PDA

View Full Version : hi, im the newest newby in town wanting to buy a lifan 200

randy
08-01-2007, 06:07 PM
HI, I POSTED A QUESTION ABOUT IF ANY BODY KNOWS WHEN THE LIFAN 200 ENDUROS WILL BE CARB CERTIFIED SO I CAN BUY IT AND REGISTER FOR GREEN STICKER OFFROAD IN THE ENDURO FORUM, BUT SO FAR NO ONE HAS REPLIED YET. I LIVE IN PALMDALE CA. IVE BEEN OUT OF STREET AND DIRT BIKES FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS. MADE FRIENDS WITH MY NEIGHBORS WHO GO DIRT BIKEING EVERY WEEKEND OUT AT EL MIRAGE. SO I BOUGHT A LITTLE KAYACK 110CC PIT BIKE. EVEN IT WAS SMALL IT HAD A 30" SEAT HIEGHT AND THE FULL SUSPENSION. GREAT BIKE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS. SO YOU GUESSED IT I STARTED LUSTING AFTER A BIGGER BIKE (IM SURE YOU ALL KNOW THE FEELING) SO I GAVE THAT BIKE TO MY DAUGHTER AND BOUGHT A HENSIM 150, ANOTHER GOOD BIKE. A COUPLE MONTHS GOES BY SHE WANTS TO RIDE MY FULL SIZE HENSIM. ME BEING DUMB I MEAN NICE I LET HER RIDE IT. NOW SHE DOESNT LIKE THE PIT BIKE AND MY NEIGHBORS ARE LAUGHING AT ME TELLING ME HOW I LOST MY BIKE. SOOOOO NOW I DID MORE SIDE JOBS (OF COURSE MY WIFE WONT LET ME USE THE MONEY I MAKE TO BUY TOYS) SO KNOW THAT I HAVE ABOUT 1500$ SAVED AND THE LIFAN200GY-5 HAS THE COUNTER BALANCER DAMPENER FOR REDUCEING THE VIBRATION (EVEN THOUGHT I HAVE ALLWAYS LOVED MOTORCYCLES OF TYPES AND RODE ON THE STREET EVEN IN THE RAIN, MY FINGERS HAVE ALLWAYS FELL ASLEEP FROM VIBRATION)SO RATHER THAN GETTING ONE OF THESE OTHER FINE ENDUROS I DONT HAVE A CHOICE, I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE LIFAN ENDURO IS CARB CERTIFIED. I THINK THIS MUST BE THE LONGEST THREAD IN THE WORLD. AND JUST LIKE I READ IN THIS FORUM, IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU RIDE, JUST RIDE AND HAVE FUN. THANKS, RANDY. ALSO THE BIG 250CC KAYAK THATS SELLING ON EBAY LOOKS REALLY NICE. EVEN THE REAR SHOCK IS GAS CHARGED AND ADJUSTABLE DAMPING. AND THERES PROBALLY MORE FEATURES ON IT THAN ON THE LIFAN, ALSO IT HAS A REAR DISK BRAKE. I CAN VOUCH FOR THE QUALITY OF THE KAYAK, THE WELDS AND DETAIL WERE BEAUTIFUL FOR SUCH A INXPENSIVE BIKE. BYE

Ace12GA
08-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Welcome. Caps lock key stuck?

desert_drew
08-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Welcome randy! :D

But really, you don't need to SHOUT! :lol: just kidding

I think the reason nobody has answered you is that no one really knows. It is very, very expensive for a company to jump through the CARB hoops. Perhaps one of the dealers can enlighten you/us about a possible time frame.

In the meantime I would suggest looking at some of the other bikes that are already CARB certified. I believe there are several threads related to CARB certified bikes. Try using the search button at the top of the page.

AZ200cc
08-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I don't think any of these bikes are green stickered.....Might do a search. This has come up before but i cannot remember the results.

randy
08-01-2007, 11:11 PM
hi people thanks for the reply. sorry for the caps. after i sent the message i read the forum rules. normally when i email someone i allways use caps since i think it looks neater. i did do a search for carb certified, but all i came up with is carburerator related stuff. since my circulation is bad in my fingers i need the smoothest engine made and it looks like the lifan is the only dirt bike with the counterbalancer engine. i will start a new thread and ask if anybody knows of a chinese dirt bike with a counterbalanced engine. thanks for all your help, randy

ambassador
08-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey Randy, Welcome to the site...
If your really worried about vibe, I'm not sure dual-sport is the way to go, counter-balanced or not any 4-stroke DS is going to rattle you a bit...
Japs make a smooth bike, not banking on the Chinese for that yet, there are some mods though... Good luck...

randy
08-02-2007, 12:54 AM
hi ambassidor, my hensim 150 is very smooth engine wise, but if i can get one a little smoother it will help a little. thanks, randy

NewEnglandTrails
08-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Im still waiting for a Algoreamabike..... thats green stickered.. But considering these dual sports already get 65+ miles per gallon, Im sure Al Gore would give the green light for these dual sports that have a small carbon footprint. He just has'nt got around to it yet..

NET

katoranger
08-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Welcome. I don't know which models a are legal in CA, but T-motorsport is based there. They sell grey-market lifan. Would need to check to see if they are getting the counter-balanced model.

Is is possibly to use some different grips?

Allen

randy
08-03-2007, 09:49 PM
katoranger
thanks for the reply but whats a grey-market lifan? is that a knock off. thanks

mrhyak
08-03-2007, 11:11 PM
katoranger
thanks for the reply but whats a grey-market lifan? is that a knock off. thanks

Here is the definition from Wikipedia;

"Grey market goods are not generally illegal. Instead, they are being sold outside of normal distribution channels by companies which may have no relationship with the producer of the goods. Frequently this form of parallel import occurs when the price of an item is significantly higher in one country than another. This situation commonly occurs with cigarettes and electronic equipment such as cameras. Entrepreneurs buy the product where it is available cheaply, often at retail but sometimes at wholesale, import it legally to the target market and sell it at a price which provides a profit but which is below the normal market price there."

randy
08-04-2007, 03:24 AM
hi mrhyak thanks for your reply and your time.

katoranger
08-04-2007, 09:09 PM
A bike sold as a lifan, but not from an Authorized American Lifan dealer is a grey market bike. Nothing wrong with them, but they usually don't have the warranty or parts support.

Allen