PDA

View Full Version : Torque

dave92029
06-22-2015, 11:24 AM
I don't recall seeing how tight to torque the various bolts on the RX3.

Can someone remind where they are listed.

I have looked at the owners manual, and the excellent tutorials with excellent photos, but how tight is tight enough?

Thanks
Dave

SpudRider
06-22-2015, 05:39 PM
The CSC Owner's Manual on DVD contains the torque specifications for some bolts. Also, the Gas Gas Owner's Manual, et cetera, also contain torque specifications for other bolts. In addition, my Honda Service Manuals contain torque specifications for every size of bolt. These torque specifications are valid for every motorcycle, since the torque spec is based upon the size of the bolt.

I usually don't worry too much about torque specifications for smaller bolts. However, I am diligent to look for torque specs on cylinder head bolts, et cetera. ;) These torque specifications are available from the sources I listed above. Also, you can always call CSC to ask about the torque specification for any bolt.

Mudflap
06-22-2015, 06:35 PM
If in doubt, tighten until it snaps then back off half a turn.

ghcoe
06-22-2015, 09:51 PM
When in doubt I always use the reliable German torque spec, Gudentight!

SpudRider
06-23-2015, 02:44 AM
Page 7 of the CSC Owner's Manual lists torque specifications for some of the bolts which are tightened during assembly of the RX3.

Pages 16-19 of the Owner's Manual for the Gas Gas Cami EC 250 lists torque specifications for the engine bolts.

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals/download-ec_cami_2014_eng.pdf.html

Pages 31 and 34 of the Owner's Manual for the AJP PR5 also list some torque specifications. :)

http://motoajp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ajp_pr5_user_manual_en.pdf

pete
06-23-2015, 03:04 AM
Page 7 of the CSC Owner's Manual lists torque specifications for some of the bolts which are tightened during assembly of the RX3. Torque specifications for engine bolts are listed in the Gas Gas Cami 250 and AJP PR5 manuals.

GasGas use chinese motors ?.....
Pitty they are going bully up..filed for chapter 11....

Maybe Yamaha will buy them.... GasGas also use Yamaha
WR250f motors in there 250 six day & 300 six day..