PDA

View Full Version : National Event?

Sport Rider
03-02-2016, 04:33 PM
has there ever been an attempt to get a large gaggle of china bikes together at an event, either something regional or larger????

Adjuster
03-02-2016, 06:08 PM
I am going to suggest Deerfield Beach, Florida.

/

katoranger
03-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Chanute, Kansas. Center of the U.S.

2LZ
03-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Volcano? Weather's nice! Plenty of parking and camp spots!

Azhule
03-03-2016, 05:14 PM
I like the "Center of the U.S." idea, some might have travel ocean to ocean... and back again for the event :) ... another plus is I'm only 750 miles from Chanute lol

SeerAtlas
03-03-2016, 05:41 PM
OZARKS in ARKANSAS, nationally acclaimed riding!!! Look it up:}

Adam Rinkleff
03-03-2016, 05:57 PM
If Dallas was chosen... RPS, Taotao, Coolster, Kandi, Trailmaster, and Dongfang all have warehouses here.

Sport Rider
03-03-2016, 07:07 PM
well, it would have to be hear some good riding too. I know a lot of groups target Arkansas because of the great roads. what do the Ozarks have to offer for off-road riding?

SeerAtlas
03-04-2016, 04:40 AM
you can practically ride the whole northwest /northcentral of the state "offroad", i.e county dirt roads. scenic as hell.some can be a bit challenging but almost all will match up favorably w anything u can think of. numerous off road parks, national parks, and state parks. Even have the sand dunes just across the state line in Oklahoma. AND, you can even go dig for real diamonds for free in the local state diamond park.! lol
Check out the Buffalo river, The assortment of fish filled lakes, the white water stuff near Ponca and the easily located elk herds (these are the Big elk). Plus, add in Branson just a few miles north and you have a heckufa reasonably priced vacation.
For off highway stuff this is a heck of a riding area and a lot more. cheap too:}

Azhule
03-04-2016, 05:20 AM
They have a huge sand dune in Wyoming too :) called:

"Killpecker Sand Dunes"

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F0f%2F52%2Fb5%2F0f52b5f2bcc 49ffbe59d225b0463fb42.jpg&f=1

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.c.photoshelter.com%2Fimg-get%2FI00005mnYtbmFidI%2Fs%2F870%2FLWyrd0025.jpg&f=1

Looks like a fun place (not for a event/gathering, more like a day trip with the fam :lol:), I might plot a nice quiet ride down that way for me and the Mrs. after we get a second moto for her to ride.

culcune
03-04-2016, 06:56 AM
I think a ride like this would be most appropriate https://rideapart.com/articles/motorcycle-cannonball rather than a gathering. 102 years ago, a guy set off from San Diego, and 11 days later, made it to the east coast on a motorcycle. Chinese bikes have to be a little better than bikes from 102 years ago?! There has been a growing interest in this run since the 100 year anniversary, as the photos show, especially with vintage bike enthusiasts. The thread on advrider about the father/son riding from San Francisco to New York on small displacement Chinese bikes (father on a 125cc DAX replica, son on 150cc BMS scooter) is also inspiration. They did their ride on back roads, and as we are always paranoid of sustained interstate or freeway speeds, perhaps back roads are in order for a Chinese bike cannonball run, too.

Sport Rider
03-04-2016, 10:21 AM
an experience/ride like that is on my bucket list to do some day. even if just taking one of my other bikes cross country.

BARLOW
03-04-2016, 01:35 PM
i never have time to go to rides or car shows, things like that ... working 6 days a week on night shift does not leave much time for anything, but if any of you are ever in central illinois, i would love to ride with you guys

culcune
03-04-2016, 09:47 PM
I could see a run being similar to Hot Rod's Powerun-they start on the west coast, and cruise through cities picking up people on the way, or people not able to make the run simply enjoy the show when all the cars roll into town. There would be a few who could start off west (or east, but I am closer to the west, so that is the way I envision it), and ride through a predetermined route to somewhere east (or west...). Those that cannot make the long ride could ride to meet up with the pack, or those that happen to live along the route could spring for beer once the pack passes through (ok, no one would be obligated to buy beer :) )

wheelbender6
03-06-2016, 09:17 AM
I think regional China events could be well attended. I don't think a lot of China Scoot/Motorcycle pilots will ride or haul their machine across several states to this kind of event. Maybe east coast, west coast and central locations. It would be great for parts and accessory vendors too.

Mudflap
03-11-2016, 10:20 AM
This year our annual Trail 90 camp-out will be at Hells Canyon (Oregon side) from 7/15 to about 7/30. It's not restricted to Trail 90/110s, just around 20 guys getting together to camp and ride small bikes on dirt roads and trails. There are usually a couple Lifan 200s, TW200s, and other small bikes. All are welcome to join us. Camping etc., is free. There are no rules. Come when you want, leave when you want, ride where you want. I'll post more details when the date gets closer.