PDA

View Full Version : A good value...

CSCDude
08-18-2015, 08:05 PM
Motorcycle.com knows a good thing when they see it!

http://www.motorcycle.com/features/best-value-motorcycle-of-2015.html (http://www.motorcycle.com/features/best-value-motorcycle-of-2015.html)

http://motorcycle.com.vsassets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/081715-mobo-2015-value-csc-cyclone-rx3-633x388.jpg

detours
08-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Congrats to CSC. It's well deserved!

SpudRider
08-18-2015, 11:06 PM
Congratulations; that is quite an honor. :clap:

Weldangrind
08-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Well done! It was a nice touch for them to provide a link to your site.

shammash55
08-19-2015, 09:24 AM
congrats.looking to be a future buyer

catseye
08-19-2015, 09:53 AM
I've been looking hard at that bike as well. Very nice.:tup:

Huck369
08-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Enjoying mine, definitely a great "Bang for your Buck" :)

SpudRider
08-19-2015, 12:03 PM
Congrats to CSC. It's well deserved!

Enjoying mine, definitely a great "Bang for your Buck" :)

I continue to be impressed with all the great, standard features of the Zongshen RX3. :)

U.S. Delphi Fuel Injected Engine
Water Cooled Engine with 2 Radiators, and 2 Radiator Fans
6-Speed Transmission
Superb Clutch
Excellent Headlight (with H4 bulb)
Engine Guards
Tall Windshield
Siemens Digital Dashboard
LED Turn Signals and Brake Light
4.2-Gallon (16-Liter) Fuel Tank
Locking Gas Cap
Integrated Luggage with Locks
Perimeter Engine Frame
Strong Sub-frame to Support Heavy Loads
Stainless Steel Exhaust Header
37mm USD Forks
Progressive Lower Shock Linkage
1-inch Fat Aluminum Handlebars
Skid Plate
Black Anodized Hubs
17-inch Rear Wheel with an Excellent Cushion Hub
Disc Brakes on Both Wheels
Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Hydraulic Brake Light Switch on Rear Wheel
110-Link, Size 520, O-Ring Drive Chain
Wide, Serrated Foot Pegs with Rubber Inserts for both Rider and Passenger
300-watt Stator Output
Deluxe Wiring Harness with two Fused, Switched, Auxillary Power Connections
2-Year Warranty for Parts
1-Year Warranty for Parts and Labor

http://svaomoto.ru/newspict/minsk1.jpg

detours
08-19-2015, 11:22 PM
Don't forget the shock with adjustable preload and rebound.

And it has an excellent dashboard too.

Analog tach
Digital speedo
Gear indicator
Engine temp gauge
Fuel gauge
Clock
Trip mileage meter
Neutral indicator
Turn signal indicator
Check engine light
High beam indicator
Fuel empty warning light

SpudRider
08-20-2015, 12:11 AM
Don't forget the shock with adjustable preload and rebound.

And it has an excellent dashboard too.

Analog tach
Digital speedo
Gear indicator
Engine temp gauge
Fuel gauge
Clock
Trip mileage meter
Neutral indicator
Turn signal indicator
Check engine light
High beam indicator
Fuel empty warning light

Indeed, I have the Siemens Digital Dashboard on my list. ;) Thanks for detailing all the nice features of the digital dashboard, and the analog tachometer.

Yes, the shock absorber has both preload and rebound damping adjustment. However, I consider the shock absorber the only marginal component on this motorcycle. Fortunately, it appears CSC might soon offer for sale an aftermarket, replacement shock absorber. :)

detours
08-20-2015, 12:20 PM
It's been mentioned before, but I also like how responsive Zongshen has been to customer feedback and how committed they are to improving this bike.

Several features in spud's list were improvements to CSC's production model that the demo bikes didn't have, which were provided at no additional cost.

17" rear wheel with cushion hub (up from 15")
300 watt alternator (up from 220)
Improved wiring harness with extra accessory plugs and handlebar switches
Regulator/rectifier moved from inside rear panel to behind the radiator fan
Stainless steel header pipe, rerouted higher
Relocated O2 sensor (less exposed)
Redesigned, split body panel for easier maintenance

Plus the optional factory 19" front wheel (a worthwhile $200 upgrade)

SpudRider
08-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Indeed, CSC offers excellent customer service which is not surpassed by the vendors of any Japanese or European motorcycle. The standard of customer service provided by CSC is absolutely unparalleled in the world of Chinese motorcycles. :tup:

CSC is doing a far better job with customer service than Zongshen America ever accomplished. ;) We are fortunate such a reputable company as CSC decided to import the Zongshen RX3 to North America. :)

rtking
08-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Indeed, CSC offers excellent customer service which is not surpassed by the vendors of any Japanese or European motorcycle. The standard of customer service provided by CSC is absolutely unparalleled in the world of Chinese motorcycles. :tup:

CSC is doing a far better job with customer service than Zongshen America ever accomplished. ;) We are fortunate that such a reputable company as CSC decided to import the Zongshen RX3 to North America. :)

A wise, former boss of mine once told me: "It doesn't matter how good a deal something is. If you can't get good support and service, it's not a good deal." The years since I worked for him, he's been absolutely right. Hence why the majority of computing machines in my house are Apple products... extremely reliable and when needed, excellent customer service.

I have a friend with a European brand that had driveline issues. The parts were specific for that one model year, so no used parts available. And getting new parts has been a 1.5 month wait. And the repair estimate is probably 60% of the RX-3's MSRP.

The RX-3 is a good deal. But CSC's extraordinary customer service makes the RX-3 a "Great Deal." I've read nothing but superlatives about the support and expediting of parts to people in need. Amazing. I'm not an owner (yet!) but the time they take to answer my many, many questions speaks volumes about their customer service model and business ethos. That, combined with the hard miles all have put on their bikes and the many miles Joe and company have put on the RX-3 have me sold on this bike.

detours
08-20-2015, 03:41 PM
I was reluctant to buy the RX3 sight unseen, but I did my research. I read countless reviews and forums about the M1nsk, the Honley and various South American versions of the RX3 that have been around for years, plus the amazing blog about riding a Zongshen RX3 on the Silk Road from China to Turkey. I also learned that the 250cc engine has been used in other bikes like the AJP-PR5, with great success.

Plus the fact that CSC has been in business with Zongshen for many years and has a great reputation for service in the US. The positive reviews and test rides by respected magazines in the US back it up.

And I haven't been disappointed.

rtking
08-21-2015, 07:03 PM
Well, I took a test ride on one today. The bike is surprising in that the torque curve is flat and broad. The Ninja 250R I test rode years ago was peaky in its power delivery. No power nor torque until 8,000 rpm and then it started accelerating. The RX-3 is very different and belies its 250cc displacement. I would call the RX-3's power delivery very "linear" and very usable.

Is the bike a good deal? Well, let me say that it is such a great deal that I made one my own today!

Adjuster
08-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Congrats on the new bike rtking!

/

SpudRider
08-22-2015, 12:50 AM
Welcome to The Cult of The Zong. :tup:

Resistance was futile. You have been assimilated. ;)

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq146/spudrider/20K%20Loop%20to%20Malad/Anim_resist.gif (http://s442.photobucket.com/user/spudrider/media/20K%20Loop%20to%20Malad/Anim_resist.gif.html)