PDA

View Full Version : Hard to find Neutral

Huck369
05-04-2015, 07:19 AM
Just a post for ideals about the hard to find neutral...

I changed out my initial break in oil this past weekend, and re-filled with some Valvoline 20W-50 motorcycle oil I always used in my Guzzi's, the the thicker oil makes it much easy to find neutral.....I guess it slows the gears in the transmission more, making it click into neutral easier....
Anyone else have any other ideas of fixes...post them up for everyone's benefit :)

SpudRider
05-04-2015, 08:56 AM
I use 15W/40 motor oil in all my motorcycles. I don't have any problems finding neutral. :tup:

I think it is also important to remove excess slack from the clutch cable. ;)

Weldangrind
05-04-2015, 12:37 PM
If you still have trouble finding neutral after adjusting the clutch, you can always try 15W40 synthetic.

AZRider
05-04-2015, 08:21 PM
I found that adjusting the clutch at the engine cable end produced the best results, but you have to keep an eye on cable stretch and fine tune the adjustment at the handlebar lever end.

fishman10
05-04-2015, 09:02 PM
i've also adjusted alot of the play outta my clutch ,after some initial stretching,, and now i can get nuetral pretty easy.. Thing i dont like, is the clutch engages way out at the end .Not sure if this is something that i can adjust out by using the bottom adjuster ..i much prefer the clutch starting to engage about half way out ,,hope that makes sense.

SpudRider
05-05-2015, 12:29 AM
i've also adjusted alot of the play outta my clutch ,after some initial stretching,, and now i can get nuetral pretty easy.. Thing i dont like, is the clutch engages way out at the end .Not sure if this is something that i can adjust out by using the bottom adjuster ..i much prefer the clutch starting to engage about half way out ,,hope that makes sense.

You won't be able to move the friction zone of the clutch with the either the bottom adjuster, or the top adjuster for the clutch cable. The location of the friction zone is determined by the length of the push rod which expands, and contracts the clutch discs. The clutch in my Zongshen Sierra 200, and the Yamaha TW200, have a provision for this adjustment. However, the Zongshen RX3 does not. ;)