PDA

View Full Version : New Owner in the Dallas Area

John_Allen
09-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Hey yall! My name is John. I bought a new Roketa DB-07 yesterday. If anyone has any tips on where to ride in the Dallas Texas area, I sure would appreciate it. Or if anybody wants a riding partner I’m game. I’m new so you’d have to go easy, but I will try and keep up. Just give me a holler. Also any tips on getting registered in TX would be great.

Thanks, John

jenny
09-13-2007, 10:31 AM
John, welcome and congratz on your purchase. I am also in Dallas and even though I don't know of many places to ride I can help you with parts and support. Where did you purchase your bike from and can we see pics?

mblas3
09-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Hello John,

Welcome to china riders. I live in Irving. Sorry I have no idea when to do any serious trail riding around here, but on here you can get allot of great information to keep riding. You should not have any problems getting registered in Texas, just make sue you have the original MSO.

Mark

AZ200cc
09-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Welcome :D

desert_drew
09-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Welcome John! :D

congratulations!

John_Allen
09-14-2007, 07:46 PM
It’s cool to know there are some other Texas folk here. Next weekend I am going riding at a place near Turner Falls. I think it’s about 2 hours away.

http://www.crossbarranch.com/atv.htm

I have 2 quick questions. I don’t think my seat is on correctly, is there some easy way to pop it off and back on?

Also I need to loosen my chain. I see that all over the place on this site. Is that easy? I’m worried I will unbalance the back tire or get it off center or something if I move it. Sorry I really don’t know much about these machines. I have the DB-07 or RSM-200e I think it’s called. I’m going to search the tech forums right now, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I sure would be thankful.

Also no pictures yet, but I will take some soon. I bought the blue one, and its stil real clean and pretty, LOL

katoranger
09-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Looks like a nice place to ride.

Adjusting the chain is easy. Just loosen the axle and the adjusters. Make sure that when you tighten it back down that the adjuster are spaced the same distance from the swingarm bolt. I usually use a tape measure.

Allen

driller
09-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Someone else posted this link but maybe it will help you:
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/wheretoride.php

by the way welcome, glad to have you :)

John_Allen
09-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks Driller. That is a big help. Looks like there are a lot of places.

culcune
09-15-2007, 12:02 PM
John_Allen, did you ever figure out how to register your bike? There was someone on 'Jetmotogroup' wanting to buy a Lifan GY200, and wondering how to register it. I told him to join this group as there were a few other Texans. (I think you joined Jetmotogroup, too)

John_Allen
09-15-2007, 12:07 PM
I havent gotten it registered yet. I just bought it Thursday so hopefully the paper work should be in the mail soon.

Ill post any tips or issues I have as soon as I try though. Im nervous about it after reading everything I have seen, but hopefully it will go smooth.

I plan to dazzle them with paperwork.

madmanjustice
09-15-2007, 06:19 PM
my bike is an older Roketa DB-07 and is titled, registered and street legal in Texas (of course I bought it that way, but I digress) there is no reason for you to have any problems getting your bike plated if all of your paperwork is in order.

pumpkin
09-16-2007, 08:43 PM
welcome and i hope you get it legal ok

John_Allen
09-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks man, I got the oil changed and the chain adjusted today. The chain was a snap. Thanks again for the instructions!