PDA

View Full Version : Registering Bashan Blaze in PA

phager76
07-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Well, I'm finally getting off my butt and trying to get my Blaze registered in the great communist republic of Pennsylvania. I bought the Blaze over the Hawk after much discussion with APSCUSA and they told me that getting the Hawk registered in PA is well nigh impossible due to issues with stampings on one of the data plates. They told me that the Blaze was a lot easier to register, and that ultimately lead me to buy the Blaze.

So today, I went down to my local notary, expecting to be unable to title it at this point (If for no other reason then I forgot my insurance card on it), and I wasn't surprised to find that I couldn't title it. The only issue they saw was that the MCO/MSO wasn't notarized, since this great state requires a notarized MCO, even though the dealers state doesn't.

I've written to APSCUSA and requested a notarized MCO, as well as a replacement fuel tank cover that was damaged in transit (I was told that they'd send me a new one after I notified them of it, but it never showed, and I've recieved to response to emails regarding it, which has me concerned about after sale care, but I will withhold judgement until I see how this all unfolds). The good side is that the notary said that other then having to do the long form for the title, the foresee no issues with titling it.

So anyone who is attempting this in PA, here's what I was told you need. A notarized MCO/MSO, a signed bill of sale, an odometer disclosure, current valid insurance (Required to get the plate), and the bike for VIN inspection. As with any title transfer, you'll also need your drivers license and all applicable fees, for me with a $1400 bike in Washington county (6% sales tax) the total will be $240 for Tax, Title, and License.

I'll keep this updated as progress occurs. I'm hoping that APSCUSA doesn't balk at the notarized MCO, as that will force me into the Vermont route. but we'll see how that goes.

Hope this helps some of you out there.

Pat

dpl096
07-01-2016, 08:09 PM
wishing to the best of luck!

BlackBike
07-01-2016, 08:42 PM
This is good news, you have been given a clear path to platedom.. they will get what you need, just may take a little while. Those PA plates do look nice.

Merlin
02-24-2017, 10:16 PM
Well, I'm finally getting off my butt and trying to get my Blaze registered in the great communist republic of Pennsylvania. I bought the Blaze over the Hawk after much discussion with APSCUSA and they told me that getting the Hawk registered in PA is well nigh impossible due to issues with stampings on one of the data plates. They told me that the Blaze was a lot easier to register, and that ultimately lead me to buy the Blaze.

So today, I went down to my local notary, expecting to be unable to title it at this point (If for no other reason then I forgot my insurance card on it), and I wasn't surprised to find that I couldn't title it. The only issue they saw was that the MCO/MSO wasn't notarized, since this great state requires a notarized MCO, even though the dealers state doesn't.

I've written to APSCUSA and requested a notarized MCO, as well as a replacement fuel tank cover that was damaged in transit (I was told that they'd send me a new one after I notified them of it, but it never showed, and I've recieved to response to emails regarding it, which has me concerned about after sale care, but I will withhold judgement until I see how this all unfolds). The good side is that the notary said that other then having to do the long form for the title, the foresee no issues with titling it.

So anyone who is attempting this in PA, here's what I was told you need. A notarized MCO/MSO, a signed bill of sale, an odometer disclosure, current valid insurance (Required to get the plate), and the bike for VIN inspection. As with any title transfer, you'll also need your drivers license and all applicable fees, for me with a $1400 bike in Washington county (6% sales tax) the total will be $240 for Tax, Title, and License.

I'll keep this updated as progress occurs. I'm hoping that APSCUSA doesn't balk at the notarized MCO, as that will force me into the Vermont route. but we'll see how that goes.

Hope this helps some of you out there.

Pat

So any updates on how it went? Did you get your part from APSCUSA? Got plates yet?

phager76
02-24-2017, 11:47 PM
Never got the parts for APSCUSA, they pretty much dropped off the planet once the sale was done. I still haven't done the title, at this point I'm going to wait for the MCO from the Scooter I just ordered and title both of them in one fell swoop. I will update once it all gets finalized.

culcune
02-25-2017, 12:36 PM
Did ASPCUSA at least notarize it for you, if not send you the parts?

phager76
02-25-2017, 05:52 PM
Yep, The MCO is notarized and ready to go, so I can't complain about that aspect. I don't want to bad mouth APSCUSA since they followed up on the most important parts, getting the bike to me and getting a legal MCO in a timely fashion. We'll see how Powersports Max is with their follow up and speediness.

At the end of the day, it's just an affordable bike, that I anticpate will get ruffed up a bit anyway. So a little bit of damage isn't the end of the world. If I really want good follow up and dealer support, I would go through CSC, but at the end of the day, I'm a cheap SOB and chose cost over service.