PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for new RX3 accessories

detours
09-07-2016, 04:24 PM
CSC already has an awesome accessory catalog for the RX3. But of course, we always want more. Here are some accessories I wish available for the RX3.

Adjustable side stand (to accommodate both lowered and tall RX3s)
Fork travel upgrade kit (with progressive springs)
Wraparound aluminum handguards (like barkbusters)
Aftermarket front brake rotor (stock size)
Folding brake and clutch levers with adjustable reach
Alloy spoked wheels (17" rear, 19" front)
Tubeless wheels (I would consider these, but would probably go with a strong spoked wheel instead)

What accessories/options would you like to see?

madsocial
09-13-2016, 08:22 AM
CSC already has an awesome accessory catalog for the RX3. But of course, we always want more. Here are some accessories I wish available for the RX3.

Adjustable side stand (to accommodate both lowered and tall RX3s)
Fork travel upgrade kit (with progressive springs)
Wraparound aluminum handguards (like barkbusters)
Aftermarket front brake rotor (stock size)
Folding brake and clutch levers with adjustable reach
Alloy spoked wheels (17" rear, 19" front)
Tubeless wheels (I would consider these, but would probably go with a strong spoked wheel instead)

What accessories/options would you like to see?

I agree 100% with your whole list. Perhaps with time we will see some of these things become available. Right some of your list is available, but you are having to visit a million sites, or search through a million threads to see what Zongshen owners have been using off of KTM or Honda bikes. This gets exhausting, because there is so much information. A one stop shop is more ideal.

To add to your list:
- A good touring windscreen that isn't tinted. I find them to be unsafe, if I happen to be commuting home. So, a clear shield would be more ideal.
- Quick release system for the side cases, maybe I want to go naked or use soft luggage. It's a pain in the ass to keep removing screws.
- An aftermarket air filter like K&N. Also, a real pain to remove. I had to actually no re-install a screw because there was no way to get to it and once off, I was not going to deal with that again .
- There is a big bore kit you can order off of some Chinese Amazon type of website. It would be more ideal to have that available. I personally plan on adding that to the bike after the warranty expires. Then the bike will be closer to a 300cc.

As of right now, those are the things I would like to see.

BlackBike
09-14-2016, 12:21 AM
I agree 100% with your whole list. Perhaps with time we will see some of these things become available. Right some of your list is available, but you are having to visit a million sites, or search through a million threads to see what Zongshen owners have been using off of KTM or Honda bikes. This gets exhausting, because there is so much information. A one stop shop is more ideal.

To add to your list:
- A good touring windscreen that isn't tinted. I find them to be unsafe, if I happen to be commuting home. So, a clear shield would be more ideal.
- Quick release system for the side cases, maybe I want to go naked or use soft luggage. It's a pain in the ass to keep removing screws.
- An aftermarket air filter like K&N. Also, a real pain to remove. I had to actually no re-install a screw because there was no way to get to it and once off, I was not going to deal with that again .
- There is a big bore kit you can order off of some Chinese Amazon type of website. It would be more ideal to have that available. I personally plan on adding that to the bike after the warranty expires. Then the bike will be closer to a 300cc.

As of right now, those are the things I would like to see.

300cc! , snap...go on girl :)

RedHawk47
09-14-2016, 12:25 AM

The windscreen from Thailand is available in clear; you just have to ask for it that way.
I had one but sold it because it was made with ordinary acrylic - which can shatter. To be DOT approved it must be made of modified acrylic or polycarbonate.

SpudRider
10-19-2016, 04:15 AM
I have been asking for stiffer, aftermarket fork springs since I first received my RX3. ;) A fork upgrade kit with increased travel would be even better.

A better front brake rotor is available from Taobao, but I might have found an aftermarket alternative which is available in the United States. I just need to verify the diameter of the circle which contains the bolt holes. ;)

willy dog
10-19-2016, 05:12 PM
my suggestion would be for every one to have taters tonight welcome back spud you were missed

SpudRider
10-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Thank you, Willy.

detours
10-21-2016, 08:35 PM
I have been asking for stiffer, aftermarket fork springs since I first received my RX3. ;) A fork upgrade kit with increased travel would be even better.

A better front brake rotor is available from Taobao, but I might have found an aftermarket alternative which is available in the United States. I just need to verify the diameter of the circle which contains the bolt holes. ;)

That would be awesome! I emailed EBC about a replacement rotor and have them the dimensions of the stock one, but they never answered.