PDA

View Full Version : FL Registration Oddity

jbfla
12-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Went to register the RX3 at the DMV yesterday (Hillsborough Co., FL).

Everything went smoothly, except for the extremely slow "trainee" that was entering data into the computer...she had to ask for assistance every step of the way.

I didn't need to bring the bike in to have the vin number verified as I had to do in the past with out of state purchases.

When everything was complete, I had a title, registration, and new license plate.

The oddity occurred when I notice on the title that the "make" of the motorcycle was listed as "GUAN".

I pointed out that on the Certificate of Origin and the page from the NADA book provided by CSC, the make was Zongshen/CSC.

A supervisor looked it up on their computer system again, and showed it to me. The listing only showed up as "Chonqing" with a "code" of GUAN.

They said it would be no problem if I should decide to sell the motorcycle in the future as long as the vin number matched.

jb

Weldangrind
12-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Glad to hear they sorted it out for you.

I always seem to get the trainee.

SpudRider
12-04-2015, 02:56 PM
As long as the VIN is correct on the title, you won't have any problems selling the bike in the future. :) However, why would you ever want to sell your Zongshen RX3? :hmm:

:hehe: