PDA

View Full Version : new florida rider

chrism1
09-11-2007, 07:21 PM
expect my bike in a few days,if it comes before the weekend, it will give me a solid few days to go over it.
my biggest concern are the mco,bill of sale registration issues.i live in florida.not being able to ride the bike on street would really suck since i could do it year round!!
any inside help would be appreciated,i think i got a pretty good grip on the prep and pre run stuff 8O

chrism1
09-11-2007, 07:23 PM
btw way i got it from T-Motorsports?????????? $1100.00 shipped

AZ200cc
09-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Welcome :D , And congrats on the bike...Good luck with all the paperwork.

desert_drew
09-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Welcome chrism1! :D

What make/model bike are you getting?

There are several Florida members here. Try searching the "registration issues" forum using 'Florida', you'll find some of your answers that way I'm sure.

Enjoy your bike!

pumpkin
09-11-2007, 11:23 PM
welcome and congrats on the new ride

chrism1
09-12-2007, 04:20 PM
07 lifan 200gy

liverchip
09-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Gratz and welcome!

chrism1
09-16-2007, 07:54 AM
received my bike thursday afternoon.finished assembly that evening.had it out on the trails saturday to break in.logged 90 miles on the trails with it.....ran flawlessly.i have to say i am impressed..
now to go forward with the registration,dmv fun.thanks to all the forum members,lots of great info for an educated purchase and good heads up info.ill go through it during the week and recheck fasteners,chain etc... :P

2007 lifan 200 gy

ChiGongJitsu
09-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I've been thinking of maybe getting a lifan from t-motorsports. It seems enough people on here have purchased from them so they are at least recieving their bikes. I've heard after-sales support isn't so great, but as long as people get their bikes, that's all that matters! Did you buy through ebay or from their website?

katoranger
09-16-2007, 07:49 PM
You may get a better deal from t-motorsports on the initial purchase, but Brian at motoextreme will offer much better support on service after the sale. Plus his bikes are true American Lifan with a warranty.

http://www.motoxtreme.net/994.html $1399 shipped right now.

I didn't buy from Brian, but he has even answered alot of questions that I have had with mine.

I am not saying that a t-motorsports bike is bad, but it if was me I know which way I would go now.

Allen

MOTOXtreme
09-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi folks, Please do your homework before buying anywhere. Too many scams going on right now since these bikes are becoming very popular.

$1,375.00 :wink: Shipped with liftgate service.

chrism1
09-21-2007, 05:38 PM
ok,got title and registered today.....no problems.t-motorsports sent proper paperwork and properly filled out.even overnighted to me.anyway i have about 150 miles on the bike.no problems.there seems to be enough valve lash to cause a little ticking....kinda annoying.should a valve check and adjustment be in order and so after how many miles? :roll:

Q
09-21-2007, 08:36 PM
These engines are nice and quiet at idle but make some valve noise at normal operating RPM once they're warmed up. Go ahead and check the clearance but you'll probably find it OK. Ticking is good, it tells you that your valves are closing. Enjoy the sounds of a push rod air cooled engine. It's the nature of the beast.

Q

ok,got title and registered today.....no problems.t-motorsports sent proper paperwork and properly filled out.even overnighted to me.anyway i have about 150 miles on the bike.no problems.there seems to be enough valve lash to cause a little ticking....kinda annoying.should a valve check and adjustment be in order and so after how many miles? :roll:

katoranger
09-21-2007, 08:44 PM
mine ticks even after a valve adjustment.

Allen