PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from NC

lmg1974
04-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Hey all. Not ashamed to admit I got bit by the dual sport bug over the winter. The cost of the Jap bikes was killing me.... So I started lurking here. Being a mechanic on anything that S S BB for 20+ years, I went ahead and ordered a Bashan storm 250. It's not here yet, but I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives. Can't get my big bike down to some of these fishing holes, now i got me an " ancient Chinese secret!"

Bonus points if you know where that came from!

Bruce's
04-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Calf on commercial 1970's

Weldangrind
04-06-2016, 12:39 AM
Welcome! Looking forward to pics when the bike arrives.

Sport Rider
04-06-2016, 07:54 AM
Welcome! Where you located? I am in the Charlotte area.

SpudRider
04-06-2016, 09:12 AM
Welcome; we are glad you joined us. :hi:

Azhule
04-06-2016, 11:02 AM
" ancient Chinese secret!"

Bonus points if you know where that came from!

An old computer game from the 90's called 'Shadow Warrior' ??? That's one place of many I remember it from :lol:

Also, welcome to the China Bike Fam :)

Bruce's
04-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Calf on commercial 1970's

The auto correct is killing me ,it was supposed to say Calgon commercial in the 70's

Swampy
04-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Welcome! I remember that commercial.......

lmg1974
04-06-2016, 05:43 PM
im right outside fayetteville.. near ft bragg. Im getting giddy waiting for this thing. I paid the extra cash for fully assembled, delivered. we will see how that goes! Im going to tell them make sure that once its vertical, check the valves and put some rotella 15/40 in it. I bought a case of amsoil ( im a dealer, lol its like $90 /case for me..) to do both my bikes!!

BlackBike
04-07-2016, 01:04 AM
Extra cash...Good luck with that, I trust these dealers as about as much as that car about to pull out in front of me. Eternal pessimist.

lmg1974
04-07-2016, 06:04 AM
man i hear ya.... fayetteville is notorious for its lousy drivers.. i swear these young military guys are the worst drivers i have ever seen.

I ordered mine, prepped delivered to my door, not terminal pickup, for 1600. The company was superior power sports. I didnt see many, or any bad comments about them, they assured me i wont have issues with titling it, etc. customer service was fantastic. I just missed the last black one by like 2 hours. I settled for red ( kinda growing on me.... not to mention, if i dont order a second set of plastics, theres always krylon fusion!!!!

SpudRider
04-07-2016, 06:21 AM
man i hear ya.... fayetteville is notorious for its lousy drivers.. i swear these young military guys are the worst drivers i have ever seen.

I ordered mine, prepped delivered to my door, not terminal pickup, for 1600. The company was superior power sports. I didnt see many, or any bad comments about them, they assured me i wont have issues with titling it, etc. customer service was fantastic. I just missed the last black one by like 2 hours. I settled for red ( kinda growing on me.... not to mention, if i dont order a second set of plastics, theres always krylon fusion!!!!

Krylon Fusion is available in flat, satin, and gloss black. :)

lmg1974
04-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Spud, not only is he one of the most influential people involved in the China bike movement state side.... He has also single handedly raised the stock price of DuPont by 4 points....

You invested in DuPont ?, got stock options or what?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

BlackBike
04-07-2016, 11:51 AM

Bright colors are probably best for street, who knows what going on in that other drivers head:hmm:

SpudRider
04-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Spud, not only is he one of the most influential people involved in the China bike movement state side.... He has also single handedly raised the stock price of DuPont by 4 points....

You invested in DuPont ?, got stock options or what?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I wish I had. :lmao: