PDA

View Full Version : Dash Warning lights

Huck369
08-14-2015, 08:42 AM
Anyone try to make the warning lights on the dash brighter, so they could actually be seen in the sunlight? :)

Inroads
08-14-2015, 10:40 AM
Maybe drill a hole with a small drill bit and then put clear tape over it ?
Yea it's a problem.

dave92029
08-14-2015, 11:20 AM
Idiot lights on the dash? Mine are only visible at night and I don't ride at night!

3banger
08-14-2015, 12:19 PM
I have found the dark smoke windscreen has helped some what. But yes they are not overly bright.

Huck369
08-14-2015, 01:20 PM
So no one has been inside the cluster yet, to see if brighter bulbs can be put in them....might be a winter project....

bogieboy
08-14-2015, 01:50 PM
I would recommend swapping for LEDs.... I did on my ke100 with a trailtech vapor dash and it made a big difference....

3banger
08-14-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm sure the LEDs. Take some photos if you choose to disassemble.

NoVa Rider
08-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Why you don't need to see the indicator lights:

You don't need the neutral light because the LCD display shows the gear position. and if its blank, you're in neutral.

You don't need the turn signal indicator because you can see the front signals flashing along the top edge of the fixtures.

You don't need the low fuel indicator because the LCD display flashes at the same time.

You don't need the oil pressure light because you've overfilled the engine with oil.

And you don't need the high beam indicator because your headlight switch contacts have given out and your headlight is off regardless of the switch position.

OK, apologies to RX3 fans on that last one.

Actually this raises a question. The red "engine" symbol is supposed to be an FI fault indicator. But it also seems to function as an oil pressure indicator. Is it both?

Regardless, I would like to be able to see the high beam indicator and the engine/oil pressure indicator in the daylight. The others are superfluous.

SpudRider
08-15-2015, 11:03 AM
Why you don't need to see the indicator lights:

...You don't need the oil pressure light because you've overfilled the engine with oil.

And you don't need the high beam indicator because your headlight switch contacts have given out and your headlight is off regardless of the switch position...

:lmao:

peperino
09-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Some dude here opened the instrument cluster and said he found smd leds inside, very hard to replace.

One thing I can't understand is.. when they developed the bike.. they didn't tested these issues? Or they don't even bother?

detours
09-11-2015, 10:06 AM
At least they aren't too bright at night. The high beam LED on my Vstrom actually hurts my eyes at night.

peperino
09-11-2015, 10:27 AM
I've found that blue lights are the most annoying.. yellows seems to be ok

SpudRider
09-11-2015, 12:45 PM
I have to say, I agree with the assessment of NoVa Rider in post #8. It would be nice if the lights were brighter, but I don't really need, or use them. ;) I love the large, analog tachometer, and the digital dashboard is easy to read under all light conditions. :) Despite a few minor flaws, I really like this digital dashboard. :tup:

rjmorel
09-11-2015, 01:06 PM
I agree with all the above. Maybe Zongshen can eliminate them on future bikes since they are redundant and replace them with the 12v and usb charger gizmos as stock equipment ???? rj.

detours
09-11-2015, 01:27 PM
I've found that blue lights are the most annoying.. yellows seems to be ok

I like yellow, green and orange at night, and red is annoying, but bright blue is the worst. Bad for night vision too.

AZRider
09-11-2015, 11:15 PM
The writer is well versed in the ways of the Zong, and has developed a modification that you may want to adopt.

http://www.rx3adventure.com/rx3_dashboard.html

peperino
09-11-2015, 11:17 PM
I don't like that. At all :)