PDA

View Full Version : Skyteam CT70 Clone.... MC-34-125

KooKooBean
03-18-2015, 04:38 AM
Hi All,

I purchased a CT70 Clone from powersportsbest.com

Since I couldn't find any actual review on that particular bike and model name, purchased from "powersportsbest.com", I thought I'd do a proper review and report from START to FINISH, with photos and a video when the bike arrives.

The official model from their website is "MC-34-125" and its made by SKYTEAM. I did a bit of research and went with the Skyteam 125cc with the 4-speed manual gear.

Anyways, I purchased the bike on 09 March 2015 and the bike is still in transit. Its in New Orleans terminal (about 2 hours from my house). The freight / trucking company is called "Vision Express".

My initial transaction with "powersportsbest.com" has been quite smooth, professional, and satisfying.

I sent the payment online and the next day, they called me to reconfirm the order and delivery address.

Once I receive the bike, I'll take step-by-step documented photos and will share for those of you that are interested in these CT70 clone bike.

Below is the bike and color I purchased.

Until then........ take care.

Tim

KooKooBean
03-18-2015, 04:51 AM
I forgot to mention the price on powersportsbest.com was only $860 USD.

All the other websites are selling the exact same bike for $1,300 - $1,400.

I live in a unique place, so the shipping is kind of expensive, as I was already expecting. My shipping was $240 USD so the total prices is $1,100 USD. Really an excellent sale price.

Here is a photos of the price listed on their site. If you live closer to California, surely your shipping will be much cheaper.

Tim

KooKooBean
03-18-2015, 04:57 AM
Regarding the bike's actual color scheme..... I'm kind of doubtful that it will come, exactly as the photo shows.... i.e., Black wheels, Black exhaust, Black handlebars, Black forks, etc.

I hope it does, but I'm thinking its gonna come with the typical chromed out look, as I seen all the other bikes on the internet come that way.

Anyways, just something to take note on..... I'll find out soon enough.

Tim

Weldangrind
03-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Welcome, Tim!

Love your avatar; do you have an old bus?

I'm quite interested in following your posts on the CT70 clone; I think you made the right choice with a 125cc four speed.

culcune
03-18-2015, 11:16 PM
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1043945&page=2

This is member Bar None on advrider.com Skyteam (scroll to the bottom) in yellow. It is blacked out. Roketa's clones come with blacked out wheels and trim. I think your blue (you can ignore the question I asked you on advider since you answered it here) will be just as nice, but obviously not as bright! I like that blue since it obviously looks like an 'OG' HOnda CT70 from back in the days!

And welcome to here!

culcune
03-18-2015, 11:29 PM
I went to powersportsmax.com , and if you paid with a money order or cashier's check and got the $180 shipping, you can get this bike to your door for $1005.60--not bad at all!

My only problem would be figuring out which color to get--the yellow is bright and shiny. I like it as Bar None has one in yellow. The white one is not as vanilla as it would seem. The red one is nice, too. But the blue one, like you got, is very traditional 'Honda CT70' maybe circa 197X, and ripe for Honda stickers to look like you are riding an original one!?

I could eliminate black living in the desert and 6 or 11 months out of the year, it is HOT!

The blacked out wheels and trim make them all look great, especially the black one (I would consider the black one if I did not live in the deserts of Arizona)!

KooKooBean
03-22-2015, 11:54 PM
Hey Fellas, I received the bike and it's identical to the photo (Blue with Blacked out parts). The bike was already assembled and strapped to a pallet. The cardboard box wrapped around it sort of fell apart during transit I suppose.

Powersportsbest told me they would assemble the bike, test it, then ship it to me...... and it looks like they did, as it had a bit of gas in the fuel tank. I simply put the key in and it started right up with the slightest touch of the starter button. I'm really impressed with the Quality and details in the bike.

Still in the process of making my video for a product review. I'll post it shortly.

KooKooBean
03-23-2015, 12:00 AM
Welcome, Tim!

Love your avatar; do you have an old bus?

I'm quite interested in following your posts on the CT70 clone; I think you made the right choice with a 125cc four speed.

Hi Weldangring, Yes I have 3 vintage VWs. In fact, I dont have a modern car, I just drive my VWs, as daily drivers. Sort of a lifestyle for me. This CT70 clone fits right in with my rides.

culcune
03-23-2015, 12:13 AM
You can take your Skyteam with you on camping trips, I would think, inside the bus?

Adjuster
03-23-2015, 02:44 AM
Please make some videos of your bike and your VWs.

/

Weldangrind
03-23-2015, 12:00 PM
Hi Weldangring, Yes I have 3 vintage VWs. In fact, I dont have a modern car, I just drive my VWs, as daily drivers. Sort of a lifestyle for me. This CT70 clone fits right in with my rides.

Awesome! I'd love to see them; please feel free to start a thread on your old VW's.

I helped a buddy built a '58 23-window once, and it was a sweet old bus. He bought a rolling pan and a rebuilt motor (from separate sources), and we did everything. We installed a later big-nut trans, a complete wiring harness, an interior, new beltline stainless, everything. I even fabricated jail bars for the corner windows.

jjn
03-25-2015, 01:27 AM
Looking forward to your riding impressions etc. I am subscribed to this thread!!

KooKooBean
03-25-2015, 02:06 AM
Looking forward to your riding impressions etc. I am subscribed to this thread!!

I'm uploading a video review now on youtube. Will post the video after its done uploading. Are you looking to buy a Skyteam CT70 clone also?

KooKooBean
03-25-2015, 02:41 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKpRqSM75kI&feature=youtu.be

jjn
03-25-2015, 04:13 AM
I'm uploading a video review now on youtube. Will post the video after its done uploading. Are you looking to buy a Skyteam CT70 clone also?

Actually, I am thinking about it.

culcune
03-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the video--that bike looks 'natural' down there with all the trails around you! Ready for any adventure no matter which trail or road you head down. The blue with black looks great!! You other photos show the 'Honda' stickers on the bike already, and it looks like an original, through and through. I think the easiest modification for higher top speed, at least from Paul on the Facebook group, is a 17 tooth counter-sprocket. It looks like you have some smog stuff to remove, too for a little more speed. Keep the reviews coming, and thanks for the photos.

jjn--you know you want one!

KooKooBean
03-25-2015, 09:38 AM
I've got to find someone that can cut that catalytic convert out and reweld a another section of pipe on my exhaust.

I was amazed at what a big difference it made, by just putting on the Honda decals on the frame. Turned out nice.

SpudRider
03-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks for posting the excellent, informative video. :tup: If I were in the market for a CT70 clone, I would strongly consider this Skyteam motorcycle. :)

Weldangrind
03-25-2015, 11:00 PM
I've got to find someone that can cut that catalytic convert out and reweld a another section of pipe on my exhaust.

I was amazed at what a big difference it made, by just putting on the Honda decals on the frame. Turned out nice.

You might be able to find a complete exhaust for cheap that has no cat.

KooKooBean
04-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Yes, thats the route I decided to go. I've been searching online.

Barnone
12-16-2015, 09:13 AM
Mine is doing just fine.
I brought it to Florida for for the winter along with my Dong Fang hard tail and my Ural sidecar rig.

Barnone
12-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Yes, thats the route I decided to go. I've been searching online.
I don't think deleting the cat will make any difference in performance. All my bikes have the cats intact.
Took then off my Ural for a run up my test hill in the mountains and did not see any improvement. I then put them back on.

Weldangrind
12-16-2015, 11:13 AM
To maximize on the benefit, you'd need to rejet to compensate for the additional airflow. If your bike meets your needs with the cat, just enjoy it for what it is.

2LZ
12-16-2015, 11:17 AM
I don't think deleting the cat will make any difference in performance. All my bikes have the cats intact.
Took then off my Ural for a run up my test hill in the mountains and did not see any improvement. I then put them back on.

One more thing too. If your bike is equiped with an air injection to heat the cat (my Qlink has it), if you remove the cat and not the air injection plumbing, you'll cook your packing out of your muffler, muy pronto.

Weldangrind
12-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Likely with a big bang. I took a scooter around the block after removing a cat, and it sounded like a shotgun upon decelerating. Removing the air injection and installing a fatter slow and main jet solved it.

It went from about 28mph to over 45mph (indicated) with those changes. Not bad for a 50cc CVT hauling my carcass around.

culcune
12-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Mine is doing just fine.
I brought it to Florida for for the winter along with my Dong Fang hard tail and my Ural sidecar rig.

Glad to see you took a few bikes with you this year! Watch out for fellow snowbirds, however!!

ChinaATVMods
12-16-2015, 05:27 PM
They are no longer for sale with Powersportsbest. Skyteam is a great product, but cannot seem to keep a home for very long.

KooKooBean
12-16-2015, 09:51 PM
They are no longer for sale with Powersportsbest. Skyteam is a great product, but cannot seem to keep a home for very long.

The bike is still on their website. Under "Moped Scooters". Then click on 150cc. You'll see it there.

KooKooBean
12-16-2015, 10:03 PM

Raised the front fender to look more original. Also painted the exhaust heat shield with Silver/Aluminum color heat engine paint in a raffle can...from Walmart.

There was too much Black on the bike. Had to break it up a bit.

culcune
12-16-2015, 11:57 PM
The bike is still on their website. Under "Moped Scooters". Then click on 150cc. You'll see it there.

I saw that, and called Powersportsbest, and the sales guy said they are currently out of them even though they show them on their site. He did say they have the smaller monkey bike. I asked when they would get them, and he said ¨next year.¨ When I pressed further, he said that might mean January.

leadsleddriver
01-26-2016, 12:01 AM
KooKooBean,
Great review. I have been searching for a CT 70 clone to no avail and found this site and your post the same day!
Now if we can just get those Chinese to work a little faster.
Cheers. :thanks:

culcune
01-26-2016, 06:40 PM
I would contact Roketa and see which one of their dealers has them in stock (and mail orders if they are not local to you).

These guys used to have them and sell them for low cost, but it appears they only have the Z50 replica. If anyone will have them, it will be these guys.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/Motorcycle_s/136.htm

These guys have the Icebear version, which is a 3 speed semi-auto--supposed to be a decent bike from what I understand, but if you really want the 4-speed manual with clutch, this is not it.

http://www.motobuys.com/monkey-bikes.html

tortoise
01-26-2016, 06:54 PM
searching for a CT 70 clone to no avail

http://www.pitsterpro.com/bikes/list/cat/6

culcune
01-27-2016, 12:27 AM
http://www.pitsterpro.com/bikes/list/cat/6

Good call--I always forget about them. They are generally more expensive than the exact same bikes sold at discount like superiorpowersports, but the discounters sell out and the bikes are not available for months and months! Pitster should have some in stock, or at least their site states they have them.

T-Bolt USA show Pitster and Pirahna versions on their site--the Pitster version only seems to have the large wheels/tires.

http://tboltusa.com/store/pit-bikes-retro-minis-c-46_615.html

leadsleddriver
01-27-2016, 11:42 PM
Talked to powersports, nothing. Nothing enroute. Tbolt phone is disconnected. Another dealer out of business. Don't want semi-automatic.
Man I hate spending double what some are asking. Story of my life; day late, dollar short.
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

culcune
01-28-2016, 07:20 AM
For all it's worth, try Roketa directly. They won't sell to you directly, but could at least put you in touch with someone (possibly), or let you know when/if the next batch is coming. If you scroll down, they still show it on their site.

http://www.roketa.com/product/product_list.jsp?cateID=2628

leadsleddriver
01-28-2016, 12:15 PM
culcune, thanks brother! Just got off the phone with Roketa and they have nothing now or in the near future.
I appreciate your help. Maybe my fever will wear off in a few weeks.

culcune
01-29-2016, 07:13 PM
I happened to email Pitster Pro about their full-size enduro and the owner himself emailed me back with answers. In other words, email him and see if he can cut you a deal on the CT70 replica? Couldn't hurt!

contact@pitsterpro.com

culcune
01-29-2016, 09:09 PM
The original poster posted a link on the facebook group we are both part of to where he got his, but if I remember, I called these guys a couple months ago, and they were out of them, and had no idea when they are getting them in. I believe they are affiliated with Roketa (maybe their separate retail outlet?) or just coincidentally nearby Roketa's HQ, but call them and see if they have them in stock.

http://powersportsbest.com/moped-scooters/125cc-motorcycle-4-gear-engine-front-disc-rear-drum-brake-big-fuel-tank-big-tire-3-5-10in-electric-kick-start-new-body.html

leadsleddriver
01-30-2016, 12:28 AM
I happened to email Pitster Pro about their full-size enduro and the owner himself emailed me back with answers. In other words, email him and see if he can cut you a deal on the CT70 replica? Couldn't hurt!

contact@pitsterpro.com

Can't hurt to try. One for myself and one for my wife. Thanks again brother.

culcune
02-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Did you contact Pitster? Gary (the owner) has been very good at answering my questions about the XTR enduros they carry. I found out that they are sold as 'off-road' and their site does not publicize it, but they come with mirrors and turn-signals (the site mentions a headlight and taillight for off-roading longer hours, while the photo shows what looks like a streetable bike). I can plate one for Arizona.

The CT70 replicas are actually 50-state certified, so are good to go in California, as well as every other state. Let us know the answer (price).

leadsleddriver
02-06-2016, 01:18 AM
Yes I did send an email to Pitster and got a fast response. I inquired about purchasing 2 Classic 125/CT70's and they would be $1550 each delivered to FL.
One for myself and 1 for my wife. She was onboard thinking the price might be close to what the thread starter paid, and is still listed on that companies website; $899 plus delivery.
She might go for $24-2500, but not $3100.
Maybe I will win the lottery.

culcune
02-06-2016, 01:18 PM
That is too bad on the price. The only advantage I can see with the Pitster Skyteams is the fact that this batch of bikes is California-legal; I am of the belief that the Pitster bikes are from a few years back, in fact ('new, old stock')! I guess he knows that the big importer, Roketa, is out of them.

Since I go to the L.A. area several times a year, where my family live, I often look up the Craigslist ads, and find a few here and there, but even at $500 to $1k, I can't figure out a cheap way to bring one back (300 or so miles); my guess is you could try your local or not so local Craigslists.

Darkrider
10-04-2016, 04:01 AM
Bringing this back up from the dead, Wondering how the OP likes his. I may have a lead on one of the Pitster Pro Classic 125 versions here locally. It is small enough that i could probably get away with stashing it in the back of my Odyssey to go pick it up if it is still for sale when i get paid just after thanksgiving.

Weldangrind
10-04-2016, 10:54 AM
To my American friends, Darkrider means Canadian Thanksgiving, which is this weekend. :D

BlackBike
10-04-2016, 11:01 PM
To my American friends, Darkrider means Canadian Thanksgiving, which is this weekend. :D

Makes sense , thanksgiving before the cold death arrives.

Darkrider
10-05-2016, 02:02 AM
Welp i just missed out on that one...Oh well.

T America
08-25-2019, 10:20 AM
powersportsbest.com is not an active website, does anyone know where I can find one? Thank you.

Barnone
09-24-2019, 10:25 PM
I just ordered one here.
https://www.cajunmaddogs.com/product-page/champion-125cc-pbz125-2-1299?fbclid=IwAR1FpdadvKcs0bkQAwdUnwq50g5lQy351DQs ZStYbMfXGefMFJM5emXtB54
$1199 delivered. Mine should be here soon. I ordered the gray.
Need to order a 17 tooth front sprocket so I can pass the Harleys on the Dragon.LOL

Barnone
09-24-2019, 11:05 PM
Went over here
http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?7103-Honda-CT70-Clones
To reread all the CT70 clone posts. Ordered the 17 tooth front sprocket from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AVVXPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Barnone
10-01-2019, 08:21 AM
My CT70 clone was delivered yesterday afternoon and I am about finished putting her together. Easy to assemble. Should be riding her in a bit.

JerryHawk250
10-01-2019, 08:50 AM
Nice looking bike. :tup: That brings back some childhood memories. My cousin had two CT70's. I would piss him off when I past him with our mini bike with the 5hp B&S. :D

OneLeggedRider
10-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Nice looking bike. :tup: That brings back some childhood memories. My cousin had two CT70's. I would piss him off when I past him with our mini bike with the 5hp B&S. :D

Ha! The first bike I ever worked on and rode when I was 8. I spent the night at a fellow cub scout's house and his dad had bought a B+S minibike and just left it sit in the corner of the garage. I had seen my Dad get old tractors and mowers running by cleaning the carb, so I convinced Kevin we could get it going before his dad got home from work.

Mind you we thought we were performing open heart surgery and only had some brake cleaner in a can. But it worked, filled it with some fresh lawnmower gas (which was mixed) and she fired right up. We got to ride it for about an hour before his dad (a real prick) got home. He got outta the truck, cracked Kevin twice with his belt and made him put it back in the corner, and I had to sit on the porch until my mother could pick me up. I wasn't invited for anymore sleepovers at Kevin's. :hehe:

wedooit
10-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Nice bike!!!!

Barnone
10-01-2019, 11:14 PM
Looks like a good one is it the 2.4 or 5.0 litre tank. Looks to be a Sky team unit.

I had a gallon of gas in a can and used almost all of it to fill the tank.
Rode her today down my gravel driveway and gravel road and a bit of pavement and all is well. Need to get her registered before I venture too far. Small milk crate on the rack. ICE BEAR

Barnone
10-08-2019, 10:02 AM
Running just fine. Took off all the decals and lettering. Hooked up the trailer. Been pulling the trailer for over ten years by many of my bikes.

JerryHawk250
10-08-2019, 10:32 AM
:tup:Good move on removing the decal. That will kill the "What's and Ice Bear?" questions. You can get Honda decals fairly cheap. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CT70-KO-2pc-Black-Stripe-Main-Body-Frame-Decal-Sticker-Set-69-71/183778250184?fits=Model%3ACT70%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item2aca098dc8:g:yvAAAOSwL7VWsOqB

Barnone
10-08-2019, 10:49 AM
How about these? Never heard of a CT125 or a GT125.

JerryHawk250
10-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Neither have I. That would be correct though.

JerryHawk250
10-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Well I guess there was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1CKnxxXOcM

Barnone
10-08-2019, 12:36 PM
That would be a neat bike! Any clone?

franque
10-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Doubtful, but that's basically a one year only model in the US that they sold for years in AUS and NZ as an ag bike.

JWBuddy386
10-21-2019, 09:24 AM
I just bought mine from Cajun Maddog too. It was the LAST one in the country. You know all these places that sell them all get them drop shipped from ICE BEAR warehouses. What's the deal with the 17 tooth front sprocket? I assume it is larger and people are doing it for speed?

Barnone
10-21-2019, 12:13 PM
Looks like Honda may be bringing in the CT125 to the US soon.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/honda-ct125-trail-hunter.1408707/

Barnone
10-21-2019, 12:15 PM
I just bought mine from Cajun Maddog too. It was the LAST one in the country. You know all these places that sell them all get them drop shipped from ICE BEAR warehouses. What's the deal with the 17 tooth front sprocket? I assume it is larger and people are doing it for speed?
Usually I find the Chinese bikes to be geared low. Not sure about the Ice Bear 125 as I haven't ridden mine much. On my previous CT70 clone I put the 17 tooth on it.