PDA

View Full Version : No spark problem fix

FLASHLIGHTBOY
12-04-2015, 02:19 PM
For most people with no spark and they are having problems finding the fix ... when it is not the plug or kill switches.. and the kill wire at the cdi is not the problem.... one big problem I have found and I work on these a lot... is the black and red wire for the COIL has a bad wire.... maybe half broke.. loose connection ... check out the wires on the cdi plug... do a PULL TEST and make sure they are in the connector really good.. a lot of the time the wires are frayed.. and maybe only a couple of strands connected to the brass connection... this will not carry enough power to the coil.... it will check ok with the ohm meter and cause you to f go nuts... I have found this many times.. I just wasted a couple of hours checking out a motor with NO SPARK because I overlooked it.. I thought its ok,.... once I pushed the wire in it gave me spark... pulled it alittle and no spark... so I replaced the connector.. I had spark.... so check out those wires,,,, the RED & BLACK WIRE....

Mudflap
12-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Good tip. I found a wire pulled loose inside the wiring harness where it connects to another wire on my Zonketa, but it was just the neutral light wire. Took a bit of time peeling back the wrapping to track it down.