PDA

View Full Version : Madstad Windshield System

Huck369
07-24-2015, 08:17 AM
The new Madstad Windshield system I put on my RX-3, I designed the mounting plate, and worked with them on building the RX-3 System.
It's fully adjustable, can be raised 3", and tilted forward/backward.

It puts the wind up and over my helmet with no buffeting.....

And I still look over the windshield... :)

I've had their products on my old Vstrom, and have one on my NC700X, great product.
http://www.madstad.com/

rjmorel
07-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Nice , I have a Madstad on my Honda NC700x and like it pretty well. never thought of putting one on the RX3. rj

AZRider
07-24-2015, 01:23 PM
I had a Madstad on my original Spyder and it worked well. Will there be different sized shields available?

Huck369
07-24-2015, 01:58 PM
They have a variety of shapes and sized shields, the one on mine is a Narrow Adventure 18" tall shield....same shield I have on my NC700X

SpudRider
07-24-2015, 08:53 PM
That's a nice looking windshield, Huck. :) I'm glad to hear it performs well. :tup:

Did you trim and paint the stock windshield for the mount, or is the mount made of another material?

Huck369
07-24-2015, 10:24 PM
I'm an AutoCAD designer at a steel fab shop, so I drew up a mount and made it out of 16 gauge stainless steel...then painted it black....it bolts on where the original windshield went. I sent a copy of the mounting plate drawing to Madstad

SpudRider
07-24-2015, 11:22 PM
You do nice work, Huck. :) The mount, and the windshield look great. :tup:

detours
07-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Very nice! Is that the high position? Looks much taller than stock.

The stock windshield is pretty good, but dumps air on my shoulders. Not usually a problem except with one jacket. When the shoulder vents are open, it pulls against my neck.

Huck369
07-27-2015, 07:16 AM
Very nice! Is that the high position? Looks much taller than stock.

The stock windshield is pretty good, but dumps air on my shoulders. Not usually a problem except with one jacket. When the shoulder vents are open, it pulls against my neck.

Actually, that is the low position, I had them send me the windshield with no holes, and I drilled it where I wanted it upon fitting it....I look over it in this position, and I am very short waist-ed, it can be moved up so that I have to look thru it, but I prefer to look over it...it is taller than the stock one for sure.....The stock one works good, makes good smooth air, but hits me mid face, so can't ride with my shield flipped up, with the Madstad, I can ride with an open helmet, without the wind blast...the way I like it.

detours
08-27-2015, 07:29 PM
This is really cool. Do you know when it will be in production?

Huck369
08-27-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm not sure, but a call to Madstat might be all it takes, so give them a call to check on it...or I can maybe next week.