PDA

View Full Version : Bike for the Girlfriend, What do the "experts" rec

thejunkman
11-12-2007, 11:23 PM
New to the site (sort of) not new to china or china based pit bikes and parts. I am looking for a "full sized" bike for my girlfriend/fiancé'. I am a bit clueless to the "full sized" china bikes. To give a little back round on me, I have been riding most of my life. I have/had raced almost every type of motorcycle sport and I own 5 different types of bikes myself (not to mention all me and my dads vintage bikes) so I know my way around a motorcycle. Ok enough about me and on to my questions.

My girlfriend is really getting into motorcycles riding and maybe try a race once, but mostly just ride. Currently she is having a blast on my 88cc Pit bike, and she rides pretty well on my vintage trials bike (1974 TY250) learning all the technical aspects of riding, but now she wants a bike she can go faster on with better ergo's than my pit bikes :lol: I am looking at a full sized china bike as a possibility and maybe an X-mas present. I pretty much know nothing about who are some good vendors and what "brands" to look for. I am mostly looking for probably a 200cc bike, electric start is not mandatory but a primary clutch (start in gear) motor mandatory. I also know that some vertical china motors are push-rod motors and some are more modern OHC motors, I would prefer an OHC vs. push-rod. Suspension is not as crucial as long as long as it has a lot of pre-load adjust ability. My price range is in the $800 dollar range. The bike will mostly trail ridden and rolling jumps on an MX track I will upgrade her if/when she starts jumping, racing, pushing the limits of the bike. Here is a quick video of her on her second time on a motorcycle.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xhHviUrhxO0

I have seen this bike and thought it would fit my criteria pretty well, but I have no idea if this is a good vendor or not. I know all the good vendors in the pit bike industry (I am sponsored by 2 of them) but am clueless on the "Good Guys" in the full sized markets.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/product_info.php/cPath/33_47/products_id/483

Any recommendations?

xf200
11-12-2007, 11:35 PM
well the zongshen looks to be a good candidate but how hard do you think she will be jumping it ? the reason i ask is because the dealer that sponsors my son had sold one to a 15 year old and not even a week later it was back getting a new swing arm ? from the looks of the video i dont think she could hurt it but im no expert im just telling my experiences? idk just a heads up ...chris :?

thejunkman
11-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Well I realize that the situation of the 15 year old boy breaking a swingarm is probably more an issue of wrong bike for the type of skill/terrain or kid that really should be on an 85cc, 125cc 2 stroke or maybe even a 250F. She will NOT be doing doubles and what not with this bike. I am looking for a bike that can help her learn and eventually transition to my KDX250 woods bike (I race a KX250 for my woods bike)

culcune
11-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Member 'liverchip' bought a pure dirt bike from T-Motorsports that has served him well; 200cc built by Shineray. The only problem is that T-Motorsports doesn't have the best reputation as a mail-order business here on Chinariders ('Liverchip' picked his up in person as he lives in California within driving distance to T-Motorsports) so you living in Colorado might not have the best experience mail-ordering from them--or anyone else for that matter!

thejunkman
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Well that is what I am looking for is a reputable vendor. Like I said I have dealt with a few very good china bike/parts vendors in the pit bike industry but they don't carry the "full sized" bikes. Thanks for the replies guys keep them coming!