PDA

View Full Version : a ride in the rain

sprinxyRider
07-27-2007, 02:36 AM
So It was a bright sunny hot day, figured the ride home would be nice and cool by the end of the work day... and boy was I ever right (about the cool).

It started off just fine (btw almost 400 miles on the scooter) I was almost home when I started to feel cool raindrops fall on my arms. Suddenly the glasses I was wearing went foggy, the rain started to fall really hard and I couldnt see... my eyes began to burn I squinted... I maintained complete control but had to pull over eventually because my eyes hurt so bad.

took off the glasses and rode the rest of the way home, squinting but I made it. soaked :( freezing cold.... shivering. Many of you may wonder why my eyes were buring. Maybe it was the rain.. maybe the wind or..... something else.

But the moral of this story guys is. NEVER ever wear mascara and eyeliner while riding, when rain gets to it .. it gets in your eyes and burns like hell. That or wear better eye protection. ;)

hah.

katoranger
07-27-2007, 09:29 AM
I have bigger problems if I am wearing mascara and eyeliner. :lol:

You need a full-face helmet. Just like having a windshield.

Allen

sprinxyRider
07-27-2007, 10:05 AM
I have bigger problems if I am wearing mascara and eyeliner. :lol:

You need a full-face helmet. Just like having a windshield.

Allen

I wore one of those when my dad had his motorcycle.... and i couldnt see a damn thing course maybe it was too big for me but it was more of a distraction to me, and heavy. I dont know... the only problem was the mascara and eyeliner... be really funny if I wore all that other crap.. my face woulda melted off LOL

AZ200cc
07-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Singing in the rain, I am just singing in the rain...C mon sing it with me :D

frostbite
07-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I always wear waterproof mascara.

sprinxyRider
07-27-2007, 01:26 PM

the crap says waterproof. but it lies! LIES ALL LIES!!!!

ok :twisted:

John22j
07-27-2007, 02:01 PM
I started to feel cool raindrops fall on my arms.

I remember the first time I got caught in the rain -- felt like a thousand tiny needles all over my arms and on my neck below my helmet line... hail is even worse. :roll:

Jim
07-27-2007, 07:56 PM

:lol: LOL

Sunscreen will do the same thing (though I guess it shouldn't be raining if you're using sunscreen, but the sweat can make it run into your eyes...

katoranger
07-27-2007, 09:38 PM
hail is even worse. :roll:

Been there too.

sprinxyRider
07-28-2007, 12:57 AM
the needles part didnt bother me one bit.... I pierce my ears to feel the.. um pain yeah. so that doesnt bug me I think the hail would... that is a lot bigger but then again... I used to hit myself with nunchuku so that I could get used to the pain but at that speed with hail I dunno... I think the hail would win LOL

:oops:

so day two... more rain I did better. all was good I even wore makeup and my eyes didnt burn YAY.