PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Riders

Entropy
07-24-2016, 07:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qBlj5LSw_0&feature=youtu.be

A quick video to start out. We'll be posting more later.

Hope you enjoy.

Azhule
07-24-2016, 08:09 PM
What bikes am I looking at in the video? One kind of looks like a Bashan Storm 250

Every few seconds I was thinking "Big drop, that's going to be a not so fun fall!... ok... going back over where it's somewhat 'safe'..." every time the bike kicked over while going up that hill.

How's the breathing up at 10,000 feet? It's a blast watching friends and family coming up from sea level and visiting us at ~6,000 :hehe: watch them start gasping for air after a few minutes of easy tasks/shopping :D

Entropy
07-24-2016, 08:44 PM
They're both Haosen Hawk 250's.

Let's just say that for most of the ride up and down I was riding the side opposite the drop off.

Air is fine up there, I live at 5000' elevation and really didn't notice a difference up there.

Entropy
08-04-2016, 11:33 PM
https://youtu.be/KH8PM9DzU-Y

Another video, another wreck.

Feel free to comment. Is it okay to have this thread here out should I get it moved to the videos/pics thread? I just figured that because it's an enduro you guys would like to see it here.

hertz9753
08-04-2016, 11:53 PM
I'm fine with in being in here. You guys should invest in some protective equipment starting with helmets. I also saw two chances for a rear brake check and pass. :D

Entropy
08-05-2016, 03:26 AM
Would a pot strapped to my head work? I'm a Chinarider so it's gotta be cheap. Seriously though, yeah I have a helmet but don't wear it because I get so hot. I'll give it a go though next time on your recommendation. Most of my crashes my head has faired okay but my shins take a beating from trying to jump off the bike.

(My bike's the fast green one BTW)

pete
08-05-2016, 03:39 AM
Would a pot strapped to my head work? I'm a Chinarider so it's gotta be cheap. Seriously though, yeah I have a helmet but don't wear it because I get so hot. I'll give it a go though next time on your recommendation. Most of my crashes my head has faired okay but my shins take a beating from trying to jump off the bike.

(My bike's the fast green one BTW)

What would/could have been the out come if yer head had hit one
of those rocks on the ground...

spend the rest of yer life in a wheel chair drippling...while yer family
spend money and there life looking after yer....

Ware a cycle helmet if nothing ealse for yer familys sake if not yer own..

Weldangrind
08-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Extra points for the dramatic dubstep.

X3 on helmets.

BlackBike
08-05-2016, 06:59 PM
What would/could have been the out come if yer head had hit one
of those rocks on the ground...

spend the rest of yer life in a wheel chair drippling...while yer family
spend money and there life looking after yer....

Ware a cycle helmet if nothing ealse for yer familys sake if not yer own..

It's true, i have seen that look on victims eyes after they have cracked their coconuts and loading them on to the halo flight.

Get one that's large and actually fits with no pressure. I got mine one size larger for my Mellon because I knew if it was not comfortable I would not put it on.

motopat
08-07-2016, 08:29 AM
Last September I lost it and my $100.00 Bell full face saved my face and maybe my life. The chin bar was broken thru, the forehead area was cracked and the shield was in two pieces. If not for that full face cover, MY face would have been wiped off of my head. I get the whole freedom thing. Make up your own mind, this motorcycling thing is risky and it's all about managing that risk to our individual comfort. Things happen pretty fast and I can't protect myself by myself all of the time so I always wear a helmet.

dpl096
08-07-2016, 10:43 AM
Pete is right ..... pick up a garage sale helmet or even a bicycle helmet if you have to.

Entropy
08-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Like I said, I have a helmet and next time out will wear it...my crazy Serbian buddy on the red bike is another story but he is looking for one as well.

BlackBike
08-08-2016, 12:32 AM
We don't care...we just want future posts from you so that we may be entertained :p

Entropy
08-08-2016, 03:10 AM
We don't care...we just want future posts from you so that we may be entertained :p

Feel free to subscribe, you might even see a video with a helmet in it!

Entropy
08-09-2016, 04:04 AM
Last September I lost it and my $100.00 Bell full face saved my face and maybe my life. The chin bar was broken thru, the forehead area was cracked and the shield was in two pieces. If not for that full face cover, MY face would have been wiped off of my head. I get the whole freedom thing. Make up your own mind, this motorcycling thing is risky and it's all about managing that risk to our individual comfort. Things happen pretty fast and I can't protect myself by myself all of the time so I always wear a helmet.

What happened? On a trail ride?

motopat
08-09-2016, 08:37 AM
I high sided on a streetbike and was very fortunate to walk away.

Entropy
09-16-2016, 02:54 AM
Today's ride didn't go so well.

Azhule
09-16-2016, 03:14 AM
:cry: Ouch! Hope only the bike took the beating, bending parts like that on the human body HURTS

2LZ
09-16-2016, 09:58 AM
Holy crap! I've never seen or heard of so many bent front wheels in my life!
Hope you came out unscathed.

Weldangrind
09-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Oh dear. That taco'd rim is nearly a burrito.

Are you ok?

pete
09-16-2016, 03:46 PM
now for a USD front end transplant..

Entropy
09-16-2016, 11:38 PM
I'm mostly okay. No broken bones, lost some blood due to a puncture wound on my leg. Sore as heck. I was wearing a helmet like many suggested (thank you). Now to get some shin guards.

hertz9753
09-17-2016, 01:05 AM
I'm mostly okay. No broken bones, lost some blood due to a puncture wound on my leg. Sore as heck. I was wearing a helmet like many suggested (thank you). Now to get some shin guards.

Did you jump off a hill and land on a rock with the front wheel? It's good to hear that you are okay and wearing a helmet. You should also replace that helmet because the foam inside did it's job and probably compressed where your head hit the ground.

Entropy
09-17-2016, 01:56 AM
My head didn't take a hit at all but good info to know. I was going up a very steep hill and was sitting back too far so I wheelied at the top and by the time the front wheel came down I was already headed down the other side straight for that rock.

First picture is of where I went up, second picture is from where I went down looking up, third picture is from the side.

culcune
09-17-2016, 03:03 AM
Holy crap! I've never seen or heard of so many bent front wheels in my life!
Hope you came out unscathed.

Are Hawk front wheels made out of cardboard :)

Weldangrind
09-17-2016, 10:02 AM
My head didn't take a hit at all but good info to know. I was going up a very steep hill and was sitting back too far so I wheelied at the top and by the time the front wheel came down I was already headed down the other side straight for that rock.

It must've been a bear to get your bike out of there! So glad you were not seriously injured.

Entropy
09-18-2016, 01:09 AM
It must've been a bear to get your bike out of there! So glad you were not seriously injured.

Thanks, Weld, so am I. Yeah, it was a chore getting it out if there, I'll post a link to the video when it's done.

I think Hawk rims are steel. Should I go for an aluminium one?