PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NY

Adam
10-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey everybody I'm new to ChinaRider and motorcycles as well. When I was younger I had a Yamaha 350 and only a learners permit. Needles to say that I got busted by the cops for riding without a motorcycle license(My insurance went up 50%, I strongly recommend getting your license), and gave up riding after a couple of close accidents( I was going way too fast and had no riding experience). I'm 36 now and I started off looking for a moped to travel to and from my job sites. I'm in the construction/stone mason trade and I have a 1 ton truck and trailer. It seemed waist full(diesel/ wear on my truck) to keep commuting with my truck and trailer, so I decided to leave my truck and trailer at the job site and commute with a smaller bike that I could fit in my truck bed. A friend of mine suggested buying a on/off road bike instead of a moped, which seemed like not only a better idea, but more fun as well. After doing a LOT of research and finding MANY scams online I found Brian @ http://www.motoxtreme.net/901.html. The Lifan LF200GY-5 seems like a great bike for the money. So far I've asked Brian many questions(both on the phone and email) and have been very satisfied with his replies. I usually don't ask so many questions, and aren't so skeptical when purchasing something online(I do it all the time), but there seems to be a lot of scams surrounding buying motorcycles online. Brain has really taken the time to answer all of my questions, and has been very patient and understanding of my skepticism about purchasing an online bike. I put in my order for 2 Lifan LF200GY-5's and some extra parts on 10/23/07 after 6pm. My friend(who ordered the 2nd bike) is a top notch mechanic. I will keep everybody posted on the quality of the bikes, and my dealings with Brian(Which I'm sure will be extremely satisfactory). Just passed my written motorcycle test, and I can't wait to start getting some ridding in so that I can finally get my motorcycle license. Take it easy everyone, and thanks for all of the useful information that I have gathered from this site.
Adam

pumpkin
10-23-2007, 06:48 PM
welcome and congrats on the new bike. by the way good luck with your m/c license.

Phil_R
10-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey Adam,

Welcome to China Riders... I've watched for your first post. Nice talking to you earlier, best of luck with your new motorcycle.

AZ200cc
10-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Welcome :D I am sure You will be happy with the bike and Brians service...He has a good reputation on this site.

Adam
10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey Pumpkin...thanks. Phil, thanks for the information that you gave me over the phone, it was good talking to you. Take it easy guys, talk to you soon.

Adam
10-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Hey AZ200cc.

Q
10-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Hello Adam,

Be sure to go through the old posts on this site to learn what should be done to the new bikes, greasing, chain adjusting, brake pad cutting, etc.. I'm sure you'll like the bikes.

Q

Adam
10-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Thanks Q

ambassador
10-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Welcome Adam,
Make sure to check out the bike prep thread, it's chock full of stuff you need to know as well as everything else on this site... I recommend you read it ALL...

Adam
10-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey thanks ambassador.

HARDKICKR
10-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Whats up Adam.. I'm from NY too, Yonkers, and would like to get some people to ride with.. You and your friend ordered a bike each and with me, thats 3 GY's.. That'll make for some fun rides, and cool pics.. Lemme know we're meeting and what time.. LOL

- Tommy

Adam
10-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Hey Tommy, I'm located in upstate NY about two hours from Yonkers. Have you had a chance to ride yet? What do you thin k about the bike so far?

principal
10-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Welcome Adam, I was a lot like you, skeptical but hopeful, asked a lot of questions, got a lot of research under my belt before buying. This site is absolutely awesome for tips and tricks to keeping these bikes running well. Congrats on the bike. Being a diehard BoSox fan, (so sorry to anyone from Colorado, but that first game was so so very sad!) I have trepidations about being able to communicate with someone from Yankee territory, but I hope we can put that behind us.
:roll:

HARDKICKR
10-27-2007, 03:30 AM
Bike is not completely assembled yet.. Did the easy stuff by myself, but putting the wheels on, and getting it fired up tomorrow with my Dad.. I'll let ya know how it goes.. Just got my helmet and gloves today.. Colors match pretty well.. Got a good deal and free shipping from www.motorcyclesuperstore.com . Talk to ya soon bro.