PDA

View Full Version : Got my new bike! SUNL SLD-210

Masons247
08-20-2007, 01:49 AM
Hi. I am new to the China Riders forums. I have been browsing the forums for a while, and I just made an account. I have had 2 china bikes already. I have a SUNL dealer near my house (5 miles) so it is close if something goes wrong. My first bike was a SUNL 110cc dirt bike. It was a small pit bike which I quickly grew out of (I am 13). I just rescently moved up a grade. I got a 210.

I bought an SLD-210 a few days ago. I sold my 110 for $300 and bought this thing for $1000. It is about the size of my friends 125 yamaha. So far this thing is great. The only problem I have had so far is that the handlebars were extremely loose. I just got the tool from the tool set that was included with the bike and got it tight in 5 minutes flat.

This bike is alot harder to start than my old china bike. Is it because I am still breaking it in? Day one it seemed to start easy, and day 2, not so easy. The electric start will start it in around 10 seconds. Is this normal?

Thanks

Mason

latex
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
I would think that your starting issues are ok. My MX150 is difficult to start. I have to get off the bike and use my left foot because of the angle of the kick start. It is somewhat difficult to kick start. This may be a thing with the china bikes. My choke is critical as well. Good Luck.

Masons247
08-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks for replying. Its good that it is not just my bike. Hopefully it won't rain this weekend so I can take it in the woods.

Thanks again,

Mason

John22j
08-20-2007, 05:59 PM
If I was looking at the right page it seems like the SLD-210 is also a pit bike (with some pretty small tires) -- but they still can be lots of fun, and even take on some serious trails.... the manual clutch is nice, and I think it was a good upgrade decision for you.

10 seconds to start does not sound normal to me. I would think your bike should start within 3 to 5 kicks - I know if I don't have the choke on when my bike is cold it will give me fits... and give it a little gas if needed (but not wide open).

liverchip
08-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I agree with John. It should start easier than that. Sounds like you might need to tune the carb a bit. If you post a good photo of the carb someone might be able to offer some advice.

jenny
08-24-2007, 05:40 PM
I used to work for Sunl once apon a time I am curious how your bike is doing. Please let us all know.

Masons247
08-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Not as good as my first SUNL :?

Problems:

First day i dropped the bike and the brake bent. Just bent it back with plyers and its all good.

Popped out kickstarter to start the bike and it wouldn't go back in. Went to the dealer (5 miles away) and they had it fixed in a matter of minutes.

Kind of hard to start sometimes, other times easy as pie.

So, yeah.. It has its problems. But for $1000 I can't complain