PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a DB-27a

ChiGongJitsu
09-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Hey all,
I took the plunge and bought a new db-27a type dirt bike. It's pictured as having a zongshen engine, disc brakes front and rear, and inverted forks.

Looks super solid, i bought it off ebay from doops powersports. Lol i was a little nervous about getting dooped, but the seller has lots of positive feedback and has sold almost a thousand items on ebay. I got a heck of a deal, 648.13 including shipping! 8O I'll keep you posted on when it arrives and how the setup goes.

Here's a link to the same type of bike (yes i did get yellow lol) I'm thinking of nicknaming it the banana or something lame like that! :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-200CC-DIRT-BIKE-NO-RESERVE-CRF-CR-YFZ-RM-KX-Z50_W0QQitemZ280155354323QQihZ018QQcategoryZ6719QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

katoranger
09-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Not bad, got a good deal on it too. We will need a full report after you get it with detailed pictures.

Allen

ChiGongJitsu
09-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Yes! bike has been shipped! It's being sent through estes-express. That's good for me because they are the ones that delivered my pitbike, so i know who i'm dealing with.

That would be cool if i got the same driver who delivered my pitbike. He was into motorcycles and we chit-chatted about bikes a bit :lol:

Last time they pulled a semi down my street so I'll probably pull our truck up behind it and lift it down into the bed of my Ranger as suggested in one of the other threads.

Last time i was lucky enough to get an assembled bike delivered, so we just lifted it out of the semi and i rolled it right into my garage. But this time it may actually be easier since we have a truck.

I'm psyched! I'll keep you all posted on how it goes! It'll probably still take about a week to get here, since the weekends don't count for most businesses.

ROCK!!!

katoranger
09-28-2007, 04:56 PM
curious to see if it has the big 21"/18" wheels. Didn't say in the description.

Allen

ChiGongJitsu
09-29-2007, 03:42 PM
I think it probably has 16 rear and 19 front rims. I just noticed one thing that seems sort of odd though...the foot peg mounts appear to just attach directly to the engine case.

There are holes on the frame that are where the peg mount plates would normally attach. I might have to just fabricate a plate to strengthen that part up. It's odd, in the pic it just looks like they forgot to put it on...

This may be a case of "let's slap a bike together really quickly for the photos".

I'll keep you posted if it comes with the mount plates or not...shouldn't be too hard to make some if i have to. I don't trust having my pegs held on with one bolt lol.

katoranger
09-29-2007, 04:34 PM
It is probably correct that it has 19/16 wheels. Also alot of old hondas had the pegs bolted to the bottom of the engine case. Just make sure they stay tight and it with be fine. Don't overtighten they will strip. Might want to go down to the hardware store and get some better bolts though.

Nothing wrong with smaller wheels either. Espicially if you are a beginner or smaller.

Allen

idcountryboy1
10-02-2007, 02:38 PM
hey i hear every one talking about the lifan gy6 what is the db 27 class in lifan i cant figure out how to say this like what model is this in the lifan msrry sounds like a bunch of crap

ChiGongJitsu
10-10-2007, 03:11 AM
Well i recieved the bike today, everything is in good working order, except for the rear disc brake resevoir didn't have a cap, so i had to fashion a temporary cap from a cap on a windex refill bottle.

It's a bit bigger than i expected, specs from most sites say the wheelbase is 48 or 49 inches when it's actually 51.

I'm glad it's a little bigger than i expected, because i was a little worried that it might not be big enough.

I'll get some pics up soon...still haven't uploaded them onto my computer.

oh yeah, it's got a 163fml engine, and 46 tooth rear sprocket (didn't count front sprocket yet)

katoranger
10-10-2007, 08:38 AM
So what size wheels does it have? Allen

AZ200cc
10-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Congrats, Hope to see some pics soon.

ChiGongJitsu
10-11-2007, 12:22 AM
It's got 19" front and 16" rear. that ends up putting the seat height at about 31 1/2". It's a perfect fit for me, i'm 5'7" 150 lbs so i'm just tickled to death by this thing :lol:

I'm putting up pics right now in the gallery, just look for chigongjitsu.

The only thing that didn't come in top condition was the rear brake reservoir (hydraulic disc). It was just missing the cap. So for now i cleaned off a cap from a windex refill bottle and taped it on so dirt and dust won't get in. (i'm not going to be riding until i get that 100 percent fixed) well, maybe just around the backyard a bit :wink:

I'll be emailing doops powersports to see if he can help me out and send me a new cap.

I figured the worst case scenario is i have to buy a new reservoir and cap for 2 dollars or however much they are. Then my dad and i will either bleed the brake or i'll have my cousin do it (he's an auto mechanic).

Other than that, it runs great, it's a real improvement over my pit bike (size-wise), and this thing seems to have all the power i'm going to need for a while! I've only been riding for about 6 months.

any questions/comments are welcome 8)

ChiGongJitsu
10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
thought i'd give a quick update...

have gone over all bolts to make sure they're tight, although i didn't loctite yet, i will probably do that over the next few months when snow starts falling

thankfully there was no debris in the tank at all, i checked that a few days ago. I made the "mistake" of running it before checking the tank for debris, but that was only to make sure the motor worked etc...

also i pulled off the airbox and cleaned and oiled the air filter

also, i figured out a great way to fix my rear disc brake reservoir.

it came with no cap, so we had to find one that sort-of fit (a windex refill bottle). today i'm going to take the cap, use my dads dremel tool to grind out the thread pattern in the cap (i'm not going to do any grinding to the actual reservoir, just in case i can find a cap that fits later on). Then to make the cap stay on, i'm going to find some sort of gasket or seal from home depot or something to put around the reservoir to make sure that the cap fits snuggly.

I'll let ya know how that goes.