PDA

View Full Version : new-to-me 94 C10

Sport Rider
02-06-2017, 10:35 AM
picked this up over the weekend. 15k miles. rebuilt title due to theft recovery. overall pretty good, but needs caught up on TLC types of things. only real issue I have found is with the starter which buzzes prior to engaging and turning over the motor. I have a spare motor though, so should be able to solve it.

other than that, replace brake rotors, fork seal, change fluids, etc...

Sport Rider
02-06-2017, 01:24 PM
...and if you'd like to follow my C10 Leading Link/Sidecar install thread on the ADV forum, here's the link

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/concours-1000-leading-link-and-car.1203160/

ben2go
02-06-2017, 10:42 PM
You sir are a crazy man.

Sport Rider
02-06-2017, 10:46 PM
You sir are a crazy man.

only mildly insane. :hmm:

JerryHawk250
02-07-2017, 08:12 AM
Nice bike! I could see myself on that.:D

Sport Rider
02-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Nice bike! I could see myself on that.:D

Stop by and pick it up. about an hour and you're in the twisties! :tup:

JerryHawk250
02-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Stop by and pick it up. about an hour and you're in the twisties! :tup: I've been looking for a used Yamaha VMax. This has been my dream bike. Back in the early 90's a friend of mind had one and I road it a few times. Man that thing had some power. His first week he owned it he ran into the rear of a car trying to pass it. He learned quick to change lane 1st before hitting the gas to pass. lol It ran mid 10's in the 1/4 mile stock from the factory.
I found this one on craigslist but won't be able to go look at it till the weekend. It will more than likely be gone by then. https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/mcy/5969706417.html

Sport Rider
02-07-2017, 10:57 AM
that looks like a pretty good price for an 06 model.

emptyschmitz
02-07-2017, 02:51 PM
I loved my C10. Fantastic solid bike, well engineered, could go for miles then play in the twisties without breaking a sweat. Popped my US129 cherry on that bike and have some great shots from that trip. Built a hitch for her out of scrap, wired up a trailer and towed two mopeds behind me on a 10 day road trip with my GF, hitting up two moped rallies in between. THAT was fantastic too and the Connie was an absolute trooper! Same color too, though mine was a 99. Enjoy that bike! With the PM you are going to put into it, she'll be a faithful ride for you!

Sport Rider
02-07-2017, 04:36 PM
I loved my C10. Fantastic solid bike, well engineered, could go for miles then play in the twisties without breaking a sweat. Popped my US129 cherry on that bike and have some great shots from that trip. Built a hitch for her out of scrap, wired up a trailer and towed two mopeds behind me on a 10 day road trip with my GF, hitting up two moped rallies in between. THAT was fantastic too and the Connie was an absolute trooper! Same color too, though mine was a 99. Enjoy that bike! With the PM you are going to put into it, she'll be a faithful ride for you!

my main ride is my 05 C10, so I'm right there with you on the value of them. your 99 is Barney Purple. mine 94 is actually burgundy. I like the color compared to my TAN 05 model. :)

I'm thinking you need to figure out how to tow that BMW behind your C10. take that to the Cherohala skyway and have fun! :tup:

Weldangrind
02-11-2017, 02:12 PM
I still flirt with the idea of buying an old Connie. What has slowed me down is the cost of replacement parts, as I learned with my KLR250. That said, it's very well engineered; best motor quality I've seen on a 250.

Sport Rider
02-12-2017, 09:48 AM
I still flirt with the idea of buying an old Connie. What has slowed me down is the cost of replacement parts, as I learned with my KLR250. That said, it's very well engineered; best motor quality I've seen on a 250.

the big plus on this one is that they were manufactured practically identical for 20 years. there was a change to the front end in 92, but otherwise, the only minor change was to the dash. used parts are very plentiful. if you are a tinkerer, there are a number of mods that have been well engineered by other C10 owners.

my 05 model has a ZRX1100 front end, but others have replaced only the wheel with 17 inch and modified brake mounts and calipers for better tire choices and better braking. I replaced the rear wheel of mine with a Meanstreak version which is 17 inch as well. a slight bit of milling work and it's a perfect fit with the brake caliper. just need to source a different rotor to bolt up to the meanstreak pattern. shocks from other models help suspension. then there's mechanicals. replacement camshafts and carb modifications allow for some changes to match riding style from HP to torque in usable ranges. in all, it's a great bike to tinker with. most important, every time I get on it to ride, I just love it. :yay:

Sport Rider
03-26-2017, 09:58 PM
here's the current configuration of the C10.....

Sport Rider
04-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Made a blast from Charlotte to Jacksonville and back yesterday. this followed me home.

the gelcoat is a bit rougher than I expected, so paint will be a must. I'll get it done in maroon to match the bike. should look great.

everything else about it seems great. I had some cleaner I applied to the seat and body. it looks pretty good.

I'll be working on the wiring over the next few weeks. it needs general power for the tilt. also running lights and turn signals. it's got wiring for a radio, I believe, but I'm just going to put in a power adapter for an html connection. my girlfriend uses her iphone for music when riding. I think there's also wiring for an aux headlight. I gotta check the paperwork.

cheesy
04-02-2017, 07:31 PM
That has nice finished interior, unlike the 1943 GAZ Jeep interior in my rig.:lol:

Sport Rider
04-28-2017, 08:44 AM
The bike and sidecar are at the shop this week. My subframe pieces arrived for the C10. the shop I work with only wanted $450 to install the subframe, connect up the wiring harness for power, brake line, and install the rig. absolutely worth the cost compared to doing it myself! I might have it back sometime next week. after that, it's a road trip to Tennessee to have a friend apply paint to match the bike.

Sport Rider
05-02-2017, 02:53 PM
just got a call from the shop. my bike and sidecar are ready. brakes, tilt, lights all working as expected and test ride by the shop was as expected. I'm going to pick it up sometime this week!

Sport Rider
05-07-2017, 07:00 PM
more pics now that I have it home. this setup has FAR exceeded my expectations. it's incredibly easy to drive with the LL front end. far more than the Nomad setup. This one is definitely a keeper. I can't wait to get some color on the sidecar!

Sport Rider
05-07-2017, 07:04 PM
the mounts.

cheesy
05-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Really nice, SR.

Can you get a close up of you steering stabilizer mounting?

Sport Rider
05-07-2017, 09:15 PM
pretty simple really. the front of the axle has a pinch cover with 4 bolts. he used on and bent a bracket attached with a longer bolt.

cheesy
05-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Thanks.

Sport Rider
05-22-2017, 10:30 PM
they make a great grocery getter too!