PDA

View Full Version : Zongshen RX3 vs Honda CB500X

bountybuddy
12-12-2015, 08:44 AM
When I first saw the Honda CB500X I really wanted one and was ready to buy one after winter passes. Then I came across the Zongshen RX3 and started learning about. After seeing the video 5000 Miles At 8000 RPM I was sold on it and wanted to buy one. I have ordered the book. I have not ridden either of these motorcycles. I have not even sat on either of them. It may not be fair to compare a 250cc motorcycle to a 500cc motorcycle, but from what I have seen and read about the RX3 it will hold it's own against the CB500X. If you have any thoughts on the comparison of the RX3 and the CB500X please share them with me. I'm anxious to see what you have to say about this. Ride safe my friends.

SpudRider
12-12-2015, 09:56 AM
I moved your thread to the RX3 Forum, where it will get greater exposure, and more replies. :)

The Honda CB500X is a very nice motorcycle. If you primarily want to ride on pavement, this bike is a good choice. However, even with the current $700 rebate, the $6,299 MSRP of the CB500X is much more expensive than the Zongshen RX3, and the CB500X doesn't have all the standard equipment included with the RX3. ;) In addition, the CB500X is much heavier, even in stock form, and it doesn't have the suspension, or the off road capabilities of the RX3. Furthermore, the Zongshen RX3 will have a much lower cost of ownership.

The answer for me is simple. I would much rather own a Zongshen RX3 than Honda CB500X. ;)

detours
12-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Here's a good video review of the CB500X - http://www.motogeo.com/honda-cb500x-review/

I have not ridden the CB500X, but it has an advantage at highway speeds. But the RX3 has a lower seat, better ground clearance, more suspension travel, larger 18" front wheel (or optional 19"), spoked wheels and 70 mpg.

The RX3 is also 50 lbs lighter, fully equipped ... 100 lbs lighter if you remove the luggage and bars. Aftermarket accessories and parts for the RX3 will generally be cheaper than the Honda too. And CSC's service is consistently exceptional.

The RX3 has a few shortcomings that are easily addressed with inexpensive parts like sprockets, fork oil and a 55W headlight.

Overall, if someone were to give me a CB500X or an RX3 for free, I would still choose the RX3. It better matches the riding I want to do.

NoVa Rider
12-12-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm a big fan of the CB500X just based on reviews and comments from owners. Haven't actually ridden one myself. That said, if I only could have one bike, I would seriously look for a CB500X at either a discount from a dealer or low mileage used. I think its a better all-round bike. More highway capability, more comfort, and more refinement.

Since I have another mid-sized Honda that is great on longer freeway trips, I have that part of the equation covered. I also have an older sportbike. My RX3 does everything else and its my most-used machine. Its fun to ride, great economy, easy to work on and farkle, and its a hoot being a part of the RX3 Club.

But my RX3 would leave me wanting more if it were my only bike. Again, if I could only have one bike, I'd go for the CB500X.

SpudRider
12-12-2015, 03:45 PM
Here's a good video review of the CB500X - http://www.motogeo.com/honda-cb500x-review/

I have not ridden the CB500X, but it has an advantage at highway speeds. But the RX3 has a lower seat, better ground clearance, more suspension travel, larger 18" front wheel (or optional 19"), spoked wheels and 70 mpg.

The RX3 is also 50 lbs lighter, fully equipped ... 100 lbs lighter if you remove the luggage and bars. Aftermarket accessories and parts for the RX3 will generally be cheaper than the Honda too. And CSC's service is consistently exceptional.

The RX3 has a few shortcomings that are easily addressed with inexpensive parts like sprockets, fork oil and a 55W headlight.

Overall, if someone were to give me a CB500X or an RX3 for free, I would still choose the RX3. It better matches the riding I want to do.

As always, thanks for you considered, thoughtful input. Also, thanks for posting the link to the video review of the CB500X. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuEsZ9FlJLw

SpudRider
12-12-2015, 04:09 PM
I'm a big fan of the CB500X just based on reviews and comments from owners. Haven't actually ridden one myself. That said, if I only could have one bike, I would seriously look for a CB500X at either a discount from a dealer or low mileage used. I think its a better all-round bike. More highway capability, more comfort, and more refinement.

Since I have another mid-sized Honda that is great on longer freeway trips, I have that part of the equation covered. I also have an older sportbike. My RX3 does everything else and its my most-used machine. Its fun to ride, great economy, easy to work on and farkle, and its a hoot being a part of the RX3 Club.

But my RX3 would leave me wanting more if it were my only bike. Again, if I could only have one bike, I'd go for the CB500X.

Thanks for sharing your detailed, helpful reply, NoVa. :) Indeed, if someone wants to ride primarily on pavement, with a few gravel roads added to the mix, the CB500X is an excellent choice. :tup:

However, I enjoy riding off road too much. I wouldn't want to be limited to one motorcycle, but if I were, I couldn't give up the versatility of a dirt bike, or dual sport motorcycle. If I had to pare down my current stable of motorcycles, I would keep my street legal, Honda CRF250X. My next choice would be my Honda XR650L.

If I sold all my current motorcycles, and I were buying another new bike, I would probably choose a Honda CRF450X, as the best compromise between the two Hondas I currently own. The Zongshen RX3 is the farthest compromise I am willing to make for comfort on the pavement, at the expense of off road capability. Therefore, it's my bias toward off road riding which leads me to prefer the Zongshen RX3 over the Honda CB500X. ;)

katflap
12-12-2015, 06:25 PM
A bit off topic, sorry,
Here's 2 500cc bikes i stumbled across from Benelli 2016

Pretty cool i thought :)

http://bikes.motobank.co.uk/2016/Benelli/TRK_502/White.jpg

http://www.benelli.co.uk/new-bike-detail/?slug=Benelli-TREK-502-2016

http://bikes.motobank.co.uk/2016/Benelli/Leoncino/Red.jpg
http://www.benelli.co.uk/new-bike-detail/?slug=Benelli-Leoncino-2016

SpudRider
12-12-2015, 06:36 PM
It's always great to hear from you, Kat. :) Indeed, those are nice motorcycles. Benelli is making some interesting bikes. :tup:

jbfla
12-12-2015, 06:51 PM
That Benelli Leoncino reminds me of the new Ducati Scrambler.

Are Benelli's sold in the US?

As far as the Honda CB500x, I think it would be my choice if I could only have one bike, and didn't do off road riding.

I took a close look at the Honda. There was a local dealer that had new, left over 2013 and 2014's in the $5k range.

I decided on the RX3 for the lower price and the off-road capabilities.

jb

DanKearney
12-13-2015, 10:36 AM
I'd really like to see one of the moto magazines do a comparo test of the RX-3, CB500X, and BMW F700GS/G650GS.

We all know the RX-3 would lose the highway portion of the comparo (Just because of its top speed limitations), but I bet it would win both the canyon carving and off-road portions. And if the test included urban traffic riding, I think the RX-3 would be on top there too.

Cheers,

Dan K.

culcune
12-13-2015, 12:13 PM
Are Benelli's sold in the US?

jb

They are represented by SSR, and have links, and show bikes on the SSR site, but it seems like there are no bikes in the US as of yet.

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/

Jay In Milpitas
12-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Just my opinion, but two positives I see in the design of the CB500X are:

1. Less prominent beak. I'm not enamored of that GS styling aspect on the RX-3.

2. Looks to be a plastic bash plate guard under the front of the engine, so it will tear off if hitting a log or rock instead of hanging the bike up. That's a good thing, yes?

My RX-3 will never be my only bike as I will always probably keep an interstate burner in the garage. But I can foresee always keeping it as long as I'm able to stay up on 2 wheels.

jbfla
12-13-2015, 05:28 PM
They are represented by SSR, and have links, and show bikes on the SSR site, but it seems like there are no bikes in the US as of yet.

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/

Thanks.

jb

Danimal
12-13-2015, 08:46 PM
I'd really like to see one of the moto magazines do a comparo test of the RX-3, CB500X, and BMW F700GS/G650GS.

We all know the RX-3 would lose the highway portion of the comparo (Just because of its top speed limitations), but I bet it would win both the canyon carving and off-road portions. And if the test included urban traffic riding, I think the RX-3 would be on top there too.

Cheers,

Dan K.

I've got something to say about this to anyone listening...I've beat the living snot out of my RX3 the last 6 weeks. The last three weekends I have joined group ADV rides flying around all kinds of backroads and trails in Ohio.
Aside from making new friends (which is good), I have marked SOOOO many exquisite roads and trails on my GPS it'll keep me happy for years, as there are spurs off of these as well.
And riding alongside the following bikes...Yamaha WR250R (four different ones), Several KLRs all farkled...yesterday a GS1200 Beemer...a SuperTenare...Veestroms, KTMs,, you freaking name it.
And the RX3 can hang right there in the worst with them.
It's fast enough for hauling mail on roads not intended for mail. And the power and top speed the big bikes offer? Unusable on these backroads and trails. Literally.
And a detriment when you go down or break down compared to the RX3s simplicity.
Really kinda amazed at the damn competency of this bike.

Jay In Milpitas
12-13-2015, 08:51 PM
I've got something to say about this to anyone listening...I've beat the living snot out of my RX3 the last 6 weeks. The last three weekends I have joined group ADV rides flying around all kinds of backroads and trails in Ohio.
Aside from making new friends (which is good), I have marked SOOOO many exquisite roads and trails on my GPS it'll keep me happy for years, as there are spurs off of these as well.
And riding alongside the following bikes...Yamaha WR250R (four different ones), Several KLRs all farkled...yesterday a GS1200 Beemer...a SuperTenare...Veestroms, KTMs,, you freaking name it.
It's fast enough for hauling mail on roads not intended for mail. And the power and top speed the big bikes offer? Unusable on these backroads and trails. Literally.

Where's the freakin' *Like* button? Way to go, Dan.

SpudRider
12-13-2015, 11:59 PM
X2. :tup:

SpudRider
12-14-2015, 12:01 AM
... Looks to be a plastic bash plate guard under the front of the engine, so it will tear off if hitting a log or rock instead of hanging the bike up. That's a good thing, yes?...

No, the log or rock will tear off the exhaust headers, and then hang you up. ;)

http://bikersnews.net/wp-content/uploads/images/honda-cb500x_1132.jpg

keithmaine
12-14-2015, 06:21 AM

Awesome Dan :clap::clap:

Huck369
12-14-2015, 10:28 AM

Agree :)

rojo_grande
12-14-2015, 11:17 AM

I'm jealous. I would love to spend that much time out and about on the RX3 (marzhere's bike but she lets me get seat time). I am becoming more impressed with the bike over time as well. Will be on the CSC Baja trip in March for the next extended rides on the bike. I'm limited in Colorado now to some blue bird days when the roads are clear.

The RX3 does not have as much low end power as my KLR (stock except for $.22 mod on carb) but is more than capable on the dirt county roads and forest service roads I've been on so far. The weight and handling of the RX3 is great compared to the KLR. The comfortable hwy cruising speed is not much lower on the RX3 vs. KLR so not really a negative.

I've had several people at work stop me in the parking lot asking about the RX3. I can't praise it highly enough. Then when I tell them the price they are blown away.

Rojo

bountybuddy
12-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Many thanks to all of you for replying to my post. I really enjoyed reading your reply's. In the spring I'll be buying an RX3. It's hard for me to stop thinking about it. I can't wait to get it. I hope our paths cross on some of the rides. Ride safe my friends.

Jay In Milpitas
12-15-2015, 12:01 AM
Many thanks to all of you for replying to my post. I really enjoyed reading your reply's. In the spring I'll be buying an RX3. It's hard for me to stop thinking about it. I can't wait to get it. I hope our paths cross on some of the rides. Ride safe my friends.

How are your wrenching skills, Buddy?

Lee R
12-15-2015, 02:08 PM

I AGREE.

I've owned the KLR 650, the Vstrom DL650 and I have a Moto Guzzi Stelvio in my garage with the RX3.

This bike is a better choice for anything involving dirt than any of those including the KLR. The big bikes are better for anything that involves going over 65mph. The Stelvio is terrifying on anything more than an improved dirt road due to weight. Some lunatic's can do it but one slip and your looking at a pricey mistake.

http://www.advpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/scropped415Gear_MotoGuzzi-013-2.jpg

SpudRider
12-15-2015, 02:42 PM
That kind of riding is why I own a dirt bike. :wtf: When I fall, my CRF250X doesn't get damaged, and I only have to lift 260 pounds after I drop it. ;)

Lee R
12-15-2015, 03:09 PM
That kind of riding is why I own a dirt bike. :wtf: When I fall, it doesn't get damaged, and I only have to lift 260 pounds after I drop it. ;)

Yes, these big ADV bikes can be ridden like a dirtbike by very talented people, average rider's are probably only going to hurt themselves or their wallet attempting that! RX3 is a far far better choice!

They sell big ADV by showing you Chris Birch and letting you think you even have a tiny amount of that ability: ( I would like to see him on an RX3 lol!

https://youtu.be/NpCubYprqFQ

SpudRider
12-15-2015, 08:14 PM
Egads! That man can ride. :tup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpCubYprqFQ

Wolftrax
12-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Not all CB500X's are created equal. For the price of a couple RX3's, you can have a very competent 50/50 Adventure Bike. Here's mine.

SpudRider
12-16-2015, 09:49 PM
Not all CB500X's are created equal. For the price of a couple RX3's, you can have a very competent 50/50 Adventure Bike. Here's mine.

Hello there, stranger! It's good to hear from you. :)

That's a nice bike. :tup: What modifications did you make to the stock CB500X, and how much did they cost?

Lee R
12-16-2015, 11:27 PM
Ralley raid kit?

detours
12-17-2015, 01:51 AM
Looks like Rally Raid. They make a great multi stage kit that transforms the CB500X suspension.

pete
12-17-2015, 03:20 AM
Egads! That man can ride. :tup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpCubYprqFQ

He has a few exstreme enduro titles to his name...
Romaniacs / Roof of Africa / Elzburg Rodeo... so on...
He runs a Enduro school over here when he's not riding..

SpudRider
12-17-2015, 05:09 AM
You turned me on to the extreme enduros, Pete. Those races are crazy. ;) Johnny Walker won the 2015 Romaniacs. :tup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAmUT0nkTh8

SpudRider
12-17-2015, 05:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJXAkIOIDU

keithmaine
12-17-2015, 06:35 AM
Romaniacs are awesome, I watch a lot these videos along with trials videos.

Tiger12XC
06-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Wife just took delivery of her new 2016 CB500X yesterday and she loves it. I took a spin on it once we got home and that thing is nice I must say. I need to add that it is not an off road bike, we have the RX3's for that, it maybe ok on light dirt road but would need upgrades in suspension and tires to do anything more at $2800.00 the Rally Raid stage three would do the trick but we are talking $10,000.00 all in not counting luggage and farkles. She did not buy it for off roading, she bought it to run with me on my long 1000+ mile weekends I do on the Triumph Tiger Explorer XC. I run 80-90+ MPH the freeway (still being passed by cars and trucks) and she does not want to be a passenger on those trips.

2LZ
06-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Very nice bike. Congrats! I was looking at the NC700X a few years ago but it just wasn't the right time.
Mrs. 2LZ is doing the opposite of what your wife is doing. She has her Kingpin for the street and long hauls, but now she is seriously downsizing to the TT250 for local running and dirt roading. Compared to the Vic, she'll be able to flick around the TT.

dpl096
06-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Good looking bike - Congratulations to the lady of the manor!

BlackBike
06-09-2016, 09:59 PM
That's a beautiful ride.

detours
06-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Congrats on the new ride! It's a great bike stock and the rally raid upgrades are really something!

Motocrazy
06-13-2016, 09:45 PM
Bounty Buddy,

I have both bikes. I bought the RX3 first for a commuter bike and light offroad. Not that it can't do much more. But after just a few weeks I needed more power for freeway use. After seeing some videos of the CB500X with the Rally Raid Stage 3 kit. I fell in love. Don't let anyone tell you the CB500X won't go off road. Stock it has seriously crappy suspension but I threw some good knobbies on the front and back and I've ripped down some trails I didn't think I should have gone. But even stock the CB500X took it all in stride. I've purchased the Rally Raid stage 2 kit already and I'm just waiting on it's arrival. I picked up my 2013 CB500X with 3,400 miles on it for $3700.00. I had to drive 8 hours both ways to get it but the bike is becoming one of my all time favorite bikes. And at 52 yrs old I've had alot :yay: I still ride my RX3 at least 3 time a week to work but I know in the long run the Honda will outlast the Zong. My Goldwing currently has 157,000 miles on it and I don't see it croaking anytime soon. Anyway I thought I'd throw my .02 cents worth in the ring. :D Enjoy doesn't mater what bike you have it's always better than not having one at all.

BlackBike
06-14-2016, 12:28 AM
Bounty Buddy,

I have both bikes. I bought the RX3 first for a commuter bike and light offroad. Not that it can't do much more. But after just a few weeks I needed more power for freeway use. After seeing some videos of the CB500X with the Rally Raid Stage 3 kit. I fell in love. Don't let anyone tell you the CB500X won't go off road. Stock it has seriously crappy suspension but I threw some good knobbies on the front and back and I've ripped down some trails I didn't think I should have gone. But even stock the CB500X took it all in stride. I've purchased the Rally Raid stage 2 kit already and I'm just waiting on it's arrival. I picked up my 2013 CB500X with 3,400 miles on it for $3700.00. I had to drive 8 hours both ways to get it but the bike is becoming one of my all time favorite bikes. And at 52 yrs old I've had alot :yay: I still ride my RX3 at least 3 time a week to work but I know in the long run the Honda will outlast the Zong. My Goldwing currently has 157,000 miles on it and I don't see it croaking anytime soon. Anyway I thought I'd throw my .02 cents worth in the ring. :D Enjoy doesn't mater what bike you have it's always better than not having one at all.

Care to let us see?...sounds awesome.

Motocrazy
06-14-2016, 12:51 AM
Blackbike,

I'll be happy to show it off. Currently it's on the lift getting wired with some driving lights and other farkles. Currently Rally raid is running 6+ weeks for delivery. The wheels seem to be the things on back order. Still tossing around which soft luggage I want to tour with, there are so many choices. Anyway I'll be happy to post pictures as soon as it's done. Probably be late summer but I will make sure to post progress pictures.

Wolftrax
06-14-2016, 08:07 AM
The CB 500X Rally Raid is perhaps the perfect 50/50 all road bike. It moves effortlessly from dirt to pavement . Off road its the real deal and goes anywhere you point it. The Tractive suspension is the key to its off road prowess. On the highway it's biggest problem is keeping it under 70 mph to achieve 60 mpg. It's a mile muncher on road and off.

Tiger12XC
06-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Blackbike,

I'll be happy to show it off. Currently it's on the lift getting wired with some driving lights and other farkles. Currently Rally raid is running 6+ weeks for delivery. The wheels seem to be the things on back order. Still tossing around which soft luggage I want to tour with, there are so many choices. Anyway I'll be happy to post pictures as soon as it's done. Probably be late summer but I will make sure to post progress pictures.

The Wolfman Blackhawk tank bag from the RX3 fits the CB500X tank nicely also ordering the Wolfman Enduro Dry Saddle Bags great size for cloths and light camping gear. I have the 45L Holand Nomada Pro II panniers on my bike to haul the majority of gear we have so the so Mrs. Tiger can stay light on long trips.

BlackBike
06-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Wolf, thanks for posting that excellent pic of the cb500x rr. That does look like perfect balance power agility weight etc. I think this is what zong is shooting for with their rx4.

Will soak it in some more, ahhh

BlackBike
06-17-2016, 05:00 PM
http://www.advpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Rally-Raid_CB500x-Adventure-Heritage-2.jpg
Honda heritage custom build
Stage 3 bolt on kit for cb500x $2900
https://giantloopmoto.com/product/level-3-adventure-kit-honda-cb500x-adventure-rrp-443/

Motocrazy, I'm in :yay:

Need to see one at a Honda store...just looking, thank you:hehe:

BlackBike
06-18-2016, 12:39 AM
http://blackgirlsride.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/honda-cbr300r-infographic.jpg

Hopefully black girls ride. Com won't mind if I borrow this pic.
Imagine if this bike had a stage 3 off road kit. They could suspension lift, delete cowling etc. Would be perfect power and low weight for adv tour bike like rx3. But then ,by that time it would be up to about $7500, probably wouldn't sell with small motor and large price.

1cylinderwonder
08-24-2017, 06:15 PM
The Honda CB500X doesn't have all the standard equipment included with the RX3. ;) In addition, the CB500X is much heavier, even in stock form.
The answer for me is simple. I would much rather own a Zongshen RX3 than Honda CB500X. ;)
The RX3 weighs 385 lbs and the CB500X weighs 427 lbs.
The RX3 has 25hp and the CB500X has 50hp.
So CB500X is 42lbs. heavier than RX3, but has double the horsepower.
So what do you want?

wheelbender6
08-24-2017, 07:21 PM
To many, the CB500x is considered a light bike. The power to weight ratio of the CB500x is close to twice that of the Zong.
I prefer the Zong too, but a lot of the heavier bikes have insanely high power to weight ratios.

2LZ
08-25-2017, 10:55 AM
You can't compare a 250 with a 500. May as well compare a Prius with a Camaro.

fjmartin
08-25-2017, 02:01 PM
One of the guys I just rode the WABDR with last week on his RX3 just sold his CB500X. He didn't like it. Said the power band was too mild all the way up and he couldn't hang with other riders. Got another buddy who has one and LOVES it. He's doing the Rally Raid Level 3 kit on it to make it truly trail worthy.

1cylinderwonder
08-25-2017, 06:44 PM
One of the guys I just rode the WABDR with last week on his RX3 just sold his CB500X. He didn't like it. Said the power band was too mild all the way up and he couldn't hang with other riders. Got another buddy who has one and LOVES it. He's doing the Rally Raid Level 3 kit on it to make it truly trail worthy.

So the CB500X could not keep up with the RX3????
Hard to believe!
I'd do a Rally Raid upgrade to make it a little more off road worthy!

Sport Rider
08-25-2017, 09:17 PM
So the CB500X could not keep up with the RX3????
Hard to believe!
I'd do a Rally Raid upgrade to make it a little more off road worthy!

the only thing I can think is the weight being the difference. I can see the rx3 being better on trail types of environments with proper tires. easier to move around with less weight. I can't see the 500x not being better than the rx3 for most adventure tour work. I'd like to hear his explanation though.

Biker_Andy
08-26-2017, 02:05 PM
I own a CB500XA (A for ABS) and TT250 and I think it's the perfect combo. CB500XA for touring pavement and short gravel rides. TT250 for short commutes, longer gravel rides & trails. I've never rode the RX3 and it wasn't available when I bought my CB500XA or I'd probably own one instead and then I likely wouldn't have ever bought a TT250. The CB500X is certainly more expensive then the RX3. I paid about twice the cost of the RX3 price for both of my bikes but I have twice the bikes. If I had to sell both bikes and then buy one bike to replace both then I would again consider the RX3. I think everyone would agree the TT250 is a better trail bike then the RX3 and the CB500X is the better pavement bike. Unfortunately neither are as well rounded for all roads as the RX3.

The only real problem with my bike combo is when the trail I want to ride is hundreds of miles away from home. I don't own a truck and my stock TT250 is terrible on the highway. It's a lot cheaper to make the TT250 more highway capable then to make the CB500X more off road worthy.

A rally raid stage 1 kit on a CB would give the RX3 a run for its money while a stage 3 would make it surpass an RX3 in every respect on and off road. I was told with a stage 3 kit on the CB and it can run as fast or faster then a GS, Tiger or Twin on the trail. The price of a stage 3 kit is roughly the same as a TT250 though. Hence I own a TT250.

The ideal poor man's adventure bike is the RX3 while the ideal rich man's bike is a Stage 3 CB500X. The question becomes: Are you the type of person who wants to thrash around a $4000 bike or a $8000 bike.

wheelbender6
08-27-2017, 02:51 PM
I was reading a review of the 750cc Moto Guzzi V7 this morning and it has 50hp.
That makes the Honda CB 500 look pretty powerful in comparison.

Sullybiker
08-27-2017, 06:03 PM

The Guzzi's an air-cooled twin and they usually give up a bit of power compared to liquid-cooled motors.

CB500's engine is a bit uninspired but the bike is perfectly quick. I think the CB500F is a classic Honda; a very capable, light standard motorcycle.

dh
08-28-2017, 11:46 PM
I am wondering how the new Royal Enfield Himalayan might compare with the Rx3. They have similar weight and horsepower specs although the 410cc air cooled RE has a bit more more torque. Not sure if it is enough to make much of a difference?

https://royalenfield.com/motorcycles/himalayan/bike/

1cylinderwonder
08-29-2017, 01:04 AM
I am wondering how the new Royal Enfield Himalayan might compare with the Rx3. They have similar weight and horsepower specs although the 410cc air cooled RE has a bit more more torque. Not sure if it is enough to make much of a difference?

https://royalenfield.com/motorcycles/himalayan/bike/
I've been following the development of the Himalaya for a couple of years and waiting to make a purchase if and when it arrives in the United States. I hope it happens soon.:yay:

Jay In Milpitas
09-02-2017, 02:28 PM

Did you compare torque values and rpm that the power ratings are delivered at?

RedHawk47
09-24-2017, 09:43 PM
Did you compare torque values and rpm that the power ratings are delivered at?

That's the point I was going to make.
The Moto Guzzi has lots of low end torque. High end HP is only good for bragging, you rarely use it.