PDA

View Full Version : Shocks for 250E (2016 model)

Tonyrader
04-12-2016, 10:36 AM
I am stupid.. these are 2015 units.. LOL

I just bought shocks for my 250E these are the shocks...

88-06 YAMAHA BLASTER 200 FRONT SHOCKS ABSORBERS SUSPENSION AND REAR SHOCK

THESE SHOCKS are is in very good condition and shows normal signs of wear.

Removed From: 2003 Yamaha Blaster 200

we will see how they work,

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/z/f0gAAOSwsN9W~Xjr/$_3.JPG

Tonyrader
04-12-2016, 10:49 AM
The Black one is my 2015 250E with Locin motor, the other one is one of the twins (my sons) quad it is a 125 with a 4 speed 3 forward and reverse, Not sure if you call it a 3 speed or 4 speed.. LOL any how these are not made any more. I sure am happy I but four of them (Two each) last year...

I am going to put new shocks on the black one. hope these fit last set I bought where WAY TOOOO BIG..:crazy: I will let you know..:tup:

Weldangrind
04-13-2016, 10:18 AM
I bet those Blaster shocks will be a bolt-on deal on your black quad. I hadn't thought of that, so I bought Raptor shocks, which were too big. I welded new mounts on so I could use them (and they've been terrific), but the Blaster shocks would have likely been easier.

Tonyrader
04-14-2016, 12:01 AM
they measure 14 in eye to eye, I hope they feel good.. I bought a rear shock that was huge.. OOPS.. it was a 660 raptor I think.. about 4 in to big.. I put it on just to check it out.. jacked up the rear and put way to much load on the front.. but it looked cool..:lmao:

Weldangrind
04-14-2016, 12:48 AM
Those are exactly what I installed. My quad is very similar to yours.

BigDoug
04-17-2016, 09:41 PM
Any luck on the shocks? Took the wife out on the Roketa this weekend and I am pretty sure the shocks are all show... What a rough ride! Would love to know if you smooth out your ride with the new shocks.

Tonyrader
04-17-2016, 10:03 PM
Any luck on the shocks? Took the wife out on the Roketa this weekend and I am pretty sure the shocks are all show... What a rough ride! Would love to know if you smooth out your ride with the new shocks.

I got them installed today.. nice "performance " shock.. handles a lot better. BUT, check out my alinement and camber thread, I am going to write it now..
they fit but the quad needed to have shock hangers spread. and I had to do some grinding on the shocks to fit them, BUT not too big of deal.. added about 1-1.5 in of clearance,, It has a nice stance and feels super in the corners..

But NOT SOFTER..

I have one more adjustment down on the spring, I just haven't done it yet... The back I adjusted all the way out. to release the spring tension as much possible.. not bad, but I am 200# and I don't move it much...when I get on and off.. I have thought about heating them to take some spring out of it.. but scared I might wreck it.

I have the same looking shocks stock... and they are hard and do not handle. they go from hard to giving out in a corner.. and I ride to keep up with my kids.. I need all the edge I can get on those 8yr old boogers..LOL