PDA

View Full Version : Big squeak!

qwert
10-21-2015, 08:32 AM
Just got my bike back from a service and valve adjustment. All seems ok apart from two missing bolts on the radiators..! However its developed a loud and annoying squeaking sound whenever any load is placed on the main shock.
I assume the side panels, tank etc was off for the service, but does anyone have any idea where to begin looking at what to tighten/lube? It definitely didnt do this a few days ago. Thanks.

detours
10-21-2015, 08:06 PM
Can you clarify what service they did? Also, do you hear the squeak only when you sit on the seat or does it also happen when you push down the back end?

Adjuster
10-21-2015, 09:12 PM
My bike squeaked at the swing arm hinge bolt. Pulled it out and slathered it with both grease and anti seize and no more squeak. Not only that but the bike rode better I don't know if it was because the swing arm was smoother in movement or if it was because I got the swing arm back on nice and tight.

/

AZRider
10-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Check the drive chain for tension and alignment. Could it be rubbing against the guard?

qwert
10-22-2015, 11:24 AM
In the service they did the valves, new chain and sprockets. It's definitely not the chain. It's a very loud squeaking whenever I sit on it or lean it onto the side stand. Doesn't sound good at all.

detours
10-22-2015, 01:58 PM
I've never changed a chain, but did they remove the swingarm when they installed the chain? I would check and maybe grease the swingarm bolts as Adjuster suggested.

Also, I would check chain tension. If it's too tight after the install, sitting on the bike would pull the chain tight and put pressure on the sprockets. That could be your squeak.

Riceburner
10-22-2015, 09:19 PM
In the service they did the valves, new chain and sprockets. It's definitely not the chain. It's a very loud squeaking whenever I sit on it or lean it onto the side stand. Doesn't sound good at all.

I thought I'd made a comment but don't see it...

On my Yamaha YBR125G, at about 25,000 hard Km's I developed what you seem to describe. I don't see anything about mileage/Km's but I'd go with checking the swing arm bushing and bolt. Take that puppy out, clean it, lube it and stick it back in.

Might also check the shock mounts.