PDA

View Full Version : BC Lower Mainland

molypod
10-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Hey all,

just bought a Lifan200GY-5 red.
My buddy just got one a few weeks ago and after riding it and knowing the price, I couldn't turn one down.. Best of all these bikes may be getting some of us back into riding that the $6000 for a Honda,Suzuki,Kawi ect may have held us back. I have been looking for an Enduro for a year or so but couldn't bring myself to spend $3000 on someone elses problems of a 10+ yr old bike.

gyjoe
10-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Welcome, Molypod! I get the feeling you won't be the last person who will spring for one of these after they get a chance to check one out. And then there are guys like me who had never seen one before but decided it was worth a shot, and have had no regrets!

culcune
10-29-2006, 12:58 AM
Welcome to the (dysfunctional) Chinese bike family. If you had posted on Thumpertalk, they would have told you (with an ignorant straight face) that buying that $3000 money pit is somehow a much smarter move than a $1000 Chinese bike. Of course, they don't tell you about the questionable or non-existing title which the owner insists is "just in a drawer somewhere" as well as the fact that the bike hasn't been currently registered for 15 or so years. Come to think of it, you would have to spring for the Baja enduro street kit for another $600 or so just to take it on the street. And then finally, they would tell you how buying the Chinese bike is just plain wrong because the Chinese are communists, but the Japanese, who dump auto product into N. America with impunity should be supported, despite the hundreds of thousands of jobs lost over the last several decades. (Plus the fact that the Chinese are taking jobs away...from the Japanese, and we are supposed to care about the Japanese in spite of what I just wrote about what their unfair trade practices did to our auto industry)

blimpman
10-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the (dysfunctional) Chinese bike family. If you had posted on Thumpertalk, they would have told you (with an ignorant straight face) that buying that $3000 money pit is somehow a much smarter move than a $1000 Chinese bike. Of course, they don't tell you about the questionable or non-existing title which the owner insists is "just in a drawer somewhere" as well as the fact that the bike hasn't been currently registered for 15 or so years. Come to think of it, you would have to spring for the Baja enduro street kit for another $600 or so just to take it on the street. And then finally, they would tell you how buying the Chinese bike is just plain wrong because the Chinese are communists, but the Japanese, who dump auto product into N. America with impunity should be supported, despite the hundreds of thousands of jobs lost over the last several decades. (Plus the fact that the Chinese are taking jobs away...from the Japanese, and we are supposed to care about the Japanese in spite of what I just wrote about what their unfair trade practices did to our auto industry)

+1 WORD !!!

molypod
10-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys,
I'm going to go pick up my bike on wednesday. It's going to take till them for the dealer to get the bike in, assemble it, have it inspected so I can register it and insure it. Once I get it home I'm looking forward to that first ride.
Any suggestions as to what to look/listen for during the ride and then after? I have read about going over every bolt to ckeck for tightness and possibly loctite them all?

Kevin
Married, 4 kids,
bikes I have owned.
RM50; CR80, CR125, Honda rebel250; and now the Lifan.