PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Peterborough, Ontario, CA - Zongshen/Roketa/Hummer

Ace12GA
07-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi.

I have a Zongshen, Roketa, Hummer, whatever, 250 off road bike with 21" wheels. Its a 2007/2008 model that I picked up second hand as pretty much new. The first owner road it for about an hour, and decided he was too short for it.

I was hoping that anyone could point me to more information, suggested upgrades, parts compatibility, how to's. Big things I need to do right now are adjust the rear suspension and the carb. It starts a little rough, in that it takes a minute or two to warm up and idle on its own. I have rode it 3 times now, experiencing 1 problem; the rear sprocket bolts backed out half way. I'll be fixing that later this week when I get the right tools up to my cottage with a bottle of loctite.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to adjust the rear suspension? It has a locking nut style configuration on the adjuster, but it requires a special tool I don't have. I'm 280lbs and need to adjust it; it bottoms when I sit on it, making it very hard to ride.

Thanks for any help.

desert_drew
07-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Welcome Ace12GA :D

You will find that most of your questions have already been asked/answered. Use the search at the top of the page, read through the tech info, or just do like I did and read all of the old posts! 8O

A large channel locks or pipe wrench will get that shock lock nut loose but will probably scar it up. The proper tool can be had for a few bucks at any motorcycle shop or even at some bicycle shops that are heavy into mountain bikes.

katoranger
07-30-2007, 08:26 AM
Welcome. Not too many 250 owners yet, but there are coming.

Check the DS prep list for carb adjustments. Raise the needle in the carb.

Allen

Ace12GA
07-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Welcome. Not too many 250 owners yet, but there are coming.

Check the DS prep list for carb adjustments. Raise the needle in the carb.

Allen

Thanks, I'll be checking that out this weekend.

AZ200cc
07-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Welcome :D

Jim
07-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Welcome!

IronFist
07-02-2008, 12:11 AM
WELCOME Ace!