PDA

View Full Version : WV xf200

xf200
11-05-2007, 01:18 PM
hello everybody im chris from huntington wv let me know if there is anybody else that you come across from wv and maybe we could all get together for a ride?? :D

culcune
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Welcome. There are a few members from WV, who will introduce themselves soon.

xf200
11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
cool maybe they can go and see the bike and let us know what they think but im still getting it i just havent decided a color? :roll:

culcune
11-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Orange is my first choice, but the silver looks good, too.

katoranger
11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Welcome. Pumpkin and SamM are both from WV.

Allen

pumpkin
11-05-2007, 07:26 PM
hello and welcome .sam and i are both from the morgantown area. i'm glad to see others from WV getting into these bikes.

ejcycles
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
xf200

Welcome to Chinariders!! Enjoy the ride!

AZ200cc
11-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Hello and welcome

xf200
11-06-2007, 02:37 PM
thanks everybody i went today and ordered a set of acerbis hand guards for it but i have to wiat until the mid of the month to get it and i talked to the dealer and looked her over again and the frame manufacturer says its a qinqqi or something like that but the plastics say q link ??? but he tried to order 4 more and they told him they was out for a while ....i cant wait :D

culcune
11-06-2007, 03:30 PM
the frame manufacturer says its a qinqqi or something like that but the plastics say q link ???

Qingqi is a Chinese company that has a line of GY-series bikes that uses a Suzuki-based engine, as opposed to the Honda-like engine that most of the Zongshen/Lifan GY-series bikes that most of us have.

Qingqi has a limited presence in the US, mostly scooters, although they have DOT/EPA certification for their new enduro. Several of the Swedish Chinariders.net members here have Qingqi enduro bikes, which eluded us, until now.

Qlink is a brand that has different companies OEM for them. Their old enduro, the X-Ranger 200, was manufactured by Zongshen, and they have now gone to the Qingqi-manufactured XF200. The good thing about them, is that they use higher quality manufacturers as far as Chinese manufacturers go. They have two automatic 250cc cruisers that are manufactured by CFMoto, one of the premium Chinese brands (sounds kind of like an oxymoron :lol: ), and scooters manufactured by who knows, that are also considered "premium" Chinese bikes. The Qingqi, too, is a high quality bike, so don't worry what the manufacturing label says. Plus, you get the Qlink warranty, which another member here will argue is worthless (SamM, you do have to tell the circumstances), which should be honored locally.

xf200
11-06-2007, 03:40 PM
thanks for the info culcune... :D

SamM
11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
If you deal with a reputable dealer, like XF200 is doing the QLink warranty is probably just fine. I bought my QLink X-Ranger 200 from a dealer that was going out of business. They basically sold me a damaged bike and I had no recourse with them. The number has been changed and everything. This dealer was 700 miles away from me too. That makes a difference, as I am not going to just drive over one afternoon. My local QLink dealer did not help me one bit. They had the bike for 2 months, never fixed the other issues, I had with the bike and damaged the bike in the process. The plastics, stickers and e-start were all damaged on my bike while they had it and it was still leaking oil. Oh, they did fix the broken battery terminal! Great! They would say, the bike was damaged before it came in and they had 3 hours worth of work into the bike and they were never reimbursed for their time. I called them today about parts I ordered weeks ago, and they had no idea where the parts were or if they even came in. Did they bother to call me back? Not yet and I'm not counting on it either. If I can order the parts somewhere else, I'll probably just do that. Actually, I just got off the phone with Tim at the Cross Lanes QLink dealership where XF200 bought his bike. They are going to try to help me out with parts and maybe a frame. We'll see what happens! I'm not getting my hopes up for a new frame. I explained to them that I'm willing to pay for the frame. The warranty means nothing to me anymore.

XF200, welcome to the site! That's a great looking bike you have there. I can't wait to ride it! :) We need to get together for a ride. What's halfway between Huntington and Morgantown? My X-Ranger isn't going to do 70mph, so I'll need to travel backroads or bring a different bike. What would you like to ride? A KTM or a Yamaha? :wink:

SamM

xf200
11-14-2007, 06:27 PM
sounds good sam tim is a great guy but i have never had to order anything from them so dont hate me if they drop the ball ( this is there test)... i dont know half way but we'll have to get together after i get mine legal and all and yeah im up for whatever .... chris :twisted:

SamM
11-14-2007, 09:54 PM
XF200,
I'm not a hater, so no worries there! :D They may be able to help me. We'll se what happens. I'll give them a fair shake.

Last week I had shoulder surgery, so I need to heal up for a month or two. Hopefully, Spring will come early this year! I'll get with you!

That bike should be easy to make legal. We can plate anything here in WV. I never had to go to DMV to have either of my chinabikes plated. My Progressive agent did everything for me. Cool!

If you have any questions PM me anytime.

SamM

xf200
11-15-2007, 02:06 AM
sounds good sam i think the half way would be like20 miles or so north of point pleasent way idk well figure it out and hey if they get you taken care of in crosslanes you could go about a block down the street and visit me at work ? :D
im suppost to get a mso in the mail this week but im going to hold it for a while until i think im safe enough ... :oops:

ya know its funny i have driven just about everything and drove all over but i never thought i would be on a bike ?

long haul cali to NY NY out and back in a week

liguid natural gas from every gas hole in ohio wv and ky

and your friendly lowes drive that carries in your refrigerator?
until i crushed my left leg and multiple leg and back surgeries later\
i cant drive a big truck no more :cry:

SamM
11-15-2007, 03:11 PM
No trucks for me anymore either. I drove the big boys in the Army years ago. Oshkosh 915 AWD with the big 65' or 72' trailers. I forget now how big they were.

That bike should come with a title shouldn't it? You shouldn't have to bother with an MSO buying from an in state dealer. When I buy a Japanese bike from a dealer, I get a WV title.

SamM

xf200
11-15-2007, 04:53 PM
yeah but what i did was buy it without doing the taxes and titling so to keep the cost down until i feel im safe enough to be on the main roads... :lol:
oh i stopped by the dealer and he had my new shroud for the tank ya know the one that had a miniature cratch on it .... spare parts right?

SamM
11-15-2007, 08:58 PM
That makes perfect sense then. I'm all for saving as much as you can! I think it's a great bike. You're going to like that QingQi.

SamM

gloomhound
11-17-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm new here. I'm from Charleston and I was looking at the XF200 yesterday at crosslanes myself.

SamM
11-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Alright, another West Virginian! Welcome to the site!

SamM