PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone successfully registered an SSR road bike in PA yet?

HappyAndy
06-02-2016, 12:50 PM
I want to get an SSR rowdy 150 scooter (Honda Big Ruckus knock off). But, as everyone here knows, registering a China bike in the corruptwealth of PA can be a challenge.

It seems that some brands get better treatment than others, so has anyone recently had a success story registering an SSR dual sport or scooter in PA?

Thanks.

dpl096
06-02-2016, 05:30 PM
I might be wrong but I was under the impression there is an issue in the coding on the VIN that is throwing the commonwealth into a hissy. Since the Hawk has legal documentation of DOT approval and still is denied I can only surmise it might be country of origin for the manufacturing or how its' use is coded ... which again is ridiculous as I'm told the Hawk meets all the equipment standards for a street legal motorcycle in PA... Just my suggestion I wouldn't by anything China made for titling and registering in PA until I had written documentation from the DMV showing approval for the exact make/model Im buying.

BlackBike
06-03-2016, 12:57 AM
I might be wrong but I was under the impression there is an issue in the coding on the VIN that is throwing the commonwealth into a hissy. Since the Hawk has legal documentation of DOT approval and still is denied I can only surmise it might be country of origin for the manufacturing or how its' use is coded ... which again is ridiculous as I'm told the Hawk meets all the equipment standards for a street legal motorcycle in PA... Just my suggestion I wouldn't by anything China made for titling and registering in PA until I had written documentation from the DMV showing approval for the exact make/model Im buying.

Good advice , happy, you better pay them a visit and do your homework first .