PDA

View Full Version : 2016 RX-3 is here.....

superdude
12-09-2015, 03:39 PM
We finally have the details...

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19136

Danimal
12-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Wonder what the improved forks will run.
Also wonder if the new bars are different dimensions.

SpudRider
12-09-2015, 04:28 PM
There are no blue bikes next year. Blue has been replaced by silver, and the new Sahara Orange is darker than the 2015 orange color. ;)

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/141209_9848-650.jpg

Also, the price of the 2016 bikes has risen $400 to $3,895. I'm glad I bought my RX3 for the early adopter price of $2,895, which is $1,000 less than the price of the 2016 model. :)

detours
12-09-2015, 05:12 PM
I'm glad I got the intro price too. Those adjustable forks will be a nice upgrade tho. And I like the new painted fairing behind the logo. Very nice!

RedSpruce
12-09-2015, 08:06 PM
I really like the new colors and paint scheme. They will grab a lot of folks attention.

They are still a great price even with the increase.

rtking
12-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Agreed with RedSpruce - still a great deal at the $3,895 price. And you get the adjustable forks and new paint scheme at that price.

The funny thing is that I learned long ago that price is only one part of the equation. Service is the other part. Getting a great deal on something where you can't get any support or parts is a false economy. (I learned that with a few failed tablets/computers and a couple of cars.)

The service and support you get from CSC makes the bike a bargain at just about any price. (And that all parts are in stock and shipped fast is a huge bonus.) I am extremely pleased with the service and support from CSC, which makes me an extremely satisfied owner. And, of course, all the great contribution and support from this website from everyone, especially Spud!

2LZ
12-10-2015, 10:37 AM
The funny thing is that I learned long ago that price is only one part of the equation. Service is the other part. Getting a great deal on something where you can't get any support or parts is a false economy. (I learned that with a few failed tablets/computers and a couple of cars.)

So true. We used to tell difficult clients this all the time. "There's the best price, the best service and the best product. Which two would you like?"

I'm really supprised they dumped the blue color. It was really a nice blue. Maybe it's not an ADV bike color???

Weldangrind
12-10-2015, 11:48 AM
It looks like the speed decals are gone.

keithmaine
12-10-2015, 12:27 PM

They are gone on my 2015 :D after the hair dryer :lmao:

detours
12-10-2015, 04:39 PM

I won't miss the speed decals (mine are long gone). I know it was just a sticker, but it just wasn't classy ... like if the RX3 came with sparkly tassels in the bar ends.

Sure you can just remove them, but it gives the impression that Zongshen doesn't take its own bike seriously. And it doesn't reassure a buyer that it's worth a second look ... even though this bike definitely is.

rjmorel
12-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Agreed ,scrape the stickers, add rear case reflectors. Way more better, rj

SpudRider
12-10-2015, 05:17 PM
I won't miss the speed decals (mine are long gone). I know it was just a sticker, but it just wasn't classy ... like if the RX3 came with sparkly tassels in the bar ends...

:lmao:

3banger
12-10-2015, 06:20 PM
I might be the only one enjoys the irony of the speed decals; mine will stay! I've even been known to put pink sparkly handle bar tassles on my sport bike before a track day.

SpudRider
12-10-2015, 08:43 PM
...I've even been known to put pink sparkly handle bar tassles on my sport bike before a track day.

Okayyyyyyy...:hmm:

:hehe:

mckayprod
12-11-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm looking forward to a review of the bar end weights...maybe they'll clear up the right side mirror. Also, those of us who kept the "speed" stickers will now have collectors items?

SpudRider
12-11-2015, 11:40 PM
I'm looking forward to a review of the bar end weights...maybe they'll clear up the right side mirror. Also, those of us who kept the "speed" stickers will now have collectors items?

No, you can buy the 'speed' stickers at Taobao. ;)

:hehe:

winyoochanok
12-12-2015, 01:34 AM
Looklike
http://www.mx7.com/i/41e/BsoYdB.jpg

SpudRider
12-12-2015, 02:27 AM
Looklike

I agree. :) I think CSC decided to copy your paint scheme. I stated so in the following thread. ;)

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15640

NoVa Rider
12-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Since the 2016 RX3 will have adjustable front forks, I'll be interested whether a few parts might be swapped to retrofit the 2015 forks. If so, I could see CSC doing good business selling kits and posting a tutorial.

But if the swap involves major components, probably just easier to buy the new forks, or tune the old forks with oil and possibly spring adjustments.

SpudRider
12-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Since the 2016 RX3 will have adjustable front forks, I'll be interested whether a few parts might be swapped to retrofit the 2015 forks. If so, I could see CSC doing good business selling kits and posting a tutorial.

But if the swap involves major components, probably just easier to buy the new forks, or tune the old forks with oil and possibly spring adjustments.

Indeed, I am anxious to hear more about the internal design of the new forks. Lacking such information, I am inclined to believe the most improvement will result from stiffer springs, and the usual change to a heavier fork oil.

detours
01-22-2016, 05:22 PM
Check out this pic from the CSC blog. That's one beautiful bike. I love the look of the anodized forks!

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG_5967-650.jpg

They'll have damping adjustment too. I wonder if I would be better off adjusting my 2015 fork to match my new progressive shock ... or get the 2016 ...

Daeouse
01-22-2016, 05:26 PM
Damn good look, I'd say!

tinman tim
01-22-2016, 08:30 PM
Those bikes show they're headed to CSC (badging), as well they are stickered with "adventure" on the tank.

I'll remove the "speed" and replace with that if I can

SpudRider
01-22-2016, 08:45 PM
Check out this pic from the CSC blog. That's one beautiful bike. I love the look of the anodized forks!

They'll have damping adjustment too. I wonder if I would be better off adjusting my 2015 fork to match my new progressive shock ... or get the 2016 ...

In the past, the gold anodized forks have faded with exposure to sunlight. I hope that problem has been fixed.

The damping adjustment for the forks is a nice addition. :) However, I think if you choose the correct fork oil, the old forks will perform as well. My forks work very well with 330ml of Mobil1 Synthetic ATF. :tup:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14672

SpudRider
01-22-2016, 08:46 PM
Here is a row of Sahara Orange bikes fresh off the assembly line. :tup:

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG_5964-650.jpg

SpudRider
01-22-2016, 09:01 PM
Those bikes show they're headed to CSC (badging), as well they are stickered with "adventure" on the tank.

I'll remove the "speed" and replace with that if I can

The 'Adventure' sticker is much nicer than the 'Speed' sticker. :) However, I like the appearance of the RX3 without any sticker. ;)

woodlandsprite
01-23-2016, 01:18 PM
I'm looking forward to a review of the bar end weights...maybe they'll clear up the right side mirror.
I have bar end weights on my bike (installed when I installed my handguards) - and they do not clear up the mirrors - my mirrors still buzz a bit at certain speeds, making it difficult to tell what I'm seeing in them.

CSaddict
01-28-2016, 07:31 AM
Anyone have any insider info on an approximate ETA to customers? I wonder how long it takes CSC to receive, set up and ship?

SpudRider
01-28-2016, 11:00 PM
Anyone have any insider info on an approximate ETA to customers? I wonder how long it takes CSC to receive, set up and ship?

Last year the dockworkers were on strike while we awaited the arrival of the first shipment of RX3 bikes. After the cargo ship arrived in Long Beach, it was moored outside the harbor for quite a while before it was allowed to berth. :wtf: Then we needed to wait for the backlog of cargo to clear customs, et cetera. Things should move along much more smoothly this year. ;) Once the bikes clear customs, CSC works diligently to get them shipped as quickly as possible. :)

Silversprint
01-29-2016, 01:21 PM

I have ordered a Silver one and CSC said they should have them around Feb 9.

SpudRider
01-29-2016, 09:22 PM
I have ordered a Silver one and CSC said they should have them around Feb 9.

Welcome; we are glad you joined us. :hi:

Congratulations, and welcome to The Cult of The Zong. :tup: You must be one of the first Canadians who will receive a Zongshen RX3. :)

Silversprint
01-29-2016, 11:01 PM

Congratulations, and welcome to The Cult of The Zong. :tup: You must be one of the first Canadians who will receive a Zongshen RX3. :)

I haven't seen any other Canadian purchase so far. I have read every post on this site and pretty much every other I can find. I am impressed enough to purchase sight unseen. Looking forward to arrival.

rideabout
01-30-2016, 10:30 PM
I received an email from csc today (on a Saturday!) that the shipment of 2016 rx3's is due at the harbor on the 9th or 10th and arriving at the shop a couple days after that. I ordered the Sahara orange, explorer package, skid plate and heated grips. I just joined the forum today and hope to meet and ride with some of you sometime. I live in San Jose, but i'm itching for an Alaskan road trip, anyone wanna come? Cheers!

SpudRider
01-31-2016, 01:41 AM
Welcome, and congratulations. :tup: We are glad you joined us. :)

CSaddict
01-31-2016, 03:19 PM
That's odd I didn't receive any email....

Aleong1967
01-31-2016, 03:25 PM
I did not get a email either
Hmmm

Weldangrind
02-01-2016, 10:41 AM
I haven't seen any other Canadian purchase so far. I have read every post on this site and pretty much every other I can find. I am impressed enough to purchase sight unseen. Looking forward to arrival.

Welcome, fellow Canuck! I think you're the first Canadian to order a CSC bike.

SpudRider
02-01-2016, 01:48 PM

Silversprint is located just a little north of Victoria, BC. You guys might be able to meet up, and you can get a look at his RX3, Weld. ;)

rideabout
02-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear.... csc replied to my email regarding the estimated shipping date.

rickosuave1987
02-02-2016, 02:27 PM
From the CSC Facebook Page:

CSC Motorcycles They arrive LA port Feb 9. We expect them here by the 15th.

Silversprint
02-02-2016, 08:58 PM

I figured it was about time we got on board. We take a heck of a hit on the exchange but I think it is still a pretty good deal.

Jay In Milpitas
02-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear.... csc replied to my email regarding the estimated shipping date.

Hey rideabout, I sent you a PM the other day.

Weldangrind
02-03-2016, 10:37 AM
I figured it was about time we got on board. We take a heck of a hit on the exchange but I think it is still a pretty good deal.

It sure is. It'll be the perfect bike for tooling around Salt Spring, and for running errands to Victoria or Nanaimo. Cheaper on the ferry than a car, that's for sure.

Jay In Milpitas
02-03-2016, 08:47 PM

Since you brought it up, Silversprint, how does the Canadian price of the RX3 compare to other 250's from major brands? If I go to the sites for Honda et al, it only gives me USA MSRP.

SpudRider
02-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Since you brought it up, Silversprint, how does the Canadian price of the RX3 compare to other 250's from major brands? If I go to the sites for Honda et al, it only gives me USA MSRP.

Here is the CRF250L webpage from Honda Canada. :)

http://motorcycle.honda.ca/model/dirtbikes/dualsport/crf250l

Silversprint
02-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Here is the CRF250L webpage from Honda Canada. :)

http://motorcycle.honda.ca/model/dirtbikes/dualsport/crf250l

That works out to $3,825 USD for the bare bones honda.

SpudRider
02-03-2016, 11:41 PM
That works out to $3,825 USD for the bare bones honda.

That's a good price for a new, Honda CRF250L. The Honda U.S. website lists the MSRP as $4,999 USD. ;)

http://powersports.honda.com/2016/crf250l/street.aspx

Weldangrind
02-04-2016, 10:50 AM
I'm surprised that more US citizens don't buy in Canada when our dollar is low. When our dollar is high, we certainly shop in the US.

detours
02-04-2016, 11:09 AM
But if a US citizen buys a vehicle in Canada to bring to the US, don't we have to pay a bunch of import duties and taxes? Seems like a lot of hassle.

Weldangrind
02-04-2016, 11:25 AM
It might depend on the specific State that the bike is imported into. In Canada, it is Federally regulated, so we have a flat fee that includes the cost of an inspection (although that is primarily on used vehicles). There is a terrific savings for us when our dollar is strong, and the vehicle is at least a few years old.

base587
02-04-2016, 02:18 PM

I live in Alberta and ordered a 2016 but I'm getting it delivered to my work in Washington state :tup:

SpudRider
02-04-2016, 06:09 PM
I live in Alberta and ordered a 2016 but I'm getting it delivered to my work in Washington state :tup:

Congratulations on ordering your CSC Cyclone RX3. :tup:

Weldangrind
02-05-2016, 11:32 AM

Welcome! Please tell us how that goes for you. I've considered doing the same thing, since I live just North of Bellingham.

Where do you live? I grew up in Sherwood Park.

SpudRider
02-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Welcome! Please tell us how that goes for you. I've considered doing the same thing, since I live just North of Bellingham.

If you purchase an RX3, we can do one of the Backcountry Discover Routes (BDRs) this summer. :)

base587
02-06-2016, 01:37 PM

Congratulations on ordering your CSC Cyclone RX3. :tup:

I originally purchased a TT for the price then I read all the great reviews on the RX3 I changed my order. I've had many bikes in the past; including a '01 XR650L and a '09 KLR650. I'm looking forward to getting back to riding again! Thank you Spud for running such a friendly and informative forum.

base587
02-06-2016, 01:41 PM

Weldangrind, I live in Lethbridge right now. I'll probably be keeping my bike in the Chelan area for the summer to explore the Cascades backroads.

base587
02-06-2016, 01:43 PM
If you purchase an RX3, we can do one of the Backcountry Discover Routes (BDRs) this summer. :)

I didn't know what a BDR was, but just looked it up. The Washington route passes right by where I work in the northern Cascades :tup:

SpudRider
02-06-2016, 03:52 PM
I didn't know what a BDR was, but just looked it up. The Washington route passes right by where I work in the northern Cascades :tup:

Here is a link to the official BDR web page.

http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/

If God is willing, I plan to ride the Idaho BDR this summer. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijrjy6EjOkM

superdude
02-06-2016, 11:11 PM

Base587 theres about 6 RX-3s already planning on doing the WABDR sometime this summer. Probably will get more by time summer comes around even. Planning out details right now. If you want, take a look at joining CSC Motorycle Owners Group on facebook and you can follow updates.

Weldangrind
02-07-2016, 09:53 PM

I'd love to participate with either Lifanda or my TW.

Weldangrind
02-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Weldangrind, I live in Lethbridge right now. I'll probably be keeping my bike in the Chelan area for the summer to explore the Cascades backroads.

One of my favourite lines is "I lived in Lethbridge for years, and when I left, I stood up straight and found that I was six feet tall!"

:D

Weldangrind
02-07-2016, 09:56 PM

The WABDR starts near Osoyoos, BC. I'd love to ride the whole deal to Oregon, and beyond.

yvrGY200
02-07-2016, 11:24 PM
I'm surprised that more US citizens don't buy in Canada when our dollar is low. When our dollar is high, we certainly shop in the US.

US citizens can not buy a Honda from Canada and bring to States. Last month I sold my 2015 Honda Grom to some guy in Washington. Even the decal say it meets USA Emissions etc. They must have a decal saying it meets USA DOT. The buyer tried everything from contacting Honda etc still no go. Honda will not issue a DOT decal. If they did lots of people will come across to buy. We can buy from States no problem. Just make sure is on the RIV.ca list.

base587
02-08-2016, 06:17 PM
One of my favourite lines is "I lived in Lethbridge for years, and when I left, I stood up straight and found that I was six feet tall!"

:D

It does get a little breezy at times!