PDA

View Full Version : EFI idle screw

qwert
10-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Can anyone please tell me how to access the idle screw on the EFI version of RX3. I believe its been altered by the previous owner when I was under the impression the ECU should take control of the idle. Thanks

SpudRider
10-25-2015, 01:06 PM
I believe the screw is located on the stepper motor, which is located under the throttle body. However, I encourage you to call CSC, and talk to the Service Manager, Gerry. He will offer you the best advice for correcting this problem. ;)

Jay In Milpitas
10-25-2015, 07:17 PM
Can anyone please tell me how to access the idle screw on the EFI version of RX3. I believe its been altered by the previous owner when I was under the impression the ECU should take control of the idle. Thanks

What is your idle speed when warmed up? Why do you think it needs to be changed?

qwert
10-26-2015, 04:00 PM
I'd like to find it and make sure it's not been tampered with. According to another helpful UK rx3 owner these bikes were being set up to leave the dealership with a higher idle which led to problems. I'm currently having a stalling problem which may be linked. My idle starts high for a few seconds then settle about 1600. However after riding for a while it can go as low as 1400 and sounds like it's about to cut out. I'm also going to replace the battery and see what effect this has. Thanks

detours
10-26-2015, 05:53 PM
My idle seems happy at 1800 RPM, but it occasionally cuts out when I start out. I was thinking about going to 1900 RPM

SpudRider
10-26-2015, 06:36 PM
I'd like to find it and make sure it's not been tampered with. According to another helpful UK rx3 owner these bikes were being set up to leave the dealership with a higher idle which led to problems. I'm currently having a stalling problem which may be linked. My idle starts high for a few seconds then settle about 1600. However after riding for a while it can go as low as 1400 and sounds like it's about to cut out. I'm also going to replace the battery and see what effect this has. Thanks

I didn't realize you were from the U.K., since it isn't listed beneath your user name. ;)

Besides checking the battery, check the spark plug, and the spark plug wire connections. If you live near Katflap, have him hook his computer up to your ECU. ;)