PDA

View Full Version : vader maiden voyage

veezx20
04-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Well we finally got some decent weather to ride in, took the vader out and put a rough 30 miles on her, vaper lock city, had to remove the cap every ten minutes. Havent had the chance to check for a kinked vent line, wondering if anyone had the same issue? Thought i seen something before. One thing is its getting a bigger motor lol.

jsumd
04-03-2017, 10:09 PM
Glad you got to ride! Mine seems to have that problem as well. When I open the tank after riding it has a significant hiss to it. I'm wondering if that is causing my sputtering issues.

veezx20
04-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Glad you got to ride! Mine seems to have that problem as well. When I open the tank after riding it has a significant hiss to it. I'm wondering if that is causing my sputtering issues.

I would deff lean towards it, mine would sputter and than die out. Hoping to get a chance to tear into it, leaning towards a kinked line at the charcoal canister as i would think its vented into that. Ill keep you posted.

culcune
04-04-2017, 08:26 AM
I wonder if those vented gas caps would help like you see on off-road machines? I mean, for the time being.

jsumd
04-04-2017, 12:39 PM
I figured these would vent like a ninja 250 does but they dont seem to at all.

veezx20
04-04-2017, 03:34 PM
I wonder if those vented gas caps would help like you see on off-road machines? I mean, for the time being.

I wpuld think that would be a great idea but the way the tank is designed i dont think any gas cap will work, i gotta dig into when get free time, its gotta vent thru the charcoal canister, gotta be plumbed wrong or theres a kinked line.

prismways
04-11-2017, 12:49 AM
I thought I read somewhere that you have to use 90 octane or better.

What do you guys think?

veezx20
04-11-2017, 10:33 AM
I thought I read somewhere that you have to use 90 octane or better.

What do you guys think?

I only use 91 octane free gas.

After tearing into the bike its the junk carb thats the culprit. Ordered a vm22.