PDA

View Full Version : Snort

cheesy
03-27-2017, 10:05 PM
Okay, my youngest son in law is an FRN. Loosely translated for a family audience, an Effing Railroad Nut. He's working on turning my grandson into one. So, for twenty plus years, Jake has been attending a large model railroad show at Harper College in Palatine, IL. Every year, he enters the raffle. He is 0 for 0 in the raffle dept., for those twenty years.

This year, he buys another ticket and a second one for Eli. Eli shoots and scores with his first ever raffle ticket. Won himself a very nice Bachmann train set. Jake has just been muttering "Dammit, trying for twenty years. Nuthin'. Kid gets first raffle ticket and wins.":lmao:

Also, Eli's mom, my youngest kid, has been pointing out motorcycles to Eli when they're in the car. He usually has his face buried in a Transformer or some such rot, but asks if motorcycle has a sidecar. If it does, he pops his head up to look. If it doesn't, he just shrugs and keeps on playing.
:hi:

BlackBike
03-27-2017, 11:01 PM
Okay, my youngest son in law is an FRN. Loosely translated for a family audience, an Effing Railroad Nut. He's working on turning my grandson into one. So, for twenty plus years, Jake has been attending a large model railroad show at Harper College in Palatine, IL. Every year, he enters the raffle. He is 0 for 0 in the raffle dept., for those twenty years.

This year, he buys another ticket and a second one for Eli. Eli shoots and scores with his first ever raffle ticket. Won himself a very nice Bachmann train set. Jake has just been muttering "Dammit, trying for twenty years. Nuthin'. Kid gets first raffle ticket and wins.":lmao:

Also, Eli's mom, my youngest kid, has been pointing out motorcycles to Eli when they're in the car. He usually has his face buried in a Transformer or some such rot, but asks if motorcycle has a sidecar. If it does, he pops his head up to look. If it doesn't, he just shrugs and keeps on playing.
:hi:

Ahh. Ya didn't have to go there

https://pics.hobbytown.com/images/large/bac/bac00691.jpg?width=475

First m.c's now trains.

I put out a small grass fire today trackside and two small work modules (i guess i would call them that )came by and gave us a toot. :D

cheesy
03-28-2017, 09:06 AM
That's the kit, BB.

And we call 'em 'gangs and crews'. Steel gangs, Tie gangs, Bridge crews, Signal crews, Section, etc, etc.

hertz9753
03-28-2017, 10:12 PM
I have an old Tyco train set in the house somewhere. It has the steam locomotive and you had to put some kind of oil in it to make it puff out smoke. I think it was called the Clementine.

BlackBike
03-28-2017, 11:11 PM
Last year union pacfic had worst luck. A fellow was killed on a man lift that was working on a trestle near here when it toppled over. Also near here they also recently had a derailment with a load of crushed limestone that is shipped out of central Texas Hill country going south, presumably for the construction of that new interstate in South Texas called I-69.

Running on rails is no joke...amazing how it works 24-7

BlackBike
03-31-2017, 02:29 AM
I have an old Tyco train set in the house somewhere. It has the steam locomotive and you had to put some kind of oil in it to make it puff out smoke. I think it was called the Clementine.

Pics or it didn't happen:hehe:

cheesy
03-31-2017, 08:11 AM
Running on rails is no joke...amazing how it works 24-7

Sometimes you'd be surprised that it works at all.

wheelbender6
04-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Model railroading is so addictive. You can create your own world.