PDA

View Full Version : Another MSO issue

VFRFLYER
11-08-2006, 11:25 PM
I guess buying online, this sort of thing is common. anyway the issue is the MSO came in the crate with the bike and has none of the information filled in except the VIN# and Model BTW its a Roketa RSX 200E. The guy I bought it from said just fill it in yourself, an was kinda vague about what to put I dont think he knows. The bike stats at the top of front page no problems, I can do that. In the middle theres a paragraph it ends with Name of Dealer Distributor Etc. I think that is where I put Dirtcheapmotorsports,com and addres etc This is where I bought it.
below that there is space for Company Name it is filled in with Goldenvale Inc and has a place for authorized signature of rep or agent Would this be the dealers signature or someone from Roketa? Ok on the back several repeated areas for tranfering ownership the first one should be filled in transfering from dealer to me? is this correct sorry if this is confusing I certainly am confused can some of you dealers clear this up some for me I can eamil photos if someone needs to see it.

Thanks for any help
Ray

mule3010
11-09-2006, 06:07 AM
the 1st. box transfers ownership from manufacturer to dealer. The 2cnd. box transfers from dealer to purchaser. If it is like the ones I have delt with.
Joe

ejcycles
11-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Hi VFRFLYER
From my experience and what I have heard on The GY-5 Yahoo Group it is the Dealers responsibility to have a completed MCO filled out for the customer and he {The Dealer} needs to abide by the laws of the State where he is selling to. You may not ever be able to get this vehicle registered in your State if the MCO is not filled out correctly it all depends on Your State laws. This is one of the Largest concerns that I have been warning people about for a year now. I posted it on a thread in here, on the GY-5 Yahoo Group and so on. I'm not ragging on you...it's the Dealer that is not doing his job correctly and it makes the China Bikes/Quads etc. look bad. Anyone can make up a website and even make it look like a Dealership...this guy might be selling them out of his garage! as far as we know. The problem is the MCO can't be filled out with a pen...it needs to be typed or printed from a computer. The bottom area that you are talking about has to be signed be an authorized person at Goldenvale {HaHaHehe} to them. This is one reason that I will not deal with them or sell their products along with parts issues.
I hope this helps, you need the Dealer have this MCO filled out correctly by Goldenvale and sent back to you...This is His responsibility! this is the Law.
Bruce

fatboy250
11-09-2006, 08:33 AM
The guy I dealt with at Lintopowersports had me call him with the vin number and they sent me the MSO already filed out with all the information on back. The cardboard MSO that comes with the bike was different than what he sent. The one he sent was on watermarked paper and looked much more official. I guess you could just file out the one you got with the bike, but make sure to put miles on the form 400 (specific to SC) the computer at the DMV will not accept zero as milage.

Jason

dlunt
11-09-2006, 08:41 PM
I feel for you. I had the same problem. Waited 6 weeks for the dealer to finally get a dealer license in Ohio and send me a valid MSO. (As I have said a million times, I wish I would have known about Bruce's dealership in Ohio. Just waiting on the 300's to come out now so I can buy one from him! :D )

VFRFLYER
11-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the input guys, The dealer replied to my email asked if I had gone to a car/bike dealer to get them tp register it yet. Nice guy but he aint gettin it. Anyway called Roketa direct to see if they would help my dealer give me what I need. very nice Asian fellow asked me to email him the vin and model with my information and he would send me a completed MSO....Fingers crossed :o

Thanks!! Yall are the best as we say down south LOL
BTW forecast for tomorrow 82 deg gotta break out the Shadow

ejcycles
11-10-2006, 05:55 AM
Hi Ray
Good luck to you!! I really hope that you get the correct paperwork to get your bike registered, it would s@@k if you can't. One thing you may want to do is check with the State of the guy that you purchased the vehicle from. See if he needs to be a Registered Dealer in that State. If he does he should know the laws of his State and abide by them. If he needs to be a Dealer and is not...Report him to the State where lives he could be selling illegally.
Bruce

red2003
01-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Any luck with the MCO. I also bought a bike from Ricky Dodson at DirtCheapMotorSports on eBay. I sent him my MCO. Well after a month of nothing, I e-mailed him. It must be "lost in the mail", and now he wont even reply to my e-mails or answer his phone. Who specifically do I call at Roketa to get a new one coming??

FMYStreetRacer
01-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Any luck with the MCO. I also bought a bike from Ricky Dodson at DirtCheapMotorSports on eBay. I sent him my MCO. Well after a month of nothing, I e-mailed him. It must be "lost in the mail", and now he wont even reply to my e-mails or answer his phone. Who specifically do I call at Roketa to get a new one coming??

this sounds like Rickey from dirtcheapmotorsports (now dirtcheappowersports). you my friend are not out of luck. i also bought a roketa from Rickey and he has been nothing but very unhelpfull. i really should have bought from another dealer. if he doesn't start to warranty the stuff that is breaking i will be showing up in person with some friends.

anyways back on topic. call rocketa at 909-975-4488 and ask to talk to Reese in the mso dept. she was very helpfull to me yesterday. you will need to explain to her that Rickey won't send you a mso and that you've been trying to get him to send you one for a while now. she will need you to fax a copy of the receipt to her. i just sent a copy of my papal reciept that i printed up. she will then need the vin number from your bike and the model number. she will then send one right out to you. i hope to get mine from her here soon. if not Rickey is going to be getting a Visa hold put on here real soon.

VFRFLYER
01-04-2007, 04:43 PM
I still dont have it but I have another its in the mail promise they said 10 days so hopefully it will get here this week or next. I have a little hope this time. they called me back and said it is finished and we are mailing it I think Ricky is in the process of moving last time we talked Its pretty much up to us to get it from Roketa and they seemed willing to do it that way. Just call Toby at 1.909.975.4488 (Toby) ext. 207
tell him what you need and who you are dealing with make sure you tell him how long you have been waitng. he will probably have you email your info VIN, Model, Your personal info and it should come straight to you. I made a note requesting it say Motorcycle as the body type. Not dirt bike etc. Toby printed the info and gave it to Reese her ext is 217
hope this helps let me know when you get yours

Ray

red2003
01-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Called Reese, faxed info, she's supposed to be mailing it out today. We'll see. I still wont have a Bill of Sale from Ricky. He never sent me one and wont return my e-mails or calls. WTF?? I would strongly suggest anyone shy away from Dirt Cheap whatever. I too am waiting on Warranteed parts from him, but not holding my breathe. The bike does run well, and looks like it's pretty decent quality. Especially for the money.

FMYStreetRacer
01-04-2007, 07:35 PM
well where are you guys from? anyone up to take trip to pay him a visit? i have a rental car all weekend.... if it was far enough into it by now and i was pissed enough i'd be going there this weekend for sure.

edit: BTW anyone ever try to title these bikes as a kit bike?

red2003
01-05-2007, 07:55 AM
I'm up here in Vermont. Long way to go to kick someone's a$$ :lol: The situation IS very frustrating though. In Vermont we don't need to title bikes under 300cc's. I do still need a Bill of Sale though. I wonder if a copy of my eBay auction page and PayPal info would suffice as a Bill of Sale???

ejcycles
01-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi red2003
I would Print them off and take them to the BMV or at least call them and ask them...
Bruce

red2003
01-09-2007, 10:39 AM
So has anyone actually received their MCO from Reese at Roketa yet? I am giving it till the end of the week, then it's not gonna be pretty. Aggrevation is setting in!

fatboy250
01-09-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't understand what the hold up is. I called my vendor (LintoPowersports) when ours arrived and gave him the vin numbers. I was able to get the "watermarked" MCO within a week.

VFRFLYER
01-09-2007, 04:23 PM
NO :evil: :evil: I am very disappointed I'm going to give it till Friday then Im calling back for the 3rd time and things are gonna be ugly I already am in the process of filing BBB claim against Ricky may add Roketa to the list. I wish I would have bought from a dealer 500 dollars more but at least I would have something I could ride on the road now I recieved it Nov 1 and I have about 20 miles riding my smallish yard and some trails I have to haul the bike to. Anyway keep me informed on your status and will do the same .
Thanks Ray

FMYStreetRacer
01-09-2007, 07:37 PM
VFRFLYER how long ago did Reese say she was sending your out? i'm waiting for mine and i called last tuesday. should i plan on riding my bike this weekend or driving up to see Rickey?

VFRFLYER
01-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I talked to Reese on 12/28/06 so Friday is the 10 mail traveling day I think. because of Fords funeral and all. they act like it was going in the mail that day. really should not take that long to come from Ca to SC. unless it is by snailback maybe they have there on delivery by china bike so that why they say 10 days LOL :D unless they break down then who knows. Anyway let me know how it goes. I still have fingers crossed
Good Luck

FMYStreetRacer
01-09-2007, 10:40 PM
yeah she made it sound like mine was going into the mail that day as well. i hope i get it before friday. i want to get it registered and ride it over the weekend. the new spriket should be here tomorrow so she'll be road worthy.

red2003
01-10-2007, 07:58 AM
Same here guys. Reese got my info last Wed. Also made it sound like it was going out that afternoon. I am calling when I get home from work today and verifying that the MCO was indeed sent. I'll update tomorrow. Maybe you guys could call too and put a little pressure on them?? Strength in numbers! It's freakin rediculous we have to go through this just to be able to use the bikes. :evil:

fatboy250
01-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Unless I had some bad information, you can ride it for up to 45 days in SC before registering. You do have to have proof of insurance and the bill of sale with you if you get stopped or in an accident.

I didn't wait for my MCO. In fact, I think I had about 300miles on mine by the time I got my MCO.

Jason

red2003
01-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Unless I had some bad information, you can ride it for up to 45 days in SC before registering. You do have to have proof of insurance and the bill of sale with you if you get stopped or in an accident.

I didn't wait for my MCO. In fact, I think I had about 300miles on mine by the time I got my MCO.

Jason

So you can ride for 45 days with NO plate on the machine?? Not here in VT.

fatboy250
01-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Most people who buy a new bike have some sort of paper tag from the dealer that would have the shop logo on it or something. But the tag is not the important thing. Here you have to show ownership (bill of sale) and proof of insurance if you get stopped. The 45 days is the "grace period". I have never waited that long, but the option is there to ride until you get it registered through the DMV.

All I can say is I guess things are bit more relaxed here in the south.

Another point of interest is that we no longer have annual vehicle inspections. This was done away with about 10-12 years ago. So, there is no emissions testing or db readings for straight pipe Harley riders either. You can still get ticketed for an unsafe vehicle and broken tail lights and such, but no annual inspection.

Jason

Roketarider
01-10-2007, 04:09 PM
I guess in NC the process goes much smoother.

Dec 25-placed order for bike
Jan 4-received bike and put together
Jan 5-requested MSO
Jan 9-recieved MSO from XXX-motorsports
Jan 9-got liability from Geico on the bike, no problems
Jan 10-went to NC DMV and got plate for it, no problems

Here is the next few days I will be going for an inspection. My experience has been smooth with the MSO and registering it and all.

VFRFLYER
01-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Now see Roketarider thats how it should be for all the internet chinabike transactions, but once again murphys law applys double to my life sheeeesh. anyway good for you.
BTW Fatboy250 it used to be a 45 day grace but recently it has been changed you are supposed to get temp tag from DMV or the real thing but NO tag will get you a ticket now in SC I know but even the judge didnt know about the New statue it was funny he said I didnt know about it and I am a traffic court judge. so he let me off with no fine. I did have all the proper paperwork just hadnt had time to go to DMV. This was on another vehicle last Nov. Oh and the temp tag has the same requirements as a regular tag just cost less hmmm go figure huh

It has nothing to do with SC vs NC it is the dealer we bought from is not doing what he is supposed to. he just takes the mone and sends a bike thats it. Oh and BS and lie on the phone if he answers it

Ray

Roketarider
01-10-2007, 05:06 PM
ah ok, good luck with your dealer. I went with XXX solely because of their customer service.

fatboy250
01-10-2007, 05:19 PM
VFR,
I hear ya! Man, I'm sorry to hear you getting the run around. I suppose you could do like me and use a tag from another bike until everything works itself out. I'll admit to that. :roll: I used my '95 Concours tag until I got everything from the DMV. I figured if I got stopped it wouldn't be a big deal trying to explain it to the officer. The bike being insured(and it was) is the biggest thing. At least that's the way I see it.

BTW, when you do get everything worked out you need to call me and we all could go for a ride. Dad and I go most every weekend. A bit of a warning though, we ride them hard!! Usually 95+% WOT for extended periods of time when we are on long stretches. And we occasionally drag race(just us two) not other motorcycles or cars. :lol:

Jason

FMYStreetRacer
01-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Same here guys. Reese got my info last Wed. Also made it sound like it was going out that afternoon. I am calling when I get home from work today and verifying that the MCO was indeed sent. I'll update tomorrow. Maybe you guys could call too and put a little pressure on them?? Strength in numbers! It's freakin rediculous we have to go through this just to be able to use the bikes. :evil:

i just called and she said she sent it out the next day. it should be here by the end of the week she said. i really want it tomorrow so i can get it registered friday during lunch. this weekend is suppossed to be nice and i have company coming into town and i'd like to be able to ride it over to meet them.

deputygene
01-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I got the MCO for mu Lifan QP100 dirtbike yesterday. Has type vehicle as a motorcycle.
Also got my Tank 200 dualsport MCO. That has type of vehicle as a dirtbike!
Talked to the dealer, he said as long as I get it inspected by DMV that it will be able to be registered. The other Tank200 he has on the floor did pass DMV inspection

red2003
01-11-2007, 06:32 PM
UPDATE: I got my MCO today in the mail. As promised Reese sent it out the day after I faxed her the info. It is accurate and complete and is issued as MOTORCYCLE. I'm good to go now. Good going Roketa!!!

FMYStreetRacer
01-11-2007, 07:10 PM
man i was hopingto get mine today. i need it bad. i ended up riding my bike home for the first time tonight. it was pretty sweet. my back brake doesn't stop for shit though.

VFRFLYER
01-12-2007, 04:12 PM
I requested my MCO directly from Roketa the first time on 11/10/06
and the second time on 12/28/06 both times was told it was shipping that day and I still dont have it as of 1/12/07. You suck Roketa!!!!! Im filing a complaint with the BBB as soon as I finish this post S.O.B"s will never see another of my dollars.

FMYStreetRacer
01-12-2007, 06:37 PM
well i got mine today. i came home early from work just to get it. as i pulled onto my street the mail man was putting it into my mail box. i grabbed it and headed off to the tax collector....on my un registered roketa 8O . i get there and i pull the mso out of the evolope and dirtcheapmotorsports name is on the back. fuck it i'm going to give it a try i say. no way Jose. i call Rickey and bitch at him for a whle (can't beleive he answered his phone) and he's useless as ussual. then i Called Roketa and Reese is sending me another MSO with my name on the back of it. i paid for over night shipping this time. hopefully i'll have it monday and get this shit all straightened out.

mule3010
01-12-2007, 07:29 PM
FMY. If you still are having trouble getting your mco/mso let me know and I will see what I can do to help you out. I request mine when I place an order and they always arrive prior to the bikes.
Joe

FMYStreetRacer
01-12-2007, 08:28 PM
thank you a million times over!!!!!! if i don't get it right this time from Reese i'll definatly be contacting you.

red2003
01-13-2007, 08:48 AM
The top portion of the back SHOULD say the dealers name. The dealer is then supposed to sign it over to YOU in the second section. In my case Ricky (yes, the same worthless one) will not even answer my phone calls or e-mails, but my DMV said the receipts from eBay and PayPal are enough to establish a Bill of Sale. Gonna go Wednesday to try it. I'll let you guys all know how it turns out.

FMYStreetRacer
01-13-2007, 09:12 AM
they are going to tell you to go pack sand unless maybe you have a signed bill of sale from Rickey with the bikes vin number on the bill of sale. i tried the receipt thing and they said no way.

red2003
01-13-2007, 05:04 PM
they are going to tell you to go pack sand unless maybe you have a signed bill of sale from Rickey with the bikes vin number on the bill of sale. i tried the receipt thing and they said no way.

I got an email in hand from our head of DMV saying the receipts are fine. Every state is different, but in Vermont this will pass. I told them my story, and they said what I have is AOK. If the dealer is not reachable to give you the Bill of Sale, what are you supposed to do??

culcune
01-13-2007, 09:15 PM
The problem with purchasing a bike in a crate can be the MSO issue. One guy from Jetmoto I spoke with prior to purchasing my bike made the point that their bikes were essentially sold as kit bikes. They sent out the MCO and bill of sale, and it is up to you to register it.

I am not trying to defend the dealers, but I have seen many of the ebay dealers say this--"these are sold as off road bikes" or something like that, and that they don't guarantee that you can street register them.

On the other hand, some of you are having to wait quite a long time for your paperwork. The reasoning why it comes separate is sound--if someone got hold of the bike and paperwork, they could "legally" steal it and register it in their name, but waiting weeks shouldn't be part of the process either.

As has been mentioned many times--buy a bike from an authorized dealer who will register the bike for you and back up the warranty. Otherwise, you may have these registration issues. It sucks, but this has been ongoing for the last several months now.

FMYStreetRacer
01-17-2007, 12:57 AM
well i went and tried it again today and i was sent packing again as well. anyone on here know what Rickey's dealer number is or if he even has one? i need this in order to get it done.

edit: mule check your PM's.

John22j
01-17-2007, 09:47 AM
I wonder if you could register it as a dirt bike (OHV) and then come back later and get it licensed for street use -- there should be a process for doing that, and your bike should meet the requirements with turn signals, horn, head/tail lights.

I don't know if they allow you to register homemade vehicles, but that may be another route -- problem might be that when they inspect it they will pretty easily see it was a manufactured bike... hmmm, don't know.

I was only buying a dirt bike anyway, but to get it titled I just sent my unsigned MCO back to MotoFanatix and he filled it out and sent it back to me. Of course your having problems with where you bought yours so that's not apples to apples either.

Truly sucks to have a bike you can't get on the road -- so for people looking to buy, if there's a dealer within 2 hours drive of you would you pay an extra $300 and your 4 hours of time to drive and buy from them or risk dealing with all these MCO hassles??? I hope things work out eventually. (Check your state DMV web sites and look at all the laws / procedures - maybe you can find a loophole.)

red2003
01-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi guys. Well I just got back from the Vermont DMV. I have a motorcycle plate in hand, but not without a hassle. I (luckily) found a very nice DMV lady who went the extra mile and got my plate for me. I had e-mailed the DMV last week and got a reply stating my eBay receipts and PayPal invoice would be enough to establish a Bill of Sale since Ricky is a worthless crook of an a$$&%#@. The lady went to her supervisor and said the plate WOULD NOT be issued without a Bill of Sale from Ricky. Well since that is not possible, I was out of luck. I asked to speak with the supervisors supervisor up on the third floor. The DMV lady walked up there for me and came back with a big smile on her face and an, "it's your lucky day". Walked out the door grinning ear to ear and now we just need warmer temps and no snow to get some miles on her. BTW it was 25 below zero last night, not good cycling weather, but the snowmobile got some miles put on it :lol: . I feel for you guys that are still in a lurch because of this useless eBay seller. Definately needs to be reported to the BBB, but that doesn't help your current situation. Any luck getting an MSO signed off directly to you? Also, I DO NOT know Ricky's dealer #. I tried to search for him online in Georgia's business registry, but no luck. Maybe Reese at Roketa can give you his #, if he even has one :evil: . Best of luck guys, moral of the story, don't take "no" for an answer!

culcune
01-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Could Roketa step up and issue an MSO for you guys who dealt with Reese?

I had some issues with my local MVD office in Arizona of all places. Red2003, you bring up a good point of going outside the box to get what you need done, done.

The local Yuma branch has a supervisor who would not recognize the Jetmoto MCO as she didn't think it looked "official" enough. I called Jetmoto, who then issued another MCO as they happened to get more "official" looking MCO's. Again, no luck, but what I was told I could do, and either the lady's husband is a title bond person, or she is connected to title bonds in Yuma, was pay $100 or $150 and have a title bond issued, which would guarantee to the state that the bike was in fact mine. Title bonds are what are used in Arizona to street register quads, so this supervisor thought it would be a good idea to have my Chinese bike registered that way.

Having corresponded with someone here on Chinariders ('eddyfx')who happens to live in Phoenix, he told me about a place that is an off-site licensing place for the Arizona MVD. They do most all paperwork of the MVD, but without the lines, and for about $15 above whatever the state charges (well worth the money pretty much no matter what you are doing!)

When I mentioned going to such a place to the clerk, she gave me the kind of "wink, wink" and did not put my visit with her into the computer. The reason was that it would have flagged me a second time, and that I was required to go to a title bond first.

I had other business to take care of in Phoenix, so took both the old MCO and new one, and both bill of sales (as Jetmoto sent me a new one). I walked in, and the lady at the off-site place was able to get everything done in about 10 minutes. Ironically, she worked off the original ("unofficial-looking") MCO. One thing that 'eddyfx' told me was to not try for a two-year tag as that seemed to send a red flag to the state when he registered his Roketa, and he settled for a one year tag. That is what I did, and there was no hassle. $46 later (including the tax, tag, license plate, and $15 off-site fee) I had a registered Jetmoto!

It just goes to show that you need to try other methods. Red2003 went above the clerks head, and had I tried another MVD office (there is only one in the Yuma area, the next one is about 90 miles away), say in Phoenix, I might have avoided the hassle as well. However, having an off-site office helped a bunch!!

FMYStreetRacer
01-17-2007, 06:21 PM
well believe it or not Rickey actually called me today. he gave me his dealer number and "signed" the mso for me :wink: . he said he was busy moving so that's why it took so long. either way i'll be trying it again on friday. i won't be leaving without a tag this time for sure and if some reason i do it won't be without making a huge scene. i now have eveything that the lady told me i needed. it had better get done for sure now.

red2003
01-17-2007, 07:22 PM
So there's hope for some warranty parts from him, you think? What a putz!

FMYStreetRacer
01-17-2007, 08:35 PM
i wouldn't hold my breath for the parts. if you read roketa's site they are very strict about what must be done in order to get warranty parts. i really don't think that for what he sells the bike for he will be paying for parts out of his own pocket. i'd just deal with Roketa, wich is what i'm going to do.

red2003
01-18-2007, 07:50 AM
i wouldn't hold my breath for the parts. if you read roketa's site they are very strict about what must be done in order to get warranty parts. i really don't think that for what he sells the bike for he will be paying for parts out of his own pocket. i'd just deal with Roketa, wich is what i'm going to do.

Thats probably pretty sound advice. I don't have anything major buggered up, just wondered if he would at least stand behind his ONE YEAR WARRANTY, which was the main reason I bought off him to begin with. :x I still think he's a crook, and he'll not see any more $$ from me. Sad thing is he already had 2 more bikes sold to my Dad and Son in the Spring. You'd think he'd want to hold on to loyal customers like that, ya know? Oh well, lots of other guys selling these bikes at just as good a deals. Live and learn.

VFRFLYER
01-18-2007, 04:22 PM
well believe it or not Rickey actually called me today. he gave me his dealer number and "signed" the mso for me :wink: . he said he was busy moving so that's why it took so long. either way i'll be trying it again on friday. i won't be leaving without a tag this time for sure and if some reason i do it won't be without making a huge scene. i now have eveything that the lady told me i needed. it had better get done for sure now.

Which one of the MCO are you gonna try this time I know you have gotten 2 Did you mail yours to him to get it signed or did he finally send you another. Im still waiting for mine didnt know I could get the expedited shipping. but this one is the one with just my name and addy on the back. should I go ahead and get yet another on the way with his name. Wish I had dynamiite I know someone that needs some stuck up his butt 8O

VFRFLYER
01-18-2007, 04:34 PM

Thats probably pretty sound advice. I don't have anything major buggered up, just wondered if he would at least stand behind his ONE YEAR WARRANTY, which was the main reason I bought off him to begin with. :x I still think he's a crook, and he'll not see any more $$ from me. Sad thing is he already had 2 more bikes sold to my Dad and Son in the Spring. You'd think he'd want to hold on to loyal customers like that, ya know? Oh well, lots of other guys selling these bikes at just as good a deals. Live and learn.

Before I bought I asked about his 1 year warranty he said it was through Roketa not him. and that I could assemble the bike and not void the warranty. After the fact I found that is all a lie read there warranty rules here and also see that it is only 3 months based on the first few letters of VIN. Like I said anyone got dynamite :D

http://www.roketa.com/htm/warranty/index.htm

deputygene
01-18-2007, 05:07 PM
I took my Tank 200 back by the dealers a couple weeks ago to get a part replaced, and to get the bike inspected by DMV. He called me today, DMV had inspected it. Went by got all the paperwork, including my MCO that says dirtbike, and went by the tag place. They looked, said no problem, go get your insurance and they will issue a tag! Started to go by the insurance place right then but I was pushed for time. Hopefully tomorow a tag will be on the back of my bike!

FMYStreetRacer
01-19-2007, 11:32 AM
woo hoo! i just got back from the tax collector and she's tagged now!!!!! i didn't exactly do every thing the right way but it's done and over with.

red2003
01-19-2007, 11:36 AM
woo hoo! i just got back from the tax collector and she's tagged now!!!!! i didn't exactly do every thing the right way but it's done and over with.

If I need any official "dealer signitures" I'll look you up :wink: 8O

Congrats man. Now, rack up some miles on that thing :!:

FMYStreetRacer
01-19-2007, 11:45 AM
If I need any official "dealer signitures" I'll look you up

:lol: :wink:

deputygene
01-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Got mine tagged today also!!

deputygene
01-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Couldn't help it, it is cold here, but I had to go for a ride! New tag, on the road. Only made it 10.5 Km, but it was still fun. Still cruising slow for break in, about 60KPH. Interesting thing about the MCO, stated the bike was an 18.5hp engine!
Now I have heard/seen/read that they are 14.5hp, 16hp or 18.5. Do they use a dartboard to guess power ratings?

FMYStreetRacer
01-19-2007, 11:15 PM
i just got back from my first legal ride as well. i went over to my moms house to say hi. bike ran pretty good. i am going to do the carb mod tomorrow.

my mco said 12.5 hp.

VFRFLYER
02-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi
Does anyone here have Ricky's (dirtcheapmotorsports.com) dealer license number the one he gave obviousely is not correct or maybe not valid the DMV contacted me and said I need to provide the correct number before they mail my title out. He want answer his phone or e-mails from me

Ray

culcune
02-05-2007, 04:26 PM
I think that FMYstreetracer bought his from him as well. Try him...

FMYStreetRacer
02-05-2007, 09:19 PM
for some reson i think it was 068630 but i can't be sure. i wrote it down at work onmy hand and then on my mso. from what i understand that's suppossed to be records. there has got to be a way to find it.

cycleway4
02-09-2007, 08:00 PM
heres my experience with buying from XXX-Motorsports:

ordered bike online Monday,...Jan 15th......was confirmed and picked up by the shippers on the 16th.

After long cross country trek,.....arrived on Tuesday,..Jan 30th.....

Assembled it Wednesday................and ordered the MSO that day.....
paid the extra to have it next-day deliverd.

Proper MSO,.....invoice,.....and bill of sale arrived the next day UPS.....
all paper work very nicely and professionally done.

On Friday Feb. 2nd,......got insurance from Progressive,....then plates and title from DMV..........all with no problems.

And its been snowing ever since!

Steve