PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Hawk New York SUCCESS!!!

IMPORT_CIRCUS
01-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Just got back from local DMV with plates!
what a pain in the rear.
Lady just would not accept any of the bill of sales I got from APSCUSA, after about 5 minutes of talking and figuring things out, she said that IF I can get APSCUSA to Fax a copy to them she would accept it, called Don and that was not an issue, he had it to them within 5 minutes.
after that it was wham bam.

time to celebrate..... temp this morning here was 9F, thursday it will be over 50F, so I'll be riding to get an inspection in January (pretty rare here in NY.)
:thanks:

JerryHawk250
01-10-2017, 04:01 PM
That's Great!!!! :clap: Glad it worked out for you.

culcune
01-10-2017, 07:28 PM
I had issues in Arizona with my TMEC 200, and that is DOT/EPA certified (not that AZ cares about DOT)! I had to have the MVD office call Excalibur Motorsports and have them confirm the MCO. Kind of a pain, but I was not worried. Glad to see you holding plates, because it seems to have been hit or miss with New York with NY members and Hawks, and some people didn't even try and bought Bashan bikes instead rather than waiting to find out the hard way.

Same with Pennsylvania members--hit or miss, but a member, just last week I believe, had success with plating a Hawk in Penn.

Emerikol
01-11-2017, 05:24 AM
Great news, IC! I'm sure you'll have a pile of fun on the Hawk once it gets a little warmer up that way. What mods/upgrades/farkles have you done on your Hawk so far?

IMPORT_CIRCUS
01-11-2017, 05:41 PM
Thanks all!
mods so far, swapped the exhaust, put in a Mikuni clone, digital cluster, LED headlight, LED turn signals, MSR shift arm, got an iridium plug in her, o-ring chain, also I did the air box mod and got rid of the blinker alarm. I have a sprocket set also but I have not experimented with them yet. ohh! dont forget the MOTOCHEEZ key fob.

timcosby
01-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Thanks all!
mods so far, swapped the exhaust, put in a Mikuni clone, digital cluster, LED headlight, LED turn signals, MSR shift arm, got an iridium plug in her, o-ring chain, also I did the air box mod and got rid of the blinker alarm. I have a sprocket set also but I have not experimented with them yet. ohh! dont forget the MOTOCHEEZ key fob.

did the oem exhaust have a cat in it?

IMPORT_CIRCUS
01-15-2017, 12:27 AM
did the oem exhaust have a cat in it?

Yes. and my MCO states bike is a 2016

tzalmaves
05-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Interesting, when I called NY DMV they said the motorcycle has to have an NHTSA placard on the frame, which the Hawk lacks (I think).