PDA

View Full Version : Kazuma 110 mod.

liverchip
10-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Well, it finally happened, The little quad that could has died. Loss of compression. After checking the price on a new head(intake valve has failed) at over 100$, I've decided it's mod time. I have found a Lifan 125cc motor for 150$ picked up. I picked up the motor and will be slapping that little puppy in the little beast and adding a clutch lever. I lose reverse, but gain a gear. We'll see how it goes. As the motor is geared for a pit bike, the tranny should be set up for a 12" rear tire. Might be a bit low as the rear tire on the quad is a bit smaller, but we'll see. For 150$ I'll be happy to see it move again.

ChiGongJitsu
10-15-2007, 01:16 AM
the 125cc motor in my pitbike is pretty fast, i'm sure that new motor will make your quad fly!

it probably uses the same chain size, so you'll probably have a relatively easy time getting it set up i hope.

keep us posted!

liverchip
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Everything went suprisingly well. The motor is in, just awaiting the correct sprocket as Lifan has a bit larger output shaft diameter. As luck would have it, it's the same as my bike which made it easy.

Believe it or not it uses a 520 chain.

liverchip
10-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Incidentally I would have ordered the sprocket from Endless Journey, but As I live in a small town, I like to support my local bike shop whenever possible.