PDA

View Full Version : Chain protecting clip fittings, and engine management light on ....

linuxyeti
07-15-2016, 05:43 PM
Hi All

Got caught out in some pretty ropey weather today, very wet, and since that, got a couple of problems ..

First off the the chain protecting clip has come loose, the fitting that secured it have come off.

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/Protecting-clip-chain-p/z52-109.htm

Item 10 on this page, can anybody please confirm what fittings I need to get to secure mine back in place.

Also, the engine management light is now constantly on (red), any quick suggestions? The bike seems to be riding fine and so on.

Many thanks in advance.

Tony

Jay In Milpitas
07-15-2016, 08:56 PM
I can't help you with the engine management light, sorry.

For the chain clip it also shows parts 6,7,8,9. It uses 4 screws (two 6x12, two 6x16) two flange washers, two "I section pad". I think the pad goes over the flange washer.

You may be able to just use four screws without the other parts, but do not make them very tight or you may damage the clip. Maybe a bit of weather strip adhesive to hold them in place, locktite is too strong.

DanKearney
07-16-2016, 09:16 AM
If the engine management light is on, then the computer senses something out of specification. Even though the engine seems to run right, you should investigate.

I cannot remember where, but somewhere within this "Zonshen RX3" forum there is a post which has the procedure for getting the engine management light to display a sequence of flashes. The same post has a chart which decyphers that flash sequence to point to the problem.

You'll have to do a little searching to find it, but it should help. Good luck.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Azhule
07-16-2016, 10:07 AM
http://www.chinariders.net/showpost.php?p=201049&postcount=7

Try this post ;)

linuxyeti
07-18-2016, 02:08 AM
Hi All

THanks all, I've not had the chance to look at it since Friday, but I will try today.

Cheers

Tony

linuxyeti
07-18-2016, 07:33 AM
Hi All

Well, the chain protecting clip is nice and securely back in place. However, no joy with the engine management light, it simply stays a constant, no flashing, and that includes carrying out the routine in the thread listed above :-(.

I'm hoping it's just abit of water ingress somewhere, and once everything has dried out, it should clear.

Just out of curiosity, can you reset the fault light, that way, if there is a problem, after it's been reset the fault should re-appear?

Thanks

Tony

linuxyeti
07-18-2016, 08:55 AM
Hi

Just an update, I've disconnected the battery, and also, disconnected the ECU, however, I still get the solid engine warning light, which I can't get to flash at all, any other suggestions?

Cheers

Tony

BlackBike
07-18-2016, 09:20 AM
Hi

Just an update, I've disconnected the battery, and also, disconnected the ECU, however, I still get the solid engine warning light, which I can't get to flash at all, any other suggestions?

Cheers

Tony

So you are saying that after you disconnected the battery for 10 min, then reconnected the battery, the solid trouble light came back on after running the engine.?
This seems to indicate there is a persistent fault

Then , without cranking over the engine, you turned the key switch to on/ off for 3 cycles and it did not start flashing a code? :hmm:

I am just following the instructions as I u Der stood them from that spud link. So just wondering if you did what I did in my mind.

You might try to intentionally cause a fault by disconnecting a device in the system and see if It would then give you a flash code. Therefore you could see if the cpu is functioning as programed. :shrug:

The other thing which I would try is re-seat all the connections using dielectric grease (not a popular thing to say) , you know how electronics are. One little bit of disorder and they lose their mind.

Hopefully it's in the dry with a circulating fan and it will fix the issue, might take awhile although.

katflap
07-18-2016, 01:19 PM
Hi

Cheers

Tony

It can take a full minute with the ignition on before the MIL light begins to flash.

You might want to check out my thread here

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14758

Ive just added some new download links in my last post.

:tup:

linuxyeti
07-19-2016, 06:51 AM
Hi Katflap

Thanks for that, I'll download them, and have a play. However, in the meantime, I've managed to get the flashing fault, which equates to .

P0850

Which isn't on the table posted on the other thread, on other ecu's this seems to indicate 'park/neutral' switch input?

The neutral light works as it should, so, has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Tony

katflap
07-19-2016, 12:02 PM
According to this manual for a different bike that uses the Delphi ECU,

It can also indicate a problem with the clutch switch.

You might want to check out page 63

https://mega.nz/#!Iw4CzArR!Llf3tbatLAhL0FAi2WaxI8KB9lHUrhoQY1VQvwJ 33ws

Also I've updated my link again on the last post here

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14758

this is a more organised download than what I did yesterday and I think probably more useful

:)