PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Croatia

dm.noiD
08-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Hi y'all!
I'm a former and future owner of Zongshen bike. My first enduro/DS was ZS125GY bought new from the local dealer. Rode it cca 4000km before i had to sell it because of getting a new job, less time for riding. Now, 3 years later i'm being all crazy getting one again (new job, new town). This time it's gonna be used 200gy-a. It was like normal step forward to me. I'll wait for the fall and the lower prices to get one.
Since I'm not much of a mechanic, i really need an advice of what and where to look when buying a mentioned used bike. Looking forward to reading from you guys!

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for bad english!

SpudRider
08-08-2015, 12:14 AM
Welcome; we are glad you joined us. :hi:

Your English is excellent, and much better than my Croatian. ;)

dm.noiD
08-08-2015, 04:44 AM
Hvala!
So many interesting texts here.

Weldangrind
08-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Welcome!

Will you have several 200's to choose from?

dm.noiD
08-11-2015, 01:35 AM
Thanks Weldangrind!
And yes, there's always few of them as I was looking past few weeks selling from about $US1000-1200. Bikes are a bit expensive here so that's another reason for buying a Zongie again.
There's even more gy-2's but i like more enduro look and both are of 11kW if that's right information i got.

rich_e
08-11-2015, 11:44 AM
I recently picked up three China bikes that were well used. The engines seem indestructible. All three started and ran after replacing various electronic components (CDI boxes, ignition coils, ignition switches and a stator in one case). One even had a hole in the stator cover and still ran.

Here's a short list of things I found wrong with the bikes I purchased:

Loose and broken spokes.
Side to side play, or movement, in the rear swingarm.
Loose or worn steering head bearings.
Missing nuts and bolts.
Loose or broken bolts on the rear sprocket, also worn rubber in the sprocket drive to hub connection.
Wheel bearings, excess movement (free play).
Broken muffler mountings, exhaust leaks at the cylinder head.
Switchgear for headlight and turn signals broken or not operating.
Ignition key switch not operating (broken internally)
Incorrect repair and replacement parts fitted. For example, one bike had the wrong front brake caliper fitted. Only one bolt was holding it one. The other bolt hole wouldn't line up.

dm.noiD
08-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Rich_e thanks a lot!
That's great list of thing to check when buying.
I will print this for sure.

Weldangrind
08-12-2015, 01:20 PM
I tend to find bikes in similar condition to what Rich found. I've had virtually identical lists.

dm.noiD
08-12-2015, 05:27 PM
My 1st bike was brand new and except for the cheap protective rubber and plastic being weathered, everything was quite good when i was selling the bike. Hopefully i'll get one like that too. But it's good to know where to look when time comes.
Btw, how much i a gallon of fuel in US? It's about $US5,5 here.

Weldangrind
08-13-2015, 01:24 PM
It depends on where you live in the US. I'm in Canada, but I'm very close to the US border. Gas just across the border is about $3.25 per US gallon, and it's over $5.00 per US gallon where I live. If you go towards Vancouver, it's closer to what you pay in Croatia.

bogieboy
08-13-2015, 02:30 PM
ouch weld!!!! and I thought the $2.80 I filled up with mid grade (89 octane rm/2 method) this morning was bad...

dm.noiD
08-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Tnx guys! We use 98octane fuel. That's about 93 by your measurings. Still, it's double your price.