PDA

View Full Version : Watch your step

Sir kayakalot
04-14-2017, 07:20 PM
I thought y'all might enjoy this. Stumbled across him while I was turkey hunting today.
6' long and I released him unharmed.

Azhule
04-14-2017, 07:33 PM
The snake is telling the same tale to everyone it knows :

"and I let him go unharmed" :lmao:

Sir kayakalot
04-14-2017, 08:00 PM
Got a good laugh out of that Azhule, that's hilarious!

Bruce's
04-14-2017, 08:04 PM
Looks a lot like my neighbour .I wouldn't of messed with it ,and if I had it wouldn't of been to let it go .

Adjuster
04-14-2017, 09:10 PM
Very cool!

/

Adjuster
04-14-2017, 09:11 PM
Did you see any turkeys?

/

Sir kayakalot
04-14-2017, 09:45 PM
Yes had 2 really close encounters with 3 longbeards. Just couldn't close the deal. I killed a 12" with 1 1/8" spurs Monday and now I'm trying to get one close enough for my wife. It's been difficult lol. We also saw a HUGE bear today at 30 yds.

BlackBike
04-15-2017, 12:31 AM
Great that you didn't kill it. Everyone kills snakes on impulse but the are such an important part of the ecology keeping down the rodents. I have on occasion had to shoot a couple of them buzzworms because I don't want them in my yard or on my porch . That is a beauty, really dark. Is that an eastern diamondback rattlesnake? Ours are more grey. Not sure if I would be handling it so close like that but you look like you know what your doing! He must be cold. Ours are usually hot and bothered and will run you down trying to get away from you. It has been said that rattlers are not giving their tell tale rattle as much due to predation by feral hogs.(unknown heresay).

PS I had home slow smoked turkey tonight from my pellet smoker (domestic supermarket variety)

:clap:

old kid
04-15-2017, 06:39 AM
nice bird :tup:

but as far as that rattler goes I don't think I would be picking it up.

we have two more weeks before our turkey season opens here, (May 1st) I've been seeing alot of nice birds, it should be a good one.

MOTOXtreme
04-15-2017, 09:31 AM
The snake is telling the same tale to everyone it knows :

"and I let him go unharmed" :lmao:

That's was just funny right there. I'd prob have heart failure if I was in the same vicinity with that monster.

pistolclass
04-15-2017, 06:41 PM
I do not like those creepy crawlys. I'm not sure he and I would have parted so peaceably. (My roman gladiator verdict = :tdown: )

I do love the outdoors but snakes..... eeesssshhhhhhh. Me no like. I was digging a hole in the garden and I came across one and I went full Norman Bates on it with a hoe. They are tough little buggers.

BlackBike
04-15-2017, 08:43 PM
I do not like those creepy crawlys. I'm not sure he and I would have parted so peaceably. (My roman gladiator verdict = :tdown: )

I do love the outdoors but snakes..... eeesssshhhhhhh. Me no like. I was digging a hole in the garden and I came across one and I went full Norman Bates on it with a hoe. They are tough little buggers.

With that new chunk of land you need to learn to play nice with snakes.