PDA

View Full Version : DF250RTC looking for wiring diagrams,manuals,info.

Mario e
07-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Im new here and have recently gotten a DF250RTC. The previous owner has done some work to it and Im looking for help. The start button/headlight/kill switch component has been replaced with a new factory part previous to my owning it. However, its miswired from factory and I need help getting it right. The original(which I dont have) was a 9pin plug with 8 wires in it and the new one is a 9pin plug with 9 wires in it amd an extra wire for the bright headlight. Can anyone help? Im also looking for any copies of manuals that I can get.

Weldangrind
07-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Welcome!

Is that the bike in your avatar?

Mario e
07-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Yes it is. I have plans to do some custom work on it for fun and buzz around Road Americs with it. But realistcally I'd really just like to get it out on the road first.

Weldangrind
07-08-2015, 11:33 AM
I don't have any experience with that bike, but I'm happy to try and help. Please explain the "start button/headlight/kill switch component" you speak of; is all of that on the right side of the handlebar?

Mario e
07-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Yes. It is the switching assembly that houses part of the throttle barrel. Im fairly sure that I figured out the starting control wiring, but Theres still lighting wires. Plus now Im having an issue getting it to stay running after its started.

Weldangrind
07-14-2015, 01:14 AM
The running issue is likely the carb. Have you dismantled and cleaned it?

Mario e
07-14-2015, 06:22 PM
I just startedvthat process today. Found some white crusty mess at the top of the smaller jet. Cleaned it. Still hit and miss. I'm hopeing I dont have to pull the entire carb to get it all out...

Weldangrind
07-15-2015, 12:46 AM
Sorry to say, yes you do. The only way to properly clean the carb is to remove and dismantle it. Ensure that the main jet and slow jet are perfectly clean, and shoot some carb cleaner through the passages. Please remember eye protection; it's nasty stuff under high pressure.