PDA

View Full Version : Interesting RX3 accessories from Thailand

detours
10-13-2015, 05:55 PM
One of the members of the Cyclone RX-3 Zongshen Owners Group (on Facebook) has designed some interesting accessories for the RX3 and is planning to sell internationally.

A lot of them are cosmetic, but I like the windshield. Depending on the shipping, it could be affordable.

Check out the pics here.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.546327025517487&type=1

SpudRider
10-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Thanks for posting the excellent link. :tup:

Danimal
10-16-2015, 10:11 AM
I sent a message to the guy for a windscreen yesterday, exactly as he asked, with no response yet

SpudRider
10-16-2015, 03:16 PM
I sent a message to the guy for a windscreen yesterday, exactly as he asked, with no response yet

There is a big time difference between the United States and Thailand. Also, the culture might be a little more leisurely. ;) If you wait a couple of days, he will probably reply. :)

Riceburner
10-16-2015, 06:33 PM

Seems odd, He's been responsive to my messages. I'm sure you'll hear from him :D.

detours
10-23-2015, 06:35 PM
So the guy got back to me yesterday and quoted me US$42 shipping plus $42 for the windscreen (https://www.facebook.com/groups/412630818887109/permalink/546327135517476/) and $24 for the tank grip pads (https://www.facebook.com/groups/412630818887109/permalink/545881462228710/).

He said he would ship today or tomorrow :tup:

Jay In Milpitas
10-24-2015, 12:57 AM
Seems odd, He's been responsive to my messages. I'm sure you'll hear from him :D.

Well sure, Robin. You guys are both on the other side of the date line.
He would have to respond to detours tomorrow for the message to get here yesterday.

SpudRider
10-24-2015, 01:45 AM
He would have to respond to detours tomorrow for the message to get here yesterday.

:hmm:

:hehe:

SpudRider
10-24-2015, 01:46 AM
So the guy got back to me yesterday and quoted me US$42 shipping plus $42 for the windscreen (https://www.facebook.com/groups/412630818887109/permalink/546327135517476/) and $24 for the tank grip pads (https://www.facebook.com/groups/412630818887109/permalink/545881462228710/).

He said he would ship today or tomorrow :tup:

Good for you. :tup: I knew he would reply. ;)

Please do post a review of the windshield after it arrives. :)

Adjuster
10-24-2015, 02:06 AM

This makes my head hurt.

/

Danimal
10-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Strange. He sent me an invoice finally just for a screen. The shipping was over 80 bucks!!
I asked him if that was a mistake and never heard back from him.

SpudRider
10-24-2015, 10:30 AM
Strange. He sent me an invoice finally just for a screen. The shipping was over 80 bucks!!

:hmm:

Weldangrind
10-24-2015, 01:15 PM

I think I've said this before, but thanks for joining us, Jay. :D

Riceburner
10-24-2015, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post:
"Well sure, Robin. You guys are both on the other side of the date line.
He would have to respond to detours tomorrow for the message to get here yesterday."

[QUOTE=Adjuster;195490]This makes my head hurt.

Jay In Milpitas, your right on the delivery concept, yes I live closer to him than you guys in the US of A's and so my emails get to him faster.

And just so Adjuster doesn't have to have his head hurt so much let me explain the thermodynamics of the situation...

It's been proven, in laboratory texts on small live animals that due to the winds and thermodynamics of the Northerly Asian Trade Winds, that the electrodes suspended in the plastic casing surrounding the Titanium wires on the underground sea floor cables are slowed down and become wiggly (that's a true scientific term for this phenomenon). It has further been proven that for those of you sending emails or other electronic transmissions East to West, in an endeavor to speed up such communications should always send them on Thursday's (true scientific fact) and preferably around 3:27 AM to take advantage of the least resistance and “wiggly factor” of the Transatlantic FedX deliver routes.

I had made the comment somewhere else on the Forum that I know stuff, lot's of stuff and even stuff that others don't know, the above is a case in pin-point of that.

I'm sure this explanation will assist all members in further communications, I'm happy to be of assistance when I can.

Your welcome.

Riceburner
10-24-2015, 05:21 PM
Oh, I almost forgot... :doh:

For people sending emails or other electronic communications to Asian Country's, it's the rainy and Typhoon season here, we just had another big Typhoon pass through early this week; thus your emails are experiencing greater headwinds and resistance, therefore increasing the heat build up and greater Ohm de-particularization.

Always try to send emails during the Asian dry season for greater speed and efficiency.

You welcome.

The Doctor's say I'm responding well to the new medication...

Jay In Milpitas
10-24-2015, 08:59 PM
It also helps to have your modem oriented properly.

When e-mailing less than 1/4th the circumference of the Earth, point the modem output towards West. Since the planet rotates from West to East, the message is travelling towards the oncoming destination, so travel time is reduced. This only works for e-mail going 50-60% of the way around the globe.

Less than 120 degrees Eastern, point modem output the other way. If for example you're in Brooklyn and sending to Wales, then turn your modem to output East and it will get there faster since that distance is so short.

Unfortunately that communication will fail simply because you won't be able to understand each other. Even Google Translate will say "Sorry, I got nothing."

SpudRider
10-24-2015, 09:39 PM
...The Doctor's say I'm responding well to the new medication...

:)

:crazy:

:hehe:

AZRider
10-24-2015, 11:05 PM
Robin,

Does your explanation mean that I have wasted my money on a Flux Capacitor? Maybe if I return it across the dateline, they won't even realize that they sold it to me and the transaction will no longer exist.

Adjuster, don't even try to follow this. :doh:

Adjuster
10-24-2015, 11:15 PM
:wtf:

;)

/

dave92029
10-25-2015, 11:51 AM
How is this screen different than the screen that was discussed in the previous topic "instrument cluster burning"?

detours
10-25-2015, 04:40 PM
It looks similar to the one in the other thread. It's 15 cm taller than stock, with a light smoke tint. I imagine I run a similar risk of melting my console, but I'm going to try it out.

Here's a pic of the actual windscreen. the seller shipped, compared with the clear one from the other thread.

Riceburner
10-26-2015, 07:24 PM
Robin,

Does your explanation mean that I have wasted my money on a Flux Capacitor? Maybe if I return it across the dateline, they won't even realize that they sold it to me and the transaction will no longer exist.

Adjuster, don't even try to follow this. :doh:

Yes, and I'm sure Jay In Milpitas will concur... you might be able to take advantage of some of his recommendations with the following, he obviously "knows stuff too"

"Rotation equation.
It also helps to have your modem oriented properly.

When e-mailing less than 1/4th the circumference of the Earth, point the modem output towards West. Since the planet rotates from West to East, the message is travelling towards the oncoming destination, so travel time is reduced. This only works for e-mail going 50-60% of the way around the globe.

Less than 120 degrees Eastern, point modem output the other way. If for example you're in Brooklyn and sending to Wales, then turn your modem to output East and it will get there faster since that distance is so short.

Unfortunately that communication will fail simply because you won't be able to understand each other. Even Google Translate will say "Sorry, I got nothing.""

Jay, your killing me, killing me man :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Riceburner
10-26-2015, 07:26 PM
It looks similar to the one in the other thread. It's 15 cm taller than stock, with a light smoke tint. I imagine I run a similar risk of melting my console, but I'm going to try it out.

Here's a pic of the actual windscreen. the seller shipped, compared with the clear one from the other thread.

I'm not usually found of tinted screens, do you find this to be acceptable for you? I'm considering purchasing one also, after I get all this tire and sprocket stuff out of the way.

detours
10-27-2015, 12:04 AM
I'm not usually found of tinted screens, do you find this to be acceptable for you? I'm considering purchasing one also, after I get all this tire and sprocket stuff out of the way.

I don't like dark screens either. But this seems like a nice light tint, and I was impressed with the fit and overall look of the screen from the pics I have seen.

It's going to be a while till I get it though. I just found out it will take 60 days to get here from Thailand.

The seller seems like a really nice guy. The package was barely over 2 kg, so he took the tank pads out of their package, which saved just enough weight to stay at the cheaper shopping rate.

winyoochanok
10-27-2015, 12:59 PM
http://www.mx7.com/i/73e/HYs1ZT.jpgStrange. He sent me an invoice finally just for a screen. The shipping was over 80 bucks!!

I'm not sure that anyone you refer to is whom but I'm not. :hmm:
I sent the invoice to only 2 customers. The first customer got an invoice, fast paid and I shipped to him already.And next second customer I sent an invoice to him (in the picture) He did not reply anything,I explain for all parts price by explicitly. I would do it with pleasure, the money is not mine, but I wanted to share the upgrade part to RX3 bike friend in the world,so proud for me.:)
Unfortunately, the postage from Thailand. The price is higher than other countries I was trying to lose weight and not taking advantage surcharges send expensive than the post office price charged.
And the messages sent in box of Facebook,some message was sent to the other box. Which I saw later or too late I must to say so sorry. Normally I will answer immediately.
But some things I read in the message of some member. It is not true, I did not understand that you want to inform negative? :ohno:

SpudRider
10-27-2015, 01:13 PM
WinYooChan,

Thanks for joining us. People can now contact you with personal messages sent via this website. :)

winyoochanok
10-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Yes,Sir. Everyone can contact me in Private Messages. :thanks:

Danimal
10-27-2015, 04:06 PM
http://www.mx7.com/i/73e/HYs1ZT.jpg

I'm not sure that anyone you refer to is whom but I'm not. :hmm:
I sent the invoice to only 2 customers. The first customer got an invoice, fast paid and I shipped to him already.And next second customer I sent an invoice to him (in the picture) He did not reply anything,I explain for all parts price by explicitly. I would do it with pleasure, the money is not mine, but I wanted to share the upgrade part to RX3 bike friend in the world,so proud for me.:)
Unfortunately, the postage from Thailand. The price is higher than other countries I was trying to lose weight and not taking advantage surcharges send expensive than the post office price charged.
And the messages sent in box of Facebook,some message was sent to the other box. Which I saw later or too late I must to say so sorry. Normally I will answer immediately.
But some things I read in the message of some member. It is not true, I did not understand that you want to inform negative? :ohno:

Not sure if it is a language thing, but I DID send you a message asking if the $80 shipping was correct
I really want to order JUST a windscreen. I also tried repeatedly to make that clear as well. Do not want to wait for the rubber blocks to be available.
I'm thrilled at your offering, but just wanted reasonable shipping costs. Another member here in the USA ordered one and his shipping was much less.

Dan

winyoochanok
10-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Yes,Dan may be a language thing, :hmm:
If you really want to order a windscreen.
The price is42USD+shipping costs is 42 USD for (real price). :tup:
If you confirm I will send a new invoice to you.
Thank you :thanks:
Winyoochanok

detours
10-27-2015, 08:08 PM
Welcome, Winyoochanok! You should create a thread with pics of your beautiful RX3!

winyoochanok
10-27-2015, 08:16 PM
I just new an invoice to you already.Now I have a vacation at Hua Hin. I can shipping to you on Friday. :)

Danimal
10-27-2015, 08:21 PM
I just new an invoice to you already.Now I have a vacation at Hua Hin. I can shipping to you on Friday. :)
Payment sent

Thanks for communicating clearly on the board here, and for offering the great looking windscreen

winyoochanok
10-27-2015, 08:42 PM
Super fast pay. :thanks:

SpudRider
10-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Dan,

I suggest you remove your email address from your post. Otherwise, the spambots might capture it, and bombard you with spam. :ohno:

Weldangrind
10-27-2015, 10:52 PM
Welcome, Winyoochanok! You should create a thread with pics of your beautiful RX3!

X2! Welcome! :hi:

detours
10-29-2015, 01:59 PM
I have to say I appreciate Winyoochanok's communication when ordering my windshield and tank pads. He sent pictures of everything ... the actual items, the shipping box and the postal receipts. It was a pleasure working with him. :tup:

Now I just have to wait for international shipping :zzz:

Danimal
11-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Wow wow wow.
Shipped on 10/28 from Thailand and at my door in Ohio today.
That's pretty incredible.
Looks great. Only thing standing out is that it appears to use only the 4 central bolts and is not drilled for the two outer ones.
Is this intentional?

detours
11-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Surprise, mine arrived today too! I took pics of my install and will upload tonight!

Danimal
11-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Went for a two tank trip yesterday including some off road stuff (had a pretty bad spill at around 25mph. Bent right crash cage pretty good, causing a crack by one mounting hole. Bent back. Seems ok for now)
The new windscreen is awesome. Much less buffeting at speed. The shape creates a much wider cocoon and the shoulders aren't getting blasted as much.
Makes for a much more enjoyable cockpit. Will post a few pics later.
Thanks for making such a nice product.

SpudRider
11-08-2015, 12:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your spill. I hope you didn't get injured. The crash bars are easy, and inexpensive to replace. Your body is an entirely different matter. ;)

Thanks for posting the positive review of your new windshield. :)

rtking
11-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Thanks Danimal. I am going to buy one also. I had a 119 mile ride yesterday at the RX3's top speeds most of the ride and came to a thought that my broad shoulders (to go along with my weight and waistline) may be hanging into the wind and the buffeting is causing some of the steering shake. In other words, it's self induced and has nothing to do with the bike. I hope to prove that theory with the new windshield to see if that reduces some of the buffeting.

The buffeting not withstanding, the RX3 handled my weight and 75-82 mph ride (GPS measured) without missing a beat. Really loving the bike!

Danimal
11-08-2015, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your spill. I hope you didn't get injured. The crash bars are easy, and inexpensive to replace. Your body is an entirely different matter. ;)

Thanks for posting the positive review of your new windshield. :)

Just sore today Spud. Thanks for worrying.
Flew about 6 ft and landed mid somersault. Was standing in a heartbeat.
Bike was on right side still in second gear wheel spinning madly. Used bar switch to kill lifted up and restarted right away. Didn't notice cage bent at first until I felt it touching right knee when seated.
Outside of gobs of dirt and weeds stuck in various places no apparent damage.
And at 1200 miles went to Rotella T syn. which I use on my other bike. Bike is running strong.

rtking
11-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Just sore today Spud. Thanks for worrying.
Flew about 6 ft and landed mid somersault. Was standing in a heartbeat.
Bike was on right side still in second gear wheel spinning madly. Used bar switch to kill lifted up and restarted right away. Didn't notice cage bent at first until I felt it touching right knee when seated.
Outside of gobs of dirt and weeds stuck in various places no apparent damage.
And at 1200 miles went to Rotella T syn. which I use on my other bike. Bike is running strong.

Geez Danimal - apologies. Read and responded to your post from a mobile phone and completely missed that you went off the bike. Sorry to hear, but glad that it's just soreness and nothing broken or torn. Hope the healing goes quick!

detours
11-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Sorry about your spill, but I'm glad the new screen is working out. I love mine and can't recommend it enough.

SpudRider
11-09-2015, 08:04 AM
Just sore today Spud. Thanks for worrying...

:tup:

Danimal
11-09-2015, 09:44 AM
even moar sore today. Hell I'm only 55 yrs old. Where is the healing power man?
The crash occurred because I got caught in some deep ruts I didn't see. As I was on a trail not familiar to me, probably shouldn't have been standing up tooling along in 2nd at 25mph. Front wheel in one line, rear in another...tried to cross over and front end went away.
I would venture to say that the stock screen is partly responsible for the "wobble" and excessive buffeting a few others have complained about. Whether it was the air pressure pulsing on the shoulders or whatever, the pressure produced by the new screen seems to provide a nice smooth and stable amount on the bike. I experienced none of the buffeting, even at higher speeds.
Some mentioned brake reservoir hitting. Yes, mine hits a little, as do my handguards at full lock.
I just trimmed some plastic from the handguards to eliminate that contact. The brake reservoir maybe fixed by rotating bars or brake lever a bit, but I LIKE where mine is set, so may just put up with a little contact.

Weldangrind
11-09-2015, 11:02 AM
Hell I'm only 55 yrs old.

Good attitude! :tup:

I hope you heal quickly.

SpudRider
11-09-2015, 02:35 PM
X2. :tup:

rtking
11-09-2015, 03:50 PM
X2. :tup:

x3 Great approach! And best thoughts to you on healing quickly. Sometimes when I have aches and pains, a little scotch goes a looong way. :hehe:

Heal quick and looking forward to hearing you mount-up again, Danimal!:tup:

ChopperCharles
11-03-2020, 01:13 AM
Is that windshield still available? Do you look through it or over it? I'm 5'9" and would prefer smoke, but not if I'll be looking through it at night. Regardless, I need something, I'm freezing!

Charles.

ChopperCharles
11-03-2020, 11:34 AM
Update, I got in contact with him over facebook, and he's making me a windshield!

Charles

JerryHawk250
11-03-2020, 11:45 AM
Glad to see you are already enjoying the new to you bike. :tup:

ChopperCharles
11-03-2020, 12:38 PM
Yeah, just did a bunch of work on it removing decals, modifying the locks so the key can be removed when the panniers are unlocked, adjusting the suspension, wiring in a cell phone charger, and ordering a myriad of parts. Including a connector I hope will match the one used by the charging accessories, behind the dash. Tonight I intend to pull the gauges apart and see if I can remove whatever it is that causes the indicator lights to be so dim.

Charles.

Charles.