PDA

View Full Version : where to start to fixing a stuck neutral light

xposur
06-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Hello, as some of you know I bought two of the new hawks. One of them has a neutral light that stays on in every gear. It happend after the first trail ride. I think it may bbe getting a comtinuety somewhere. Does anyone know if these bikes have a switch or relay for the neutral light anywhere such as inside the engine cover? I havnt followed the wire from the neutral light in the dash yet as its going to require a lot of taking apart to get into the harness. I would assume there is something lose behind that engine cover that is touching a ground and Making the neutral light always stay on.

Bruce's
06-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Not familiar with your bike at all ,but generally the neutral switch is located under the left side cover where the front sprocket is located .check to see if the wires are pinched where they exit the cover ,also check for proper connection on the switch .

xposur
06-25-2015, 09:10 AM
Thank you! I will check that area out.

xposur
07-05-2015, 10:47 PM
Well you were correct, found the problem,the wires we're pinched by the cover and creating continuety, so I isolated the wires and really routed them better. Problem fixed

Bruce's
07-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Pretty common unfortunately ,glad you figured it out .

SpudRider
07-06-2015, 02:34 AM
Yes, that happens a lot. ;) Good troubleshooting. :tup:

Weldangrind
07-06-2015, 11:48 AM
At least that part is quite inexpensive, should you need to replace it.