carb rebuild for a 1992 honda rebel 250 - and boom! That is my carb! Sure wish I knew what would be a good aftermarket replacement for it. Would also like to know how to post pics here. :)

Thanks everyone for your help!

Winter_Is_Coming
10-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Success! Bike is Running Great! Faster than ever, I believe. Now on to the sprockets, a minor elec. prob., adjust valves, new plugs, and some minor exhaust-muffler work AND yeah man I'm riding again! Yahoo! Yehaw! LOL! :)

Mudflap
10-05-2014, 04:29 PM
I'd be interested in knowing what top speed you get (flat ground, no wind) once you're finished with the mods. Mine usually wouldn't reach a GPS verified speed of 60 mph although the stock speedo said it was going 70+. Mods I did to mine were pod filter, rejet, sportster mufflers, removed cats, fixed shift shaft design. It was a nice running bike though.

Success! Bike is Running Great! Faster than ever, I believe. Now on to the sprockets, a minor elec. prob., adjust valves, new plugs, and some minor exhaust-muffler work AND yeah man I'm riding again! Yahoo! Yehaw! LOL! :)