PDA

View Full Version : Taotao ATA-125F1

culcune
08-25-2016, 11:16 PM
I have one arriving within the next few days. Unfortunately not for me, but a teen girl self-help/group home is buying one through me to raffle off. Part of the deal is I will put it together. Technically, they ordered it through my friends at Excalibur Motorsports, and I will get some money to assemble it. Anything I should be aware of with this particular model that anyone can think of? It has been around for a few years, now, and I do remember reading about one member a few years back who owned this quad, and I remember reading nothing but good things about it for the riding he did around his farmland, but that is all I remember. If anyone has any info before I dig into the box(es), please let me know...

http://taotao.us/index.cfm/atvs/ata-125f1/

BlackBike
08-25-2016, 11:20 PM
I have one arriving within the next few days. Unfortunately not for me, but a teen girl self-help/group home is buying one through me to raffle off. Part of the deal is I will put it together. Technically, they ordered it through my friends at Excalibur Motorsports, and I will get some money to assemble it. Anything I should be aware of with this particular model that anyone can think of? It has been around for a few years, now, and I do remember reading about one member a few years back who owned this quad, and I remember reading nothing but good things about it for the riding he did around his farmland, but that is all I remember. If anyone has any info before I dig into the box(es), please let me know...

Hehe, you haven't herd this in a while, pics required....have fun with the Build!

Tao125f1
08-26-2016, 01:37 AM
Mine is a 2012 it was no different then my 125d and 150d to put together. Took me 3 or 4 days to get it together. But I'm disabled and kept falling asleep. The only thing I have done to it was change spark plug replaced carb and engine sprocket to 12 tooth. Good luck putting it together.

david3921
08-26-2016, 11:49 PM

I bought my grandson the 125D a few months ago. It came all assembled except for the handle bar, racks, tires, and the front steering arms, brakes, and bottom of the shocks. It was pretty easy to assemble but we took our time as I wanted him to put most of it together so he could brag a little. Most every bolt has a lock nut so no worries there. Mine came with remote starter which is nice while he learns. The only thing to be aware of is the front might need to be alined. One side was pretty close while the other was quite off. They can be only alined for toe, however, with the adjustment being on the arms.

culcune
08-27-2016, 11:39 AM
I have a feeling it won't come mostly assembled because of Murphy's Law, LOL I guess the people at Taotao's So. Cal. warehouse are on slow-motion time; Excalibur told me that Taotao told them they didn't ship it out Friday morning, nor even Friday afternoon, and were told it will probably go out on MOnday afternoon?! That is the problem with drop-shipping, and no, I did not expect Excalibur to ship it for me.

culcune
08-30-2016, 11:26 PM
Quad arrived! Big unopened box in the carport...pictures eventually to follow, LOL

culcune
09-01-2016, 12:43 AM
Okay, first photo--lovely box isn't it?

BlackBike
09-01-2016, 02:10 AM
Your building for a camp group or something, right?

culcune
09-01-2016, 07:37 AM
A group home.

Darth Racer
09-01-2016, 08:14 PM
I remember when I picked mine up at the shipping depot. The guy on the forklift didn't believe there was a full size adult ATV in the box. He thought I had to ship it back for wrong item sent. LOL

FLASHLIGHTBOY
09-02-2016, 09:45 PM
make sure you check all the castellate nuts ... remove the cotter pins and tighten them some more... they usually are about 2 turms loose... and the tie rods... add more flat washers so the cotter pins go into the slots on the nuts.... make sure the spread is the same on both sides to align the chain properly..... this is what I do on every 125 F1 I sell

keithert
09-07-2016, 01:03 PM
We had a 2008 125-G model from 2012 until this year. Other than having a really harsh suspension it served my 10 year old son well. It usually started right up. I took off and cleaned it's carb about once a year. I paid $475 for it and sold it for $450 4 years later.

culcune
09-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Okay, got around to opening the box...and, assembly!

culcune
09-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Not many photos 'between'. Sorry for that, and it didn't involve too many swear words...

culcune
09-08-2016, 08:31 PM
The finished product...

Darth Racer
09-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Looks sharp in red... do those turn signals work? Looks like a full sized adult ATV

And you had atmosphere in the tires straight out of the crate.. seems to be some sort of high end deluxe model.

culcune
09-09-2016, 09:57 PM
I am hesitant to even connect the battery up. Long story short--the raffle is in November. The organization is about 55 miles west of me in the El Centro area. Putting gasoline, or oil, or hooking up the battery will make the inner-Chinese come out and something will not work in November :)

I am NOT in business, but I do feel responsible to them as my 'customers', so would like them to get the quad out to show off, sell raffle tickets, and keep the quad looking as new as possible. I can guide the winner through an oil change and all that.

It is not deluxe as far as I can tell, but came out of the L.A. warehouse, if that makes a difference; ie other warehouses, or online retailers, might have older models? It is actually a burgundy color, although with the shadow of the carport, it looks red in the photos, and burgundy always makes cars and other vehicles look a little more 'deluxe' imo. It states it is a '16 model. My friends at Excalibur Motorsports had them drop ship it right to me, and the tires were mostly inflated, although, to be honest, I probably should check the tire pressure (one of the goodies in the misc. parts box, besides a cheap tool set, was a tire gauge!?) I was sweaty and happy to have it together after dark, so I will probably fiddle with it tomorrow (i.e hook up the battery to test the electrics)