PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut registration

JFlem
04-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Registered my Hawk 250 today...no problems. I had it inspected at the Wethersfield DMV location and registered at the Enfield DMV location. Painless. the only issue was that the front reflectors are not visible enough to pass inspection so you will need to apply orange(not red)reflective tape to the front forks. Bring the tape with you or you will have to run to O'reileys and get back in line like I did :)

Adam Rinkleff
04-08-2016, 05:07 PM
Registered my Hawk 250 today...no problems. I had it inspected at the Wethersfield DMV location and registered at the Enfield DMV location. Painless. the only issue was that the front reflectors are not visible enough to pass inspection so you will need to apply orange(not red)reflective tape to the front forks. Bring the tape with you or you will have to run to O'reileys and get back in line like I did :)

Thanks! I've been wondering about CT.

culcune
04-08-2016, 09:02 PM
I could have sworn that CT was a no-go? This is good news!

pistolclass
04-08-2016, 09:21 PM
How did they get L0W in their system?I know for a fact that motocheez was turned away twice so he went te VT route. Please let me know.

JFlem
04-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Well folks, I can't say for sure why it worked. I was pretty sure it wouldn't work actually... even prepared for the bad news, Buuuuut the woman helping me (Rosemarie at window 11 in Enfield) told me that she "added" the Haosen make and model to the system, whatever that means!? No problem with the vin (L0W) other than needing an inspection specifically by the state police at the Wethersfield location. The inspection took a whopping 10 minutes! I am apparently the second in the state to register the Haosen without issue. The first was two days ago... according to Rose. I didn't fact check her statements, all I know is shes the one to see.

pistolclass
04-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Ok I think there are going to be at least 5 of us looking for Rosie in Enfield. Motocheez's son is going to be getting one soon too.

pistolclass
04-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Where in CT are you?

pistolclass
04-08-2016, 11:06 PM
Also, where did you buy your hawk from, and did the MCO say Motorcycle?

JFlem
04-09-2016, 12:11 AM
Im in Enfield. I purchased the bike from American Powersports Sales Ctr out of Tennessee. It shipped from Texas. Paperwork came from Tennessee. Sales receipt, MCO, and bill of sale all say motorcycle. Is that an anomaly?

JFlem
04-09-2016, 12:15 AM
For the people "going the Vermont route": does your registration say motorcycle?

JFlem
04-09-2016, 12:49 AM
As a suggestion; get the inspection done first-save yourself the second 3hour trip. I didn't do that. I went the first time mostly to see how far I would get. Ended trip 1 with a temporary registration and plate and a mission to get the inspection. That was Thursday...and then there was Rose...dear dear Rose! Perfect in every way, especially her business. She desires that all of humanity should be able to ride dirtbikes on the street! She tries new things, foreign even to the ignoblest of dmv's...and succeeds! She sends strangers out the door with a number and a promise with her name on it-"get it inspected tomorrow and come back and see me; don't get in line! You got it Rose. Today was Friday! No wait. I walked into the dmv and walked out 20 minutes later. Greatest half hour spent in the grip of the government ive ever had. Way to be, Rosemarie of station 11...Way to be :)

BlackBike
04-09-2016, 12:57 AM
As a suggestion; get the inspection done first-save yourself the second 3hour trip. I didn't do that. I went the first time mostly to see how far I would get. Ended trip 1 with a temporary registration and plate and a mission to get the inspection. That was Thursday...and then there was Rose...dear dear Rose! Perfect in every way, especially her business. She desires that all of humanity should be able to ride dirtbikes on the street! She tries new things, foreign even to the ignoblest of dmv's...and succeeds! She sends strangers out the door with a number and a promise with her name on it-"get it inspected tomorrow and come back and see me; don't get in line! You got it Rose. Today was Friday! No wait. I walked into the dmv and walked out 20 minutes later. Greatest half hour spent in the grip of the government ive ever had. Way to be, Rosemarie of station 11...Way to be :)

No doubt about it my boy you're in love with the DMV lady. Bring her a rose if you want your hawk registred. :hehe:

JFlem
04-09-2016, 01:13 AM
Love is a strong word...but we are like best friends now, sooo...Not bragging, just saying :) Bottom line...Hawks legit legit. I hope to hear that more CT riders have a similar experience.

Side note: the handbook I have says it is the Ricky Powersports LLC(RPS) Hawk 250

pistolclass
04-09-2016, 06:48 AM
As a suggestion; get the inspection done first-save yourself the second 3hour trip. :)

Oh no I'm not going to deviate from your exact path. What were you wearing? Any particular color combo of shirt or pant? Any Cologne? Did you wank briskly to station 11 or did you saunter. Did you wink at her... I need to know...fix that can go either way.

SpudRider
04-18-2016, 10:53 AM

Thanks for reporting your success dealing with the lovely Rosemarie at station #11. :tup:

Mike7476
03-31-2018, 11:49 AM
Well folks, I can't say for sure why it worked. I was pretty sure it wouldn't work actually... even prepared for the bad news, Buuuuut the woman helping me (Rosemarie at window 11 in Enfield) told me that she "added" the Haosen make and model to the system, whatever that means!? No problem with the vin (L0W) other than needing an inspection specifically by the state police at the Wethersfield location. The inspection took a whopping 10 minutes! I am apparently the second in the state to register the Haosen without issue. The first was two days ago... according to Rose. I didn't fact check her statements, all I know is shes the one to see.

I’m going to register my hawk next week glad to see no problems as I was worried also due to motocheeze was turned away I got my mco and I insured it using forcing haosene popped right up for the insurance card hopefully dmv will be easy

pistolclass
04-18-2018, 02:20 PM
Mike were you able to get a ct tag?