PDA

View Full Version : Hawk registered in Illinois! No problems.

mq1991
03-15-2016, 02:08 PM
Anyone looking to get one in Illinois shouldnt have a problem, I brought the title and bill of sale in with a cashiers check for tax, and bam! $200 later all set.

Adam Rinkleff
03-15-2016, 03:55 PM
:D

popeicus86
03-16-2016, 11:05 AM
i'll be doing this next week soon as I get my MCO in the mail

BARLOW
03-16-2016, 11:10 AM
congrats ... i also had no troubles in illinois with my storm250 ... took mco/bos check and debit card ... got it legal, then took my motorcycle test on it all in the same day ... wher in illinois are you?

mq1991
03-18-2016, 09:39 AM
congrats ... i also had no troubles in illinois with my storm250 ... took mco/bos check and debit card ... got it legal, then took my motorcycle test on it all in the same day ... wher in illinois are you?

Hey man! Nice, yeah im right up by the il/wi border, Gurnee/kenosha area.

I travel to Palatine for work mon,wed,fri though.

SpudRider
03-21-2016, 06:02 AM
:tup:

dpl096
04-03-2016, 09:31 AM

Barlow: Is your Storm the identical bike to the Hawk?

BARLOW
04-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Barlow: Is your Storm the identical bike to the Hawk?
no, it has a few upgrades ... and is a little more cost ... also has smaller rims, and more streetable tires ... hawk also has a fuel gauge (i think), but if i have read correctly, it does not work too well

dpl096
04-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Yesterday I called the Charleston SOS Office to inquire about the legality of registering and titling a sweet new Hawk 250. The lady I spoke with wasted little time in telling me I needed to call Springfield to get an answer. Pass the buck #1. I then called Springfield and after being on hold for nearly 30 minutes I spoke with an obviously self determined overworked and certainly uninspired bureaucrat who listened to about half my story and told me to call the Secretary of State Police to get an answer and then hung up. Pass the buck #2 plus she was a bitch. I then called the Mattoon office and spoke with an incredibly polite fella who not only listened but took the time to answer every question and to assure my that if I bring into THEIR office an appropriate MCO and a bill of sale (along with the means to pay for the title/registration/sales tax) that I wold leave there with no worries and a legal bike ..... I thanked him profusely for his professionalism. . . Im going to take his and Barlow's advice and go to Mattoon and bypass the dullards in the Charleston office. As far as the bitch in Springfield I hope her position is next in line for layoff.

BARLOW
04-06-2016, 02:38 PM
yep, same guy that i talked to first ... but it seems that they all know their stuff here in mattoon, as it was another lady that helped me with all my paperwork ... they are all nice over here, and for the most part they are fast as well ... when you get a bike, we need to go ride :)